Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BEST WAY TO PASS THE TEST (Read 31249 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: BEST WAY TO PASS THE TEST
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 5:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
sackett wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 4:53pm:
Not dissimilar to the addage that, if you don't believe in God, you better be right...

If you don't belive in polygraph (and take one) you better be truthful, else you be judged a liar!

See!  It all works out in the end...

Sackett

When I took my polygraphs I believed in their accuracy, and I told the truth, and I was judged a liar.

I don't see how that all worked out in the end...

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:00am
Quote:
When I took my polygraphs I believed in their accuracy, and I told the truth, and I was judged a liar.

Sarge,

You mean you THOUGHT you told the truth.   

But the machine must have proved you wrong.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:26pm
Mr Cullen, et al,

it always amazes me how I can say one thing and you poor misguided souls can turn it into something else completely.

Cullen wrote:  "You know as well as I do that the purpose of a preemployment/periodic polygraph is to "fluster" the testee, and see what you can get out of him."

First off, do not ever think or presume to think you know what I know.  You have no clue as to who I am (other than a mean spirited examiner) or what I know.  The purpose of the pre-employment is to collect the information needed for consideration for employment and test the veracity of what is reported.  Nothing more.

Also, being considered "self-serving" by the likes of you is a compliment, given your propensity for the very same thing demonstrated daily on this board...

lethe said, " Sackett admits that he doesn't care if he fails people who answer the relevant questions with 100% honesty.  He doesn't care if he screws up someone's life.  He's already got his."

Nope!  Once again, your skewed view of the polygraph world results in (probable and purposeful) misinterpretation of statements.  Re-read the portion of the quote YOU saved in your posting.  Sheesh, this is really getting old and repetitive...

lethe, you also said, "Think about that.  They don't get paid to find out who doesn't like the polygraph; they're not hired to find out who has done research on the polygraph; they don't get paid to see who has "ever told a lie even once ever".  However, they take great pride in doing all of those things.  They appear much less concerned about finding out who is lying on the relevant questions, which was initially their sole purpose for existing. "

How absolutely disingenuous. I never said that but will address it.  No,. I don't care if "you" like the polygraph, nor done any research on the polygraph, that is your poor interpretation, once again.  It IS my job to find out what my dept wants to know about an examinee then test him on the truthfulness of their statement; nothing more.

Also, "Now they just exist to exist and suck money and resources out of society while defending themselves."

I'm defending my organization and community.  Who else will protect the society, you?!  I don't think so.  

Sackett 

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #18 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 6:42pm
Relax Sackett, your job is safe, that's the main thing!

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lethe
Very Senior User

Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 4:45am
sackett wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:26pm:

lethe, you also said, "Think about that.  They don't get paid to find out who doesn't like the polygraph; they're not hired to find out who has done research on the polygraph; they don't get paid to see who has "ever told a lie even once ever".  However, they take great pride in doing all of those things.  They appear much less concerned about finding out who is lying on the relevant questions, which was initially their sole purpose for existing. "

How absolutely disingenuous. I never said that but will address it.  No,. I don't care if "you" like the polygraph, nor done any research on the polygraph, that is your poor interpretation, once again.  It IS my job to find out what my dept wants to know about an examinee then test him on the truthfulness of their statement; nothing more.

If a person answers the relevant questions truthfully but is failed on account of his or her polygraph results then you have failed.  Period. 
Yet you make a joke out of it--out of other people's ruined lives.  I'd be a rich man if I had a dollar for every one of you virus particles that expressed his joy--joy!--at failing people who use countermeasures when most of those people were truthful on the relevant questions and  acting to preserve some chance of passing.  Their failure to pass represents a failure of the polygraph system.  But you count those as successes, don' t you?  But, that's okay, you don't have to think about it; you're making a killing.

sackett wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:26pm:

I'm defending my organization and community.  Who else will protect the society, you?!  I don't think so. 

You're protecting yourself, nothing more.  I don't want the polygraph to be used to screen for pre-employment purposes; it does far more harm than good in that capacity; society should be liberated from the likes of you.   

Of course, no polygrapher is willing to have a real discussion in which the costs and benefits of the polygraph are weighed, so that's that.

Incidentally, do you purposefully keep your children stupid, Sackett, so that you can more easily detect their lies?  If you are consistent (keeping members of society stupid so they can more easily be polygraphed) you should do so.

Is former APA President Skip Webb evil or just stupid?

Is former APA President Ed Gelb an idiot or does the polygraph just not work?

Did you know that polygrapher Sackett doesn't care about detecting deception to relevant questions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SlimShady13

Reply #20 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:01pm
I have a relative who works for the NSA.  He told me has to pass a polygraph every 5 years.  He says that you can't use any tricks to fool the poly.  They'll figure it out.  Just act like you would every day and be honest.  Tell them every dirty little secret you have stored up in your head so you can make it less unnerving.  For example, if they ask you about whether you ever robbed a bank, you might think of the dollar you stole from your mom's purse as a kid.  You'll feel bad about the dollar and it will show up on the polygraph.  So, you have to tell them about it to get it off your chest so they can ask you a question like "Besides that dollar, have you ever stolen..."  The main reason people don't pass is because they don't open up to small things like that.  He says that nobody's a saint in the NSA and they have all done something they aren't proud of.  They don't care about those small things.  They want to catch the real bad guys.  As long as you haven't done anything bad while you were drunk before to get you into trouble, blown up a plane, killed somebody, or robbed a bank, you will be just fine telling them what is bothering you.  The main point:  Don't do anything seriously bad that you will feel guilty about or don't even try to take the polygraph.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #21 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:20pm
SlimShady13,

I thought the same thing prior to my polygraph at the NSA in March 2000.  I failed anyway.

