Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation (Read 21307 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation
Jan 16th, 2010 at 7:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
AntiPolygraph.org has received an undated press release (see attachment) issued by Baker Group International announcing that "after a four day trial, a Palm Beach County, Florida jury has concluded that [E. Gary Baker's] competitor, NITV, LLC defamed him through its January 2005 publication of a 'Law Enforcement Alert' and 'Law Enforcement Scam Alert.'"

NITV markets the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA), which competes with Baker's Digital Voice Stress Analyzer (DVSA).

The press release includes a copy of the jury's verdict report, dated 19 November 2009, awarding Baker a total of $575,000 in damages as well as Judge Timothy P. McCarthy's order dated 20 December 2009 stating: "Pursuant to the verdict rendered by jury after trial in this action, It is adjudged that Plaintiff, ELWOOD GARY BAKER, whose address is PO Box 191, Cape Canaveral, FL 32930, shall recover from Defendant NITV, LLC, whose address is 11400 Fortune Circle, West Palm Beach, FL 33414 and whose EIN Number is 020531279, the sum of $575,000.00 that shall bear interest at the rate of 8% per year for which let execution issue forthwith."

baker-press-release.pdf ( 130 KB | Downloads )

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sterling A.

Re: Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 11:33am
Apparently NITV has been busy doing a lot of stuff as listed on the following website https://www.nitvcvsaexposed.com/ ;  Shocked

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sterling A.

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 11:36am
Looks like the website was posted wrong.  Here it is again.   

https://www.nitvcvsaexposed.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box James K.

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 2:03pm
Come visit us at our 2019 CVSA AEC Conference in Orlando.  Our instructors include everyone's favorite liar, Bill Endler.  Former Sgt. Jerry Crotty https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/article207831829.html will also be there.  We will be showing off our CVSA III, which is nothing more than our CVSA III running on windows 10.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 11:13am
Elwood Gary Baker is still trying to collect the judgment debt owed to him by NITV. On Wednesday, 16 September 2020, Baker's counsel, Scott W. Zappolo, served NITV with the attached "Re-Notice of Taking Videotaped Deposition of NITV, LLC."

The notice states that for the deposition, which is to take place at 10 AM on Thursday, 12 November 2020, "NITV, LLC...shall designate a person to testify on its behalf and bind said company as to the assets of NITV, LLC at the time judgment was entered in this matter and where those assets are located at this time."

The notice names NITV Federal Services, LLC, Lourdes Irimia (Charles Humble's wife), James Kane, and Charles Humble as third party defendants.

The deposition should be interesting.

It has been suggested to me that some of NITV's assets might be hidden under Voice Biometrics, LLC, a shell company that owns several trademarks associated with NITV.

Judge Glenn D. Kelley has scheduled a jury trial in Baker's collection action for the period between 22 March and 30 April 2021. His scheduling order dated 20 August 2020 is also attached.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 9:49am
The deposition that was to take place on 12 November 2020 was postponed until 17 December 2020. However, no deposition took place on that date, and a new deposition date has not been published on the court website. The notice of postponement is attached.

The numerous filings in this case can be browsed on line here:

https://appsgp.mypalmbeachclerk.com/eCaseView/search.aspx

You can enter as a guest, and then search for Case Number 50-2005-CA-001771-XXXX-MB.

502005CA001771XXXXMB_307.pdf ( 46 KB | 163 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2021 at 3:17pm
The deposition of NITV Federal Services LLC in this case has now been rescheduled for 18 February 2021. The scheduling notice is attached.

One of the topics to be explored is NITV's finances. In this regard, the website FederalPay.org indicates that on 1 May 2020, NITV Federal Services, LLC was approved for a $68,933 Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan, reportedly making possible the retention of 6 jobs.

FederalPay.org notes, "Based on standard PPP eligibility rules, Nitv Federal Services, LLC's total 2019 payroll expenses were approximately $330,878 in order to qualify for the PPP loan amount received."

Data provided by NITV in a different, federal lawsuit indicates that in 2018, NITV had revenue of $1,704,098. 

A PDF printout of the FederalPay.org information is also attached.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:14pm
James Kane has been scheduled for a videotaped deposition in this case on 24 February 2021. The scheduling notice is attached.

