Normal Topic Regarding breathing, stim test and post test interrogation (Read 10646 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rawform
New User

Regarding breathing, stim test and post test interrogation
Sep 22nd, 2010 at 6:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,
I'll start by telling you that I have read TLBTLD. I have read chapter 3 and 4 two times and will continue to read them until I am confident that I will pass a polygraph. I plan on applying for an LE in my area within a year or so. I will not lie to the background investigator about anything in my past. But I am not going to end up a false positive. It is unfortunate that I have to use this book for my advantage rather than being an advocate for antipolygraph.org. I am very thankful that this book is available.
Frist question, on page 145 it says to breath relatively shallow-not deep-breaths. I am trying to find out how deep is to deep and how shallow is to shallow? I have practiced the 2-4 sec rule and it seems to leave me short of breath from time to time. 
Second question, on page 150 it says, you can make your polygrapher think your a "screamer," and he wont be suprised when you react strongly to the "control' questions. My question: Do I maintain my breathing during the stim test and let my mind do the "screaming" for me? Or do I employ countermeasures during the number or card that I picked to ensure that I am indeed a "screamer?" 
Third question: On page 154 you are adamant about NOT staying for a post test iterrogation. My question: If I have passed the polygraph ( Im awear that the polygrapher will most likely not notify my passing or failing) will the polygrapher ask me to stay for a post test and if i refuse like I am advised will this look bad on the report the polygrapher sends to my background investigator? Or should I stay for the post test and continue to maintain my innocence until it is over? 

Agen thank you for TLBTLD,
                                      Rawform.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Regarding breathing, stim test and post test interrogation
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 8:35am
rawform wrote on Sep 22nd, 2010 at 6:52am:
Frist question, on page 145 it says to breath relatively shallow-not deep-breaths. I am trying to find out how deep is to deep and how shallow is to shallow? I have practiced the 2-4 sec rule and it seems to leave me short of breath from time to time.

It's hard to quantify how deep to breathe, but if you find yourself having to take catch-up breaths, then it would be reasonable to breath more deeply than you have been doing.

Quote:
Second question, on page 150 it says, you can make your polygrapher think your a "screamer," and he wont be suprised when you react strongly to the "control' questions. My question: Do I maintain my breathing during the stim test and let my mind do the "screaming" for me? Or do I employ countermeasures during the number or card that I picked to ensure that I am indeed a "screamer?"

What we're suggesting here is to produce a reaction to the number or card you chose during the stim test. Such a reaction can be produced with mental countermeasures (such as doing mental arithmetic) or physical countermeasures (such as tongue-biting). Either of these techniques is likely to also produce a breathing reaction without your having to think about it.

Quote:
Third question: On page 154 you are adamant about NOT staying for a post test iterrogation. My question: If I have passed the polygraph ( Im awear that the polygrapher will most likely not notify my passing or failing) will the polygrapher ask me to stay for a post test and if i refuse like I am advised will this look bad on the report the polygrapher sends to my background investigator? Or should I stay for the post test and continue to maintain my innocence until it is over?

It's okay to explain, if asked for an explanation, why you might have reacted to a question. But if that explanation is rejected and you're subjected to further grilling, then it is time to politely end the interrogation and leave.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rawform
New User

Re: Regarding breathing, stim test and post test interrogation
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 5:57pm
Thank you for the quick reponse. If I have any other questions I will not hesitate to ask.

IP Logged

Regarding breathing, stim test and post test interrogation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X