Normal Topic CHP CVSA? (Read 29164 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Private

CHP CVSA?
Jan 17th, 2009 at 5:03am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
How goes it people. I am soon to be taking the CVSA and was hoping some people here could tell me what to expect. How long will it last? How many questions apprx will they ask? Just a detailed overall experience of the whole thing. Greatly appreciate it

IP Logged

Re: CHP CVSA?
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:31am
Cmon guys, anyone have any info?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:58pm
If no one steps up, you should give the detailed explanation that you wish you had. The questions asked, how long it was, etc.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:31am
If no one steps up, I will def do that once I have it. It won't be for a while, but I will do it so that people can find out. It is a bit of a mystery.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lt Col

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:22am
The Test parameters depend on what the reason is for the Test.

If it is an incident it will be a ZOC which has 2 relevant questions , such as do you have any direct etc. & Did you?

If the examiner suggests a MZOC (Modofied) run for the hills it is patently flawed.

If it is a general enquiry , then you will have several Relevant questions re your integrity & first ahnd knowledge.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 5:30am
Quote:
The Test parameters depend on what the reason is for the Test.

If it is an incident it will be a ZOC which has 2 relevant questions , such as do you have any direct etc. & Did you?

If the examiner suggests a MZOC (Modofied) run for the hills it is patently flawed.

If it is a general enquiry , then you will have several Relevant questions re your integrity & first ahnd knowledge

It's to get a job as an officer. Standard background CVSA.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LtCol

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 12:05pm
It will be 31 questions , only 13 are relevant , you will be catergorised into several sections , such as General Honesty "have you ever stolen .....in excess of $$, Then , Have you ever used illegal Drugs prior to ???..  , Then you will hear , APART from what you told me have you ever?........

Sorry about the delay answering , Training some people in Asia..& am suffering a wifi on & off on the net continually

Good Luck , if you are Honest you don't have a problem

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 3:04pm
Hi.  I took the CHP CVSA a few years ago and failed it.  The administrator told me that the machine indicated that I was lying more than half the time.  MORE THAN HALF THE TIME?  That stupid machine detects stress in the voice and I was stressed!  I was HONEST throughout the whole freaking background investigation and the BI sided with the CVSA results by questioning my integrity.  I started to believe that maybe I was lying... (this was before I knew anything about the CVSA)  It was almost exactly like the Crowe case and the BI was grilling a confession out of me!  I started to doubt myself and went along with the BI's suggestions like maybe I did steal a candy bar and an extra bicycle.  I was obviously DQed and I felt like a fool after I researched about the CVSA!  It doesn't put into account that my voice fluctuates.  I'm Asian by the way and my damn voice fluctuates a lot!  Why?  BECAUSE I speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and Korean!  Does the machine put that into account?  How many different native tongues were tested by this machine?  I stress certain words and I can't really help it because that's how I speak!  You swear the Caucasian, Asian, African American, Latin, Arab, etc. are all the same?  I suppose Vietnamese speakers sound just like Chinese speakers too right?  *IN A CHINESE ACCENT* Toooo Charles Humble and his National In"s%^t"ute for Toooth Veryfeecation... faaaaaaaaak  you a$$hole!

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 3:35pm
"The analyzer has been available since 1988, and the company says it is used by over 1,400 law enforcement agencies across the United States, as well as by other state and federal agencies including the Defense Department. 'In private industry, you're doing it for profit, so there's always a concern about ethics violations,' Mr. Hughes said. 'You can't be cavalier.'"

Sooo... let's do some math!   at least 1,400 departments which means at least 1,400 UNITS.  Each unit cost about $10,000....  1,400 x $10,000 that's......  CheesyCASH MONEY! $14,000,000! Cheesy  Who wouldn't want to scam the government for $14,000,000?  OOoOoooo Shocked     Now I can see why the 99% is pissed off at the 1%!   And *COUGH COUGH* DR.  * COUGH COUGH* Charles Humble was part of the Police force?  Lips Sealed  What happened to our Justice System?  Cry

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 5:06am
"NITV, founded in 1986, has a virtual lock on the law-enforcement market,according
to both the company and its critics. It has sold its $10,000 CVSA to more than 1,100
police departments and trained more than 4,200 CVSA operators at about $1,300
each, Hughes said."

Here we go again....   4,200 CVSA operators at about $1300 each....  thats a whopping $5,460,000! Cheesy    I think I'm in the wrong profession. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RoamingBack
New User

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:58pm
I'd have to agree with Comment #7 (Guest) and disagree with Lt.Col... honesty does not a successful test make. Either in this or the poly... I 'used' to think that such was the case until I had my first failure "while(!)" I was telling the truth... the anger and hurt at being called a liar, Lt Col, is devastating and as long as folks buy the patent falsehood that "just be honest and you will be fine" there will be continued distrust not only of the machines and their administrators but of a society/company/organization that utilizes the concept. We need to remember that during the Witch Hunts, when asked if you were a 'witch', you would be held under water... if you drowned, you were not a witch, if you lived you were a witch and then they killed you. Determining the truth is not a matter of 'one incident' or 'one method' but of a history of integrity (or lack), of the types of friends and associates one maintains, of background, raising, education and faith... I am disgusted with people so naive or otherwise compromised that say "just be honest", that is not sufficient criteria. Be very cautious if you have any so called "lie" detector exam...

IP Logged

CHP CVSA?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X