Normal Topic Can i fail the test by telling the truth? (Read 8235 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Titb

Can i fail the test by telling the truth?
Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was at a party a week ago, and an xbox 360, and some other stuff got stolen. the parents found out about it, and talked to everyone, and no one said they took it. Now we are all getting polygraphed. I did not steal it, or take anything for that matter, but i was wondering what are the chances that the test is wrong and says i'm lieing? If so what should i do next ask for another test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: Can i fail the test by telling the truth?
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 9:48pm
Quote:
I was at a party a week ago, and an xbox 360, and some other stuff got stolen. the parents found out about it, and talked to everyone, and no one said they took it. Now we are all getting polygraphed. I did not steal it, or take anything for that matter, but i was wondering what are the chances that the test is wrong and says i'm lieing? If so what should i do next ask for another test?

REFUSE to take any polygraph test. I was accused of stealing a gun and was polygraphed by the police, told the truth ( I took it cause I felt I had nothing to hide) and.... FAILED!
It is not a test that detects lies and your result only has a 50/50 chance of being accurate but if it's not..... your a liar and a thief.
Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:14pm
Quote:

Who is making everyone get polygraphed?

Are your parents telling you that you have to do a polygraph?  If so, you might want to point out this site to them and let them know that regardless of the result, you don't know any more at the end of a polygraph exam than you did at the beginning (absent a confession).

If the police have said you have to take a polygraph you should consult with an attorney.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:20am
Sergeant1107 wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:14pm:
Quote:

Who is making everyone get polygraphed?

Are your parents telling you that you have to do a polygraph?  If so, you might want to point out this site to them and let them know that regardless of the result, you don't know any more at the end of a polygraph exam than you did at the beginning (absent a confession).

If the police have said you have to take a polygraph you should consult with an attorney.

If the police asked him to take a poly that means they have nothing on him. He should refuse to take it cause even if he fails they can't charge him unless they can get him to confess, BTW something that they will try to get him to do.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lethe
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 8:29pm
Let me add my voice to those of my colleagues: don't take the polygraph!  It is not possible for it to help you but it is very likely to hurt you.  If pushed to take it, you should disseminate this site's URL to the others involved and educate them about how stupid the whole thing is.   

Don't take the exam, and stick to your guns when they pressure you to do so!

Is former APA President Skip Webb evil or just stupid?

Is former APA President Ed Gelb an idiot or does the polygraph just not work?

Did you know that polygrapher Sackett doesn't care about detecting deception to relevant questions?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:24pm
Fact is that in this country, your STILL ( even though the poly people want it to be different) INNOCENT until proven guilty. 
Proving you guilty requires a proven method like evidence or a confession. 
A poly is not a reliable or proven method. What they will do it tell you   (and everyone else involved) you failed then try to force a confession out of you. 
If the poly is not by police and you fail, which you very well may it will only show you as a thief and a liar which you say your not.
Stick to you guns

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:40pm
What a bunch of malcontents!

Don't condemn a process just because you lack the required "gray matter" to comprehend it!

People who have trouble on the test are those who fail to let the examiner "help them get through the process".   They are not forthcoming with all that might be "bothering them".  Worse yet, they pucker their disgusting anus, at the behest of the losers on this site, in an attempt to "fool the examiner", which we all know can't be done!

There is a ton of scientific evidence proving the accuracy and reliability of the polygraph.  Or, at least there is NO evidence to prove that IT IS NOT ACCURATE.  

What people need to do is go to "the polycrap place" site and seek the advice the many professionals there.  Here they will only get the distorted views of a few misguided soul hell bent on trashing a noble and much needed profession!

Shame on you!

T.M. Cullen,
SSOB (sarcastic son of a bitch)

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Can i fail the test by telling the truth?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X