Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Inappropriate behaviour during poly (Read 15176 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Re: Inappropriate behaviour during poly
Reply #30 - May 17th, 2008 at 5:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
2block,

I understand your point and (I believe your meaning); however, let me explain how this can happen.

Let's say Mr Smith is charged with Open and Gross Lewdness for masturbating in public.  In court, his attorney pleas a deal to disorderly conduct but the prosecutor wants sex offender conditions and upon completion of therapy and probation, all charges dropped.  Mr Smith accepts.  Now he is convicted for D/C and is a convicted sex offender.  This is how it sometimes happens.

Sackett

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #31 - May 17th, 2008 at 3:06pm
sackett

I agree with your scenario. (I don't like this. I'm agreeing with you too much lately) This has happened in the past and will happen in the future. However, in the case of this string, there has been no mention of a plea deal that I remember. Based on what I've read I'll have to stand by my advise. Get a lawyer. Over time it wouldn't cost any more than possible illegal treatment costs.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #32 - May 17th, 2008 at 10:43pm
2block,

I don't diagree with obtaining an attorney to find out what's what.  I did note that cat states her friend was "not convicted of a sexual offense."  This leaves the door open for many interpretations.

If, for example, sex offender conditions apply, then court action is the only way to remove it.  A parole officer (usually) only acts within their authority; not because a therapist thinks it's a good idea...

Sackett

P.S.  Regarding you agreeing with me.  Could it be, dare I say, YOU are the one coming around?  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #33 - May 18th, 2008 at 6:25am
sackett

Again I'll agree that most parole officers act within their authority (that authority stands only within the court order) but, the fact remains that there are rogue PO's just like there are rogue cops. These rogues should be removed along with those who practice the "code of silence". Hell, that could wipe out half of the department. Probably more.

If cat would furnish us more information the advise could be stronger or go away altogether. If cat's friend copped a plea and the sentence included SO treatment and the treatment didn't happen in prison, then a lawyer would be a waste of money.

As for me coming around - NAH. When facts are presented to me and I know they are undisputable, I will offer no argument. I'm not a total hardass. However, I have won inter-college debates when the undisputable facts were against me and my opposition was pre-law. I was taking acting classes at the time. Ronny (may he RIP) proved that actors can beat lawyers. So be careful what you throw at me.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #34 - May 19th, 2008 at 12:39am
Dang 2block,

there you go again; agreeing with me.

I invite Cat to post ALL information concerning this issue, if in fact she/he wants accurate information and feedback concerning the issue.

Sackett

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Inappropriate behaviour during poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X