Normal Topic Control ?'s (Read 2305 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rimshot1028

Control ?'s
Jun 6th, 2008 at 11:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
What if you always answer the truth to the control questions during a probable lie test. ie... if asked have you ever cheated in school-- or if you've ever lied to a loved one---you just keep answering yes even if they modify the question?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rimshot1028

Re: Control ?'s
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 12:07am
I meant to say  what if"...probable lie questions truthfully.."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lethe
Very Senior User

Re: Control ?'s
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 1:29am
They'll keep modifying the question and will act more and more outraged and angry until they can intimidate you into issuing a denial.

For instance, if the control question is "have you ever broken any traffic law ever?" and you're honest (which is, despite what polygrapher's say, a good trait to have) you'll say "yes" (unless you don't drive, in which case they wouldn't have asked that question).  The polygrapher will ask for specifics (which they'll probably already have, if this is a pre-employment test; they'll have checked out your motor vehicle records already).

The polygrapher will then ask the question again, adding "Besides what you have told me, have you ever broken any traffic law ever?"  He will also act disappointed in you and outraged that you are such a evil thing as to have run a red light.  Shaking his head, he'll explain that running red lights correlates closely with committing treason (if a pre-employment exam) or with committing whatever crime or act is being investigated.  This is, of course, nonsense.

If you make further admissions, he'll act even more upset and will ham it up all sorts of ways until he can, finally, get some sort of statement that you can deny: "Besides the 78 times you've told me you've broken a traffic law, and with the knowledge that if you have committed a 79th offense I will shot you dead where you sit, have you ever committed any traffic offenses?"

If you refuse to lie, you're refusing to be tested, so far as polygraphers are concerned (I believe former APA president Skip Webb said that.  He also said that, if true that George Washington "couldn't tell a lie", he couldn't be polygraphed either.  The toothless bastard.)

Is former APA President Skip Webb evil or just stupid?

Is former APA President Ed Gelb an idiot or does the polygraph just not work?

Did you know that polygrapher Sackett doesn't care about detecting deception to relevant questions?

IP Logged

Control ?'s

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X