Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) RCMP polygraph... wow you were right. (Read 112159 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: RCMP polygraph... wow you were right.
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 2:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
To be honest that is pretty much how the polygraph examiner talked to me. Very rude, he had a high and mighty attitude and said all the negative things written about the polygraph were bullshit...

Sounds like some of the polygraphers on this board.  And when you catch them at their own game, they talk in circles and squeak like mice.   
And they are not dumb.  They know perfectly well the game they are playing.   

And they probably have numerous rationalizations to justify it.  Just like the judges at the "salem witch trials".   

"We are doing God's work!"
"We had to expunge the devil they held within!"
"Tolerate the demon, spoil the soul!  More rocks lads!"
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2008 at 2:47am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 4:14am
T.M. Cullen wrote on Feb 19th, 2008 at 2:21am:
Sackett,

Have you ever "suckered" a test subject into making some minor admission so you could blow it all out of proportion to justify a "reaction" on your ouija board machine?

Your pattern of posting indicates that you have.  In additon, the pattern of bird droppings in my office parking lot show you are being deceptive.

So "come clean" and admit it.! 

Does it bother you that you may be victimizing innocent people in that way, while  the guilty go free?

Shame on you!

"Not everyone who reads this is focused enough to research the posting line to see that you were writing something as me, AS IF you could...  "

How does it feel to have you're reputation smeared unfairly, like polygraphers do on a regular basis.

My gosh, you guys squeal like "stuck pigs", when you get your own medicine!

Well said Larry!
I still don't understand why people in the "business" care to come on here. If this site was not a threat to thier scam they would just let the science prove itself making us what they want to believe we are " a bunch a liars that need to hang on each other for strength"
I was told by my poligrapher that getting info on poly's before the test probably hurt me!!! WHAT??  BTW, I didn't read anything about counter mesures, I didn't think I would need them.
If the test is supposed to be vurtually unbeatable as they say how the hell can getting some info on what the test is possibly affect the results??

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 8:39am
If the test is supposed to be vurtually unbeatable as they say how the hell can getting some info on what the test is possibly affect the results??

Because getting information means uncovering the scam.

That doesn't mean, however, that you should be confrontational when tested.  Actually, you should play along.

IOW, rather than say:  "Bullshit!  I'm telling the truth, I don't care what your $%^^#ing machine says!"

It would be better to remain polite, and just exhibit surprise.  Maintain that you have absolutely no idea why you are "reacting" to the question.  Just don't let them con you into believing you could somehow be lying, and not know it.

It reminds me of the old Apache Lie-detection test.  They would heat up a knife and place it on some poor bastard's tongue.  If the knife stuck, he was assumed to be lying, if not, he was being truthful.

But all that proved was that if the knife stuck, it was because his mouth was dry from nervousness!  But why would he be nervous IF HE WAS NOT LYING?  How about because some dang injun was about to put a red hot knife on his tongue!!   

In the case of a pre-employment poly, one explanation could be:  "SHIT!  I need this job, this is the job of my dream.  But he says I'm lying.  Oh dear, and they say this thing is fool proof!  What am I gonna do?  I WANT THIS JOB!"

But NOOOOO!  Mr. "Edgar Cayce" Sackett knows all.  He KNOOOOOOWS if you are "withholding information".   So he says!

And if the NAS says otherwise, then they are just BIASED!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 2:34am
T.M. Cullen wrote on Feb 19th, 2008 at 2:21am:
Sackett,

Have you ever "suckered" a test subject into making some minor admission so you could blow it all out of proportion to justify a "reaction" on your ouija board machine?

No.  I go after explanations for the reactions.  Sometimes, they are simple ommissions in which the examinee thought was unimportant and were not discussed before the test.  Then, after spending my time to clear it up, retested, cleared up the issue with the subject who then passed.  Other times they are actually lies (yes, some people actually lie to me.. imagine that!?), then resolve the issue.  Good lord, imagine that?!!  An examiner who actually wants to seek the truth.  Truly, a concept you can not grasp.

Your pattern of posting indicates that you have.  In additon, the pattern of bird droppings in my office parking lot show you are being deceptive.

Well, I will admit, you WOULD know the difference...

So "come clean" and admit it.! 

Does it bother you that you may be victimizing innocent people in that way, while  the guilty go free?

Nope!

Shame on you!

You are right...  Please send Pamela Anderson to come punish me.  I have been a baaaaaad boy!

"Not everyone who reads this is focused enough to research the posting line to see that you were writing something as me, AS IF you could...  "

How does it feel to have you're reputation smeared unfairly, like polygraphers do on a regular basis.