If the polygraph really detected deception, then a person answering the simple yes/no question truthfully would not  have to "get every  little thing off their chest" to stop the machine from reacting.  Of course, that is exactly the purpose of the test.  To TRICK the person into talking their head off.  The examiners job is to see what he/she can "get out" of the person.  Not to test for truthfulness.  It's a pretty neat trick.

Problem is, you can "get everything off your chest" and still have a "reaction" show up on the machine.  The mere fact that they are focusing in on A PARTICULAR question, and falsely claiming you are being "deceptive", is reason enough for your autonomic nervous system to react when that question is asked during the test.

And just because they precede the question with "besides what you have already told me...." will not necessarily cause your subconscious (which controls ANS reactions) to stop reacting.  It knows that it is just a permutation of that same original question (the one they are falsely claiming you are lying about).  That is enough to put ones ANS "on the defensive".

And if you continue to "react" they will continue to prod until you finally say something they can use to justify the chart "reaction", and then fail you.  It is like any INTERROGATION.  They will just try to wear you out until they get you to say something they want to hear.

TC

« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:42pm by T.M. Cullen »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #22 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:09pm
All I know is when I failed mine. I was truthfull though I did feel my reaction to the relevant questions. I can only assume that it was becasue I knew that those testing me felt I was guilty. I don't know that this is the reason for sure but I do know that I was compltetly truthfull in my answers and failed.
No explaination from the nazis here but to say I must have been withholding something or a variable must have been off or simply I was infact lying. 
The fact is that you cannot con us ( those who have direct proff of the scam) and so you come here daily to "try" to discount or otherwise nulify our experinces and proof. This way if your succesful you get to continue your con job.
WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD EXAMINERS BE ON AN ANTI WEB SITE DAILY THAT THEY CLAIM IS DOING NOTHING TO THE INDUSTRY AND IS FULL OF "MISGUIDED" IDIOTS ??
Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #23 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:04am
Quote:
I have a relative who works for the NSA.  He told me has to pass a polygraph every 5 years.  He says that you can't use any tricks to fool the poly.  They'll figure it out.  Just act like you would every day and be honest.  Tell them every dirty little secret you have stored up in your head so you can make it less unnerving.  For example, if they ask you about whether you ever robbed a bank, you might think of the dollar you stole from your mom's purse as a kid.  You'll feel bad about the dollar and it will show up on the polygraph.  So, you have to tell them about it to get it off your chest so they can ask you a question like "Besides that dollar, have you ever stolen..."  The main reason people don't pass is because they don't open up to small things like that.  He says that nobody's a saint in the NSA and they have all done something they aren't proud of.  They don't care about those small things.  They want to catch the real bad guys.  As long as you haven't done anything bad while you were drunk before to get you into trouble, blown up a plane, killed somebody, or robbed a bank, you will be just fine telling them what is bothering you.  The main point:  Don't do anything seriously bad that you will feel guilty about or don't even try to take the polygraph.

If that is all that is necessary to pass I would have passed all four of my polygraphs.

Instead, even though I told the truth and "got everything off my chest", I failed the first three and passed the fourth.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yankeedog
Senior User

Reply #24 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:19am
notguilty1 wrote on Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:09pm:
No explaination from the nazis here but to say I must have been withholding something or a variable must have been off or simply I was infact lying.

Or, you “could” have been a false positive.  It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.  Just like there are occasions when innocent people are convicted of a crime and sent to prison.  But we don’t just scrap the whole judicial process, although I think it needs a great deal of overhauling.  I once sought employment with the FBI, but was "not within acceptable parameters." So what!  I moved on and finished a career with the federal government and then went elsewhere to work.  Looking back, I'm content I was not accepted by the FBI as I am not overly impressed with their charter.  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 3:42am
yankeedog wrote on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:19am:
Or, you “could” have been a false positive.  It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.

The best field studies of polygraphy suggest that a truthful person may have roughly a 50-50 chance of passing a polygraph "test." See Dr. Alan Zelicoff's "Positive and Negative Predictive Values of Polygraphs: Results from published 'field' studies":

https://antipolygraph.org/articles/article-051.pdf

and also Dr. Michael Langan's "The Art of Deception: Polygraph Lie Detection":

https://antipolygraph.org/articles/article-053.shtml

Langan notes that "if a medical test had a similar sensitivity and specificity to that of the polygraph examination it would simply not be used in the field of medicine." And Zelicoff has elsewhere observed, "If we had medical tests that had the same failure rate as a polygraph, then physicians that use those tests would be convicted of malpractice."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:47pm
Quote:
Langan notes that "if a medical test had a similar sensitivity and specificity to that of the polygraph examination it would simply not be used in the field of medicine." And Zelicoff has elsewhere observed, "If we had medical tests that had the same failure rate as a polygraph, then physicians that use those tests would be convicted of malpractice."

What does Langan know!  Did he attend the 14 week polygraph course?  Does he have any experience in the industry?  Has he ever been a practicing polygrapher?

I didn't think so!

Frankly, I am highly suspect of any so-called "study" coming from outside polygraphic circles.  It lacks credibility!

For example.  Would you put much faith in a medical study done by someone other than a medical professional?  I think not!

TC

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polytechnic
New User

Reply #27 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:59pm
Hi TC,

Whats your point here ?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polytechnic
New User

Reply #28 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:06pm
yankeedog wrote on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:19am:

"...  I once sought employment with the FBI, but was "not within acceptable parameters." So what!  I moved on and .......and ultimately became a polygraph examiner

I understand why you could be so bitter. Thats quite a 'come-down'.
You should rather have tried applying for a burger flipping job. It comes with tips and smiling, grateful clients.

Blessings....

IP Logged

BEST WAY TO PASS THE TEST

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X