502005CA001771XXXXMB_309.pdf ( 74 KB | 164 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Charles Humble Tested Positive for COVID-19
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2021 at 9:30am
In a "Defendant and Third Party Defendants' Motion for Extension of Discovery Deadline," filed on 18 February 2021, counsel for NITV Federal Services, LLC, Lourdes Irimia, James Kane, and Charles Humble writes:

Quote:
... The extension is necessary to continue to take discovery and one or two additonal depositions in preparation for the upcoming trial. Additionally, it was only learned today, February 18, 2021, that Third Party Defendant, CHARLES HUMBLE, was tested positive for CoVid19 and the results reported on February 11, 2021, therefore, his involvement in the case will be limited until he is cleared. ...

A PDF copy of the motion is attached.

502005CA001771XXXXMB_312.pdf ( 65 KB | 159 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 7:00pm
On 3 March 2021, the parties to this long-running litigation filed a joint motion for continuance. Trial had been scheduled for the time period of 22 March-30 April 2021. Following a hearing, the court on 10 March 2021 issued an order rescheduling the hearing for the time period from 9 August-17 September 2021. Copies of the motion and order are attached.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2021 at 9:23pm by George W. Maschke »  

502005CA001771XXXXMB_317.pdf ( 63 KB | 162 Downloads )
502005CA001771XXXXMB_318.pdf ( 169 KB | 163 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anthony R

Reply #10 - May 3rd, 2021 at 4:28pm
Is "Doc" Humble still sick with Covid 19, or was he ever stricken with Covid?  This could be a ploy to allow him to hide assets.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2021 at 3:47pm
In the face of NITV's stonewalling in this litigation, E. Gary Baker filed a Motion to Compel on 23 June 2021. With this motion filed and depositions of NITV employees Olga Kane and Carol Graham looming, the parties have agreed to enter mediation talks on Tuesday, 20 July 2021 via Zoom, under the auspices of Matrix Mediation, LLC of West Palm Beach.

Copies of the Motion to Compel and Notice of Mediation are attached.

502005CA001771XXXXMB_323.pdf ( 62 KB | 134 Downloads )
502005CA001771XXXXMB_331.pdf ( 245 KB | 126 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 1:59am
Perhaps Gary Baker is not very bright even by faux Ph.D. standards.  Let's stop and and do a brief review of this case.  Charlie lost the case to Gary concerning defamation to the tune of $575,000 approximately 10 years ago.  Charlie apparently did not attempt to make restitution to Gary and has appears to be getting away with stonewalling.
Now here is the part I am having a hard part understanding:  If Charlie can ignore to an court order to pay $575,000, what is to keep him from adhering to resolution?  One cannot make an honorable agreement with an un-honorable individual like Charlie. 
I am no where close to being an attorney, but if I was Gary I would start the procedure of seizing Charlie's assets.  Maybe if Gary had a helicopter, kitchenware, photography equipment and guitars he too could be a renaissance man.
On a slightly different point:  Matrix, according to their website, has an option called Black Box where the proceedings are kept hush hush.  Perhaps Gary and Charlie don't want any additional members of the judiciary (game theory?) to see how bogus the whole field of voice stress analysis is.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 4:30am
Quote:
If Charlie can ignore to an court order to pay $575,000, what is to keep him from adhering to resolution?

A mediated settlement could, for example, be contingent upon payment of an agreed upon amount to an escrow account.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2021 at 5:05pm
Yes, I would expect both parties to pay to play.  However, I was under the impression that mediation was in lieu of litigation, not after successful litigation that was in favor of Gary. 
With that said, Charlie, I bet, will still find ways to drag his feet, further increasing legal costs for both parties.  I hope this scenario continues to play out.  So called lie detection should have been banished decades ago, and I would rather the moronic pair of Charlie and Gary continue to bankrupt each other with never ending legal costs than us concerned citizens get further involved with the lie of lie detection.
I kind of believe that Charlie thinks since he did not collect on Dektor that he has the right not to pay out a settlement to Gary.  But in the legal system, that of course does not matter.
I continue to maintain my position that Gary is an idiot to go to binding mitigation when he already has a lawsuit win in his favor, and that Charlie is continuing to hide assets in his many shell organizations.  The biggest idiots are the government bureaucrats that continue to contract with the crooks in the so-called lie detector business.  Haven't these bureaucrats ever heard of a Google search?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X