This is what I find to be the most absurd assertion.  That you, a fanatical anti-polygraph poster could "smear" MY reputation. Roll Eyes  You go boy, keep trying...

My gosh, you guys squeal like "stuck pigs", when you get your own medicine!

You have served nothing here but whiny ass opinions.  This, without substance and tainted with nothing more than ranting and raving of what would apear to be fanatical and misdirected diatribe. You hardly cause any more than a desire by me to make you look.... well, I don't wish to get that personal...  

Sackett

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #19 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:27am
This is what I find to be the most absurd assertion.  That you, a fanatical anti-polygraph poster could "smear" MY reputation. Roll Eyes  You go boy, keep trying... 

That is really ironic.  A polygrapher complaining about having his reputation unjustly "smeared".   

Sometimes, they are simple ommissions in which the examinee thought was unimportant and were not discussed before the test.  Then, after spending my time to clear it up, retested, cleared up the issue with the subject who then passed.....

So what happens when you get a PERSISTENT "response" on a relevant question, and after repeated follow-up (which for some "false positives" can go on for days), the person will not produce an "omission" or "admission"?  Do they get an "inconclusive"?

And since, scientifically, a "response" does not necessarily equal a "lie" or a "withholding of info", how is this any different from any interrogation in which the interrogator, after hours of badgering, can't get the subject to "crack".

IOW, you SUSPECT the guy is lying, but can't prove it.  Maybe this is why our beloved polygraph test is NOT ADMISSIBLE in court.

In a previous post (forget what thread) you claimed you KNOW when a person is withholding information.  How?

Suspecting and KNOWING are two different things.   

As for the my claim that you are being "deceptive".  I just couldn't resist giving a polygrapher his own medicine (i.e. accusing somebody of deception without any proof).  Doesn't feel very good, does it? 

You have served nothing here but whiny ass opinions.

Is the NAS report a "whinny ass opinion"?

Can you really be unbiased considering the fact that you work as a polygrapher?  It would be understandable if you can't.

Admittedly, one could equally question my bias as a "false positive".

So let's stick with the research.  You've pooh poohed the NAS report. 
So what academic research is there (not published by the polygraph industry), to substantiate the validity of your test?

If it's so reliable, why is it not admissible in court?  And in that case, we are talking about LE polygraphs where there an actual crime has been committed versus a preemployment witch hunt screening.

Simple questions.

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2008 at 8:10am by T.M. Cullen »  

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 2:24pm
Larry,

I have addressed or answered everything you have put to me, with exception of admissability in court. Therefore, I present the following:

You are severely mistaken in your presumption of information.  In many jurisdicitons, polygraph IS admissable in court.  Certain factors have to be met, of course, but certainly polygraph is admissable.  I have in fact testified at many trials and boards regarding polygraph and/or the results.   

Further, regarding sex offenders, MANY judicial orders include periodic polygraph examination as a maintenance program requirement.  Not admissable?  Not judicially noted?  Then why are judges increasingly utilizing polygraph for that particular purpose?

On a personal note, polygraph is an investigative tool.  I never said it was the be all or end all of fact finding.  Personally, I do not believe in the (blind) admissability of polygraph evidence.  The reason is simple.  Some examiners do not perform in the manner in which they were taught.  Many have in fact been at it so long, they think they know better than the training. Some were never trained appropriately.  Some are not given all information for consideration of test developement and run improper testing.  Some are simply unethical and would certainly fit the mold you are trying to cast all examiners in to.

Furthermore, and maybe more importantly...  If polygraph were to be blindly admiitted into courts, then what would be the need of the jury system?  The constitution (of the U.S.) provides that right and it would be usurped through the blind application and admissabilty of polygraph. 

So as you can see Larry, once again you are incorrect in your presentation of misinformation.  A common theme, I think...

Sackett

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 6:41pm
I have addressed or answered everything you have put to me

You haven't answered how it is that the polygraph allows you TO KNOW whether somebody is "withholding information".

You also never answered the question regarding cases in which a person is persistently showing a an unacceptable "response" to a relevant question, yet will not produce an admission to account for it.  Presumably, because untruthfulness is only one possiblity for such a response (versus anger, fear, embarassment...etc.)

On a personal note, polygraph is an investigative tool.  I never said it was the be all or end all of fact finding. 

Again, then why did you claim you KNOW when somebody is withholding information?

In many jurisdicitons, polygraph IS admissable in court.  Further, regarding sex offenders, MANY judicial orders include periodic polygraph examination as a maintenance program requirement.  Not admissable?  Not judicially noted?

In MOST juristictions it is not allowed.  In the case of sex offenders, you are talking about "post-conviction supervision".. IOW, the guy has already been found GUILTY.  The polygraph was not used to FIND GUILT.

