Normal Topic medication (Read 5083 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box one

medication
Aug 15th, 2008 at 9:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am supposed to take a polygraph exam sometime later this year and have heard from others that I will not be permitted to take medications before the exam. Is this usual for a polygraph or have I been misinformed? They are for maintaining bp, pulse, depression, and bipolar disorder. Would discontinuing them for the time before the exam adversely effect the results? And can I legally be compelled to do so by other than a medical doctor?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: medication
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 9:45pm
Why are you taking the polygraph?  Employment screening, criminal investigation?

Did they actually say you can't take meds?  Then GET IT IN WRITING!

A person can not be forced legally to take a polygraph.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 11:27pm
one

You are misinformed.  Take all meds as directed by your doctor.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 2:00am
One

pailryder is correct. Only your doctor can legally stop your meds and the intity directing your polygraph cannot penalize you for not taking their directions if they were to do so.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:51am
Anyone who would tell someone to not take medications as directed by a doctor should be hit upside the head with a tack hammer.  If it was a polygraph examiner who told you this he should have his license burned.

Always take your medications as directed by your doctor.  Drugs do not change the outcome of a polygraph.  Drugs affect your physiology from the x to the xx of a polygraph, in other words, it changes things as a baseline level.  A good polygraph examiner looks for changes in your baseline that are timely, significant and consistent, or at least most of us do.

Take your meds and go into the room with the truth.  I wish you well in your polygraph experience.

Joe

IP Logged

medication

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X