Normal Topic Test Results Length (Read 3186 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box katwoman41
New User

Test Results Length
Mar 21st, 2009 at 11:28am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My daughter took a polygraph on Tuesday.  We still have not received the results.  How long does it take to get these results?  The test was for a sexual pandering case.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Test Results Length
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 11:37am
It takes only minutes to score a polygraph chart, and it is standard operating procedure for polygraphers to score them before the examinee leaves the polygraph suite (and to promptly conduct a post-test interrogation if the charts are scored as "deception indicated"). If this polygraph was conducted by a law enforcement agency and your daughter was not subjected to a post-test interrogation, then that is a good indication that she either passed or at worst had an "inconclusive" outcome.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 1:17pm
Do you have any idea why they would wait so long to give me the results?  I am confused as to why this is taking so long....perhaps the wait is a way to control something that I am not aware of?  https://antipolygraph.org/yabbfiles/Smilies/evil.gifThis is a case of my daughter accusing her step dad of taking naked pictures of her.  She has a history of lying and is diagnosed with Conduct Disorder.  No one knows what to believe in this instance, thus the polygraph.  The outcome decides my future and hers.  I think it is cruel to leave me hanging so long with these results.....

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 1:19pm
Is is also standard practice to have others look at the results...a second opinion....that is what I was told is taking so long.....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 1:50pm
I can think of a number of reasons why a law enforcement agency would be reluctant to disclose polygraph results in an on-going investigation. Yes, it is common for polygraph results to be reviewed by another polygrapher, but that usually doesn't take very long.

In any event, it would be foolhardy to allow the outcome of your daughter's polygraph "test" to determine your and her future. Polygraphy has no scientific basis. It's sheer pseudoscience -- in the same league as astrology and palm-reading. The polygraph can be useful as a prop in an interrogation, but it's nothing more than a prop:

If your daughter's step-father indeed took inappropriate pictures of her, then there should be some evidence for that. Polygraph chart readings are not evidence one way or the other.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Test Results Length

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X