Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FBI Rejection Letter (Read 76205 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Re: FBI Rejection Letter
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 2:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dear Goofbal,

Write a certified return receipt letter to the address of the "not acceptable parameters" letter.  At this point, you should request another examination if you wish to pursue the job. Even if you are not interested, you should make a point to contest the results and write your congressman about it.  These actions will most likely have no effect on getting a job with the FBI but will help in getting a clearance in another agency when they question your FBI application.

The FBI finds it fully acceptable to have a failure ratio of two applicants out of three with the polygraph pre-screening process.  They have offered almost 1,200 conditional letters of employment to college grads or grads to be IAs with the end results of trying to get about 400 or so on-board.

Yes, the craziness and complete faith in the FBI for polygraph pre-screening continues.  Two security clearances are destroyed for every one applicant that passes.  Those who are cited as "not being within acceptable parameters" are kept from jobs that require "polyraph" related security clearances.  American justice at its best.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box goofbal
New User

Reply #16 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:06pm
Hello Fair Chance,
I will defintely be writing an appeal letter.  However my question becomes the following:  If I was processed out of two different states for the FBI, which Congressman would I write?  Would it be the congressman in the state where I failed the polygraph or in the state I resided in the longest?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 1:09pm
Where you vote.

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wowitsover

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:29pm
I got the same letter and called my applicant coordinator about the letter. She told me I have been deemed deceptive on my second polygraph. She also explained the new wording on their ding letter was meant to reduce the number of people requesting poly retests. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box waiting

Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 8:53pm
has anyone gotten the final word on this? i have the same letter and I am waiting for my privacy act to come back, but I am very confused about the wording.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Invisible

Reply #20 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:22am
Sounds to me like you didn't get the job because they found someone else that was either more qualified or that made a better impression on them or both.

Think about it; you're competing against many highly qualified applicants for a position that's in very high demand.

The FBI isn't the only gig in town you know. Besides, they didn't say that you couldn't ever apply again or that you were disqualified.

I know it must be disappointing but, don't you have a backup plan? What good fed doesn't have a good backup plan? 

Think your way through it and try something else or try again later.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #21 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 4:37am
Quote:
Sounds to me like you didn't get the job because they found someone else that was either more qualified or that made a better impression on them or both.

Sounds to me like you didn't read the rejection letter he posted.

It specifically stated that passing the polygraph was a requirement and that he did not pass it, therefore did not get the job.

He could have been the most qualified candidate of the past decade and be the reincarnation of J. Edgar (girdle and all) , but unless his polygraph was "within acceptable parameters", he would not have been hired. 

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NachoCheese

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:27pm
I too have received the dreaded thin letter  Suitability denial based on personal conduct.  I'm still awaiting my FOIA request so I can get all the details.  I actually passed the poly and my BI started, but I don't think it finished.  There is something the FBI found out during the BI that drew attention. My position was the Special Agent (SA) position.  Is there a way I can appeal a suitability denail?  Am I allowed to reapply to be an SA in the future?   Stupid FBI.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NachoCheese

Reply #23 - May 15th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Does anyone know if my FBI rejection, or the fact that I filed an FOIA request and plan to appeal, will affect me getting a job at other government agencies?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #24 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:00pm
devastated2today wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 3:44am:
I applied and was granted a conditional job offer with the FBI as an intelligence analyst. I moved through the entire process without any problems. However, on April 15 2008, the FBI sent me notification that it was rescinding the offer. Here is the contents of the letter: 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to advise you of the status of your application for a position with the FBI. 

Your application was reviewed along with those of other applicants. I regret to inform you that after careful consideration of the requirements for FBI employment, you were not selected. As a result, we must rescind our Conditional Job Offer. In making this decision, we conducted an objective assessment of the information available to us and the needs of our organization. The choice between the many qualified candidates is a difficult one, and I regret that we are unable to offer you a more favorable decision. 

Our action to rescind your Conditional Job Offer does not consitute a security denial. On future security applications and forms you may affirm, insofar as it relates to this section, you were not denied a security clearance. 

Thank you for your interest in the FBI. We wish you well in your future endeavors. [/size][/i]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the FBI provided no reason for rescinding my application. It alludes to the fact that I wasn't selected out of many applications, but this step was conducted at the beginning of the process. As a result of my selection, I only needed to pass the latter stages which include polygraph test, drug test, and background investigation. 

What do you guys think?

It suspiciously resembles one of the boilerplate rejection letters that the CIA uses! Sad

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #25 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Quote:
I too have received the dreaded thin letter  Suitability denial based on personal conduct.  I'm still awaiting my FOIA request so I can get all the details.  I actually passed the poly and my BI started, but I don't think it finished.  There is something the FBI found out during the BI that drew attention. My position was the Special Agent (SA) position.  Is there a way I can appeal a suitability denail?  Am I allowed to reapply to be an SA in the future?   Stupid FBI.

Not unlike my experience with the stupid CIA! Angry

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:03pm
Quote:

Think about it; you're competing against many highly qualified applicants for a position that's in very high demand.

The FBI isn't the only gig in town you know. Besides, they didn't say that you couldn't ever apply again or that you were disqualified.

I know it must be disappointing but, don't you have a backup plan? What good fed doesn't have a good backup plan? 

Think your way through it and try something else or try again later.

Good luck.

That's one lesson I finally learned, the hard way! Angry

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stefan Kulpinac

Reply #27 - May 1st, 2016 at 10:38pm
God your in such an idiot

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stefan Kulpinac

Reply #28 - May 1st, 2016 at 10:40pm
I'm agent251 BIA

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #29 - May 6th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Quote:
I'm agent251 BIA

Bureau of Indian Affairs?    Smiley

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
FBI Rejection Letter

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X