Normal Topic How many times will they put me through a polygraph? (Read 2268 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kinkaid
New User

How many times will they put me through a polygraph?
Jan 21st, 2010 at 5:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey everyone I am new to the site and I have a few question if you guys would like to help me out.  I applied for the LA county Sheriff's Dept. and i had to take a polygraph.  Well one turned to two and then i took my third.  The first said i failed the alcohol question the second said i failed the narcotics question and the third said that i failed the narcotics substance specific but the third polygraph examiner story just doesn't add up in so many elements.  In, what i know is called the "Post Interrogation" they tried to get me to change my answer but i told the truth and stuck with it all three times without change and signing a statement saying i wouldn't change my statement regardless of the results.  I really was telling the truth but the last guy called me a liar right to my face.

What's the deal, I mean am i going to have to take another one or was the third one bluffing on whether i passed or not and i am just going to get a call from my investigator saying to move on to the next step???????????????

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box agony
New User

Re: How many times will they put me through a polygraph?
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 5:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
"was the third one bluffing"

They were all bluffing.

The best way to pass a pre-employment poly -- in addition to the excellent advice in TLBTLD -- is to be a strong candidate in every other phase, avoid irking or annoying anyone already working there, and to get someone on the inside to want to hire you.  Then they and the hiring managers will tell the polygrapher to go pound sand.

This is just a wild guess, but maybe the multiple tests offered to you are an indication that this is what is happening.  If they didn't want you, they would have discarded your candidacy after the first questionable poly.

-Aunty Agony.

IP Logged

How many times will they put me through a polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X