Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Didn't believe the hype until today, failed the polygraph (Read 153811 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Re: Didn't believe the hype until today, failed the polygraph
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
But i had been known to be involved in different so called illegal activities

An unfortunate side effect of helping innocent subjects escape the tyranny of the lie detector is the aid unavoidably provided to dishonest candidates who really should be filtered out. 

Of course if hiring agencies would drop the polygraph and redirect its funding to better BI processes, perhaps they'd actually improve the candidate pool instead of just reducing it at random. You'll note there is no book titled The Lie Behind the Background Investigation

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box carla

Reply #31 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 2:16am
I'm about to apply for dispatch but I'm some what nervous since one of the disqualifications is lying! and I know they will do a lie detector test on me. Can anyone help me out don't know what to answer in the "have you ever used marijuana?" I really haven't gotten high it was just one puff cause I don't even know how to smoke and stupid me just took one hit for fun and of course I didn't get high but should I check off "never" or be honest and put 2years ago which that was the time I did that! I'm so scared I really want to get into law enforcement everything else is clear is just that question that has me bad I'm in Riverside, CA Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 3:34am
Quote:
I'm about to apply for dispatch but I'm some what nervous since one of the disqualifications is lying! and I know they will do a lie detector test on me. Can anyone help me out don't know what to answer in the "have you ever used marijuana?" I really haven't gotten high it was just one puff cause I don't even know how to smoke and stupid me just took one hit for fun and of course I didn't get high but should I check off "never" or be honest and put 2years ago which that was the time I did that! I'm so scared I really want to get into law enforcement everything else is clear is just that question that has me bad I'm in Riverside, CA Undecided

What you can do is either include your minor marijuana use in your application disclosure and answer honestly during the polygraph test, OR omit your minor marijuana use from your application disclosure and never ever admit to the polygraph examiner even if he seems to know all about it. 

What you do *not* do is omit your minor marijuana use from your application disclosure, and then let the polygraph examiner bully you into an admission. I don't like to be harsh but if you do that then you don't deserve the job -- not because you are a druggie, which you're not, but because you are foolish. 

What you should also understand is that all this fuss about toking a spliff now and then is not in any way about the evil of drugs, and the tyranny of the polygraph exam is not in any way about honesty and lying. These are social tools used by a person with a little bit of power, such as a police detective or a potential employer, to make you feel bad about yourself, so that you'll feel grateful for having a crap job and not being in jail. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Didn't believe the hype until today, failed the polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X