Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Home Polygraph Machines (Read 41943 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Tooth

Re: Home Polygraph Machines
Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 11:00am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
seryty wrote on Jan 2nd, 2012 at 2:13am:
The polygraph is only a part of the investigation and not the final word

The polygraph is the final word in the hiring process, which is the reason this web site exists.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:24pm
seryty wrote on Jan 2nd, 2012 at 2:13am:
Polygraph examiners are an investigative tool who have proven their worth many times over.

Translation: the polygraph is used as a rubber hose to trick those under interrogation into confessing.

It is only effective for those who have not yet awakened to the folly.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brant

Reply #32 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:24pm
Dear Quickfix, I believe in lie detectors and I want to buy the usb lie detector to play truth or dare with my girlfriends. Will it be accurate enough even though it is cheaper? How much does it cost to go to a real examiner and have them do it. Will my friends be able to come? 

Also this was a very educational conversation for me I am 20 years old and have never seen a girl act so mean towards someone. I am completely on your side you can not become a sex offender randomly, but you are still a woman and must remain professional no matter how jacked up this guy is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:01pm
Brant, thanks for the words of support. Someof my opponents on this site incorreclt assume I am hate-filled toward everyone; not the case.  The worst of the worst are spies and child molesters/sex offenders.  Even in prison, child molesters are despised by other inmates.  Notice how "Chuckles" has disappeared fromthis site?  No doubt he has offended again and hopefully he is back in prison where he belongs.

To answer your question, I would not spend time or money on these so-called home polygraph machines.  Having conducted research on many of them (under federal research grants), I can tell you that they don't collect the physiological data necessary, nor is the data collected on these devices accurate.  An examiner with proper training and experience is the way to go.  Inviting "friends" along is not appropriate.  Privacy is strictly enforced in any polygraph exam, whether conducted by a private, law enforcement, or federal examiner.  Onlythe person being tested, the person's attorney, and if required, an interpreter, are allowed to participate.  The attorney is also required to leave when the test portion begins, usually observing from an adjacent monitor room or other remote viewing device.

Fees for private testing can vary from examiner to examiner.  Expect to pay a minimum of $500-$750 for a simple straight-forward test;  more for a more complicated test.  Even more if the examiner has to travel, since you must pay for his travel, lodging, and incidental expenses.

Hope this answers your questions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #34 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Quote:
I believe in lie detectors 

May I ask what led to your belief in lie detectors? What exactly convinced you?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #35 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:45pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:01pm:
  Brant, thanks for the words of support. Someof my opponents on this site incorreclt assume I am hate-filled toward everyone; not the case.The worst of the worst are spies and child molesters/sex offenders.Even in prison, child molesters are despised by other inmates.Notice how "Chuckles" has disappeared fromthis site?No doubt he has offended again and hopefully he is back in prison where he belongs.

How do you prevent this deep seated hatred from introducing examiner bias into your scoring?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brant

Reply #36 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:24am
Thank you quickfix that was very helpful. I do not think you are hatefilled and I realize it is probably your job to deal with these kind of people. 

Dear Arhhangelsk, I believe in the system my dad is a prestigious judge. I asked him if they work and I trust his opinion. I have never personally used one, but I am told they work 80-99% of the time.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 7:25pm
Arkhangelsk:  I guess you didn't read my post;  there is no deep-seated hatred.  Therefore, your question is baseless.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #38 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 11:44pm
Brant, that's great that your dad is a judge, you should be proud. I'm sure he would be interested in seeing the other side; why don't you invite him to this website?

Quickfix, what you wrote about spies and sex offenders doesn't sound very congenial. Usually those that hate sex offenders the most are the ones with the real skeletons in the closet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Home Polygraph Machines

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X