So as you can see Larry, once again you are incorrect in your presentation of misinformation.  A common theme, I think...

Wikipedia states my position precisely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph

There is little scientific evidence to support the reliability of polygraphs. Despite claims of 90% - 95% reliability, critics charge that rather than a "test", the method amounts to an inherently unstandardizable interrogation technique whose accuracy cannot be established.

Personally, I do not believe in the (blind) admissability of polygraph evidence.  The reason is simple.  Some examiners do not perform in the manner in which they were taught.

Then do you believe it should be used to be blindly used to eliminate a candidate for employment, and smear their reputation?

Most of the polygraphers on this board seem to think we're just a bunch of "cry babies".

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 6:53pm
I have addressed or answered everything you have put to me

You haven't answered how it is that the polygraph allows you TO KNOW whether somebody is "withholding information".

You also never answered the question regarding cases in which a person is persistently showing a an unacceptable "response" to a relevant question, yet will not produce an admission to account for it.  Presumably, because untruthfulness is only one possiblity for such a response (versus anger, fear, embarassment...etc.)

On a personal note, polygraph is an investigative tool.  I never said it was the be all or end all of fact finding. 

Again, then why did you claim you KNOW when somebody is withholding information?

In many jurisdicitons, polygraph IS admissable in court.  Further, regarding sex offenders, MANY judicial orders include periodic polygraph examination as a maintenance program requirement.  Not admissable?  Not judicially noted?

In MOST juristictions it is not allowed.  In the case of sex offenders, you are talking about "post-conviction supervision".. IOW, the guy has already been found GUILTY.  The polygraph was not used to FIND GUILT.

Wikipedia states my position precisely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph

There is little scientific evidence to support the reliability of polygraphs. Despite claims of 90% - 95% reliability, critics charge that rather than a "test", the method amounts to an inherently unstandardizable interrogation technique whose accuracy cannot be established.

Personally, I do not believe in the (blind) admissability of polygraph evidence.  The reason is simple.  Some examiners do not perform in the manner in which they were taught.

Then do you believe it should be used blindly to eliminate a candidate for employment, and smear their reputation?

Most of the polygraphers on this board seem to think we're just a bunch of "cry babies".  And you claimed that false positives really don't happen that often, yet the NAS report stated that for every "bad guy" failing a test, there is likey to be hundreds if not thousands of innocent people falsely accused.

Is the NAS presenting misinformation?   

I, like most of the public and "crybabies" on thise board, I used to believe in the reliability of the test.  It's only after we actually FAIL THE TEST DESPITE BEING TRUTHFUL, and have our reputation smeared, do we start to question the reliability of the test.  Then people start reading the literature, and their suspicion of the test are confirmed.

In fact, that is why our Canadian friend (remember him?) started this thread!

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #23 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 12:46am
Larry, Larry, Larry,

I have in-deed answered, just not to your satisfaction.   

Of course, based on your fanatical, skewed and venemous attacks and responses to me; your satisfaction can never be met.. Sad Embarrassed Cry Cry Cry

Please, have the last word...as I believe this thread has run its course.

Sackett

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 2:58am
"I have in-deed answered (your questions), just not to your satisfaction. "

If only more people would say that to their polygrapher!

« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2008 at 4:38am by T.M. Cullen »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LALE
New User

Reply #25 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 3:31pm
Mr Sackett could open a college for Spin-Doctors.
His posts reek of narcissism - an egomaniac delux.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nomegusto
Senior User

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 1:51pm
But he thoroughly checked his resources through the reliable website known a wikepedia...
Larry I'm guessing is not Law Enforcement, has never interviewed anyone, and obviously thinks a polygrapher is reading the charts to determine deception. Oh well. 
Sackett
You brought up great points.  Grin

semper paratus

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #27 - Feb 27th, 2008 at 4:12am
But he thoroughly checked his resources through the reliable website known a wikepedia...

I've cited the NAS report repeatedly.

Guess I better stop confusing you guys with facts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #28 - Feb 27th, 2008 at 4:12pm
T.M. Cullen wrote on Feb 27th, 2008 at 4:12am:

I've cited the NAS report repeatedly.

Guess I better stop confusing you guys with facts.

Larry, You cannot expect these guys to be impressed by FACTS if they did they would not have a job to go to!!

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #29 - Feb 27th, 2008 at 6:44pm
Larry, You cannot expect these guys to be impressed by FACTS if they did they would not have a job to go to!!

All they are good for is the occasional "cat call" from the "peanut gallery".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
RCMP polygraph... wow you were right.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X