Normal Topic Have TS-SCI, is that affected if I fail Polygraph? (Read 15014 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ren

Have TS-SCI, is that affected if I fail Polygraph?
Jun 1st, 2008 at 2:25am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have a TS-SCI from when I was in the military, I know work for a defense contractor and some people in my new job get a CIA level security clearance.  My question is if I went up for the security clearance and failed would it affect my TS-SCI clearance?  Also the people I have talked to about it haven't really talked about having to take a Poly or anything, is it required if you already have a TS-SCI?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Have TS-SCI, is that affected if I fail Polygraph?
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:46am
Failing a CIA polygraph has the potential to affect your current security clearance. The agency that granted your security clearance (presumably DoD) will at some point -- if not immediately, then at the latest when your security clearance comes up for periodic review -- be made aware of your polygraph results. A security-clearance holder who has failed a polygraph given by another agency will probably be questioned about it by background investigators, and might be asked to submit to a lie detector test administered by one of its own polygraph operators.

With regard to your second question, not all positions that require a TS/SCI level clearance require a polygraph examination. But it is commonly required for CIA contracts.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ethan
New User

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 3:36am
Hi George, 

back in 2002, I applied but was not successful in getting a job at the CIA.  I received a COE and took a polygraph.  I think i passed as i did not have the take a followup.   

Now i am currently employed by the DOD and have a secret clearance and am currently up for a ssbi for a ts upgrade.  Since 2002, i have had one periodic investigation done for my secret clearance, passed as my NAC check out fine.

my question is, when they conduct a NAC, do they check the the information I divulged during my CIA poly?  will the CIA share my charts with the OPM investigator?

thanks in advance

ethan

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:13am
Ethan,

I don't know the intricacies of how, under what circumstances, and to what extent the CIA shares applicant information with other federal agencies. But information sharing clearly takes place. Another participant on this forum has mentioned that the CIA disclosed his sexual history to another agency, despite assurances that all information provided in the polygraph suite would be kept confidential.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lethe
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 8:20pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:13am:
Another participant on this forum has mentioned that the CIA disclosed his sexual history to another agency, despite assurances that all information provided in the polygraph suite would be kept confidential.

Those bastards.  Don't believe their lies!

A polygrapher would lie to his own mother if he thought it'd impress his superiors, like they're gonna waste two seconds worrying about lying to you and screwing you over?  Not likely.  These people have convinced themselves that they are society's savior and without them evil will run rampant throughout the world.  You can justify anything once you've programmed yourself with a belief like that.

Is former APA President Skip Webb evil or just stupid?

Is former APA President Ed Gelb an idiot or does the polygraph just not work?

Did you know that polygrapher Sackett doesn't care about detecting deception to relevant questions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box applicant2010
New User

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 2:35am
hey everyone, i'm just curious what a failed DoD poly will mean for my TS-SCI clearance that I currently hold in my current position?  I work for another agency that does not conduct poly examinations.  does anyone know if they actively "reach out" to the home agency to screw over the employee?  Alternatively, obviously that precludes you from getting a future job with an agency that requires a poly, but what about other agencies?  Those that require S or TS clearances, but do not do polys.   Would this have to be asked on the SF-86?  Do agencies that don't deal in polys even ask about such things?

IP Logged

Have TS-SCI, is that affected if I fail Polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X