Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Failed FBI Polygraph... confused (Read 28070 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pancho76

Re: Failed FBI Polygraph... confused
Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 9:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Yeah your right, the polygraph is just a machine they use to measure reactions you have no real control over. As long as I know im right and that I have nothing to hide, I shouldn't have nothing to worry about. I can't let something like this machine get me down because I know myself more than any machine will ever know me. I just hope the background investigators can see past this machines "predictions" and see the real person that I am; because I feel that I am a good candidate for this position.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 4:58am
Quote:
As long as I know im right and that I have nothing to hide, I shouldn't have nothing to worry about.

Yes you DO!  You can tell the truth, know you are telling the truth, and STILL FAIL!  You ALSO have to NOT volunteer ANY information, or make ANY admissions, no matter HOW INSIGNIFICANT you think it is, IF it concerns a RELEVANT question.

IOW, you have to NOT nibble at the BAIT they use to lure you in during their FISHING EXPEDITION!  

Example, "you're have trouble with this question.  Anything bothering you?  Must be something.  I want to help you get this job!  Let's get everything off your chest so you can clear your mind and do better on that question (hahaha!)!  Okay now Mr. Applicant.  What could be troubling you? (what little tidbits can you give me to hang you with?  Shocked)  Blah! Blah! Blah!"

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pancho76

Reply #17 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 5:27pm
Exactly! as long as I don't bring up little details into the equation; I should be alright. Because like I said "I have nothing to hide"
For example in the first posting I read that he mentioned something about hanging out with the local gang; but what he ment was his neighborhood friends. The examiner thought completely different and started asking him questions about his gang affiliations!!! This to me seems ridiculous but I guess its those little words that they try to stick to in order to try and get you to confess to something that doesnt even exist.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Bellemont

Reply #18 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 11:39pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 at 5:58am:

That line of questioning seems atypical (and rather voyeuristic) for FBI pre-employment polygraph screening. I would be interested to hear from any other FBI applicants if they have been asked similar questions.

The individual interrogating me at the FBI also tried to steer some of the questioning to perverse sexuality.

Mr. Bellemont

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Phlyfisher
New User

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 7:23am
Sheesh-

I had a really similar experience with the FBI polygrapher. I wonder if the FBI guys are really similar in their interviewing techniques or if you and I may have had the same interviewer.  You weren't interviewed by a Mr. Anderson were you?

IP Logged

Failed FBI Polygraph... confused

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X