Normal Topic As long as you relax you are ok (Read 2975 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box DK

As long as you relax you are ok
Jan 5th, 2009 at 8:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Being a retired Law Enforcement professional my opinion of the Poly is.....
It is just a method of interrogation, if the operator is a skilled interrogator then he tricks the subject into telling the truth or crossing up his lies.
The scary part about the test is when the operator believes him or herself to be skilled. In the criminal world for the most part the subject is guilty and they just need more evidence against him.  But, for all of us normal people out here just trying to get a job it is ridiculous.  I know this because I tested three different departments before I finally passed a poly. I know I wasn't lying.  I also went to the poly school of deception a few years later.
It is the same as if you are tied up in a room being scared out of your wits and light torture to break the truth out of you.  Very few of the questions asked of you are true yes and no type questions. Such as prior to the test they will ask if you have ever stolen anything.  You say some candy bars when you were 10 years old they clarify and ask if there was anything when you were older you say no.
Then as you take the test and he asks for that yes or no answer your mind wanders and you wonder if you should mention when you got home from the store and realized you hadn't paid for a pack of gum, or that pen you took from work even though you used it for work related things at home, or or or or .....  He sees you thinking about these things and he jumps on it not knowing that you are still thinking about that stupid stealing question since he has moved on to others he then turns off the machine so he can talk to you about it. And this is when he determines that you are lying about your drug usage his current question  and he never believes you really didn't do any drugs while he  keeps pushing the drug question after turning off the machine and you keep saying no, since he cant get you to admit to a little of it he decides you are lying..
So just relax say "yes" or "no"... don' tthink or try to read more into the question... also note if you relax too much they will think you are a liar because they can't catch you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: As long as you relax you are ok
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 8:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
DK,

Polygraph operators who have posted here have sworn up and down that the polygraph IS NOT AN INTERROGATION.  That it is a scientific test for the truth.  Even though the DOD polygraph school's curriculum includes the following publication (which can be downloaded at the home page of this site:

http://antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi-interrogation.pdf

The think we is stupid!

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

As long as you relax you are ok

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X