Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Calling all polygraphers (Read 26388 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: Calling all polygraphers
Reply #60 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Again Nopoly the only response I have for you is ...

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #61 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:35pm
Chrismcphee33   Your assumption that I am a polygrapher is based on what?

And I can't understand your support of Nopoly when he probably survived 30 years active duty puttiing the arm on merchants for freebies and cop discounts while radioing HQ that he was out of position to respond to anything dangerous and perjuring himself in court while padding his expenses or siphoning gas out of his agency car for his kids go-cart. Of course that's not an accusation, thats just an opinion isn't it?

Hey Mr. Maschke   You decide  Unsupported accusation or Statement of opinion?

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #62 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:54pm
Twoblock wrote on Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:04pm:
nopoly4me

WOW!!!

Many thanks for putting your life on the line for so many years in these dangerous times.

Good job

Thank-you Twoblock for your kind words.  I will be the first to admit though, that my carreer hasn't been all that action packed, but there are a few times where the pucker factor was pretty high.

I frankly only brought up this aspect of my personal life to counter Sancho's holier than thou attitude.  No cop has a corner on the integrity and honestly department.   

What I find incomprehensible is the willingness to brand innocent applicants as liars, and denying them the opporunity to serve their community based on an arbitrary and capricious test such as the poly.  It is no wonder that jobs go wanting for lack of applicants.  When I started, there were a hundred applicants for every open job.  The reverse is now true, and I believe the polygraph is responsible for a large part of that.

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #63 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:56pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:35pm:
Chrismcphee33   Your assumption that I am a polygrapher is based on what?

And I can't understand your support of Nopoly when he probably survived 30 years active duty puttiing the arm on merchants for freebies and cop discounts while radioing HQ that he was out of position to respond to anything dangerous and perjuring himself in court while padding his expenses or siphoning gas out of his agency car for his kids go-cart. Of course that's not an accusation, thats just an opinion isn't it?

Hey Mr. Maschke   You decide  Unsupported accusation or Statement of opinion?

Sancho Panza

Actually your opinion is ill-concieved and inaccurate, but I will admit to a free cup of coffee now and then back in the day when that was not considered a gratuity.   Kiss

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Donna.Taylor
User

Reply #64 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:57pm
chrismcphee33 wrote on Jan 9th, 2008 at 4:43pm:
In my limited experience posting on this site, it has already become obvious that polygraphers like SanchoPanza tend to make general sweeping statements about morality instead of answering questions. While they are writing these long drawn out responses, which include YELLING and exclaiming! they don't seem to realize that their avoidance of the actual questions is the most telling thing of all about their own understanding of the validity of the polygraph interrogation process.

Chris McPhee, as you now know I am retired LEO and a Polygraph Examiner for the past 7 years.  It amazes me that other supposed LEOs posting on this site can’t see through the BS you spout.  You came to this site to find out how to avoid a sexual area on an upcoming polygraph.  Now you state you are going to tell the truth but still employ CM’s to assure you pass the Polygraph.  You act as if you now ‘know it all’ because you practiced with a BP cuff.  As I have stated previously, do what you plan to do; but, please return here after your polygraph and tell us all how you did.  It’s plain and simple.

Just remember what has been posted in the past. In a study that was published in 2007 (Dr. Honts & Wendy Alloway)….. The result-the book TLBTLD did not assist the guilty group to pass but did cause more of the innocent group to fail. This is completely opposite of what is stated at AP. Studying the countermeasures actually caused more innocents to fail without helping guilty to pass.  For more details check out:  Latest Study Indicates "Lie Behind the Lie Detector" Hurts Innocent, Doesn't Help Guilty    (posted under AP polygraph policy - 12/7/01)

As for nopoly4me, I also don’t care to engage in discussions with you as you just try to argue and bait.  Someone recently asked for stats on if there really is a 75% failure rate on pre-employment exams.  Yankeedog and I provided just the opposite and you tried to dissect that information.  I can see why Sancho ignores you.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #65 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 7:13pm
Donna.Taylor wrote on Jan 9th, 2008 at 6:57pm:

As for nopoly4me, I also don’t care to engage in discussions with you as you just try to argue and bait.  Someone recently asked for stats on if there really is a 75% failure rate on pre-employment exams.  Yankeedog and I provided just the opposite and you tried to dissect that information.  I can see why Sancho ignores you.

Well, wonders never end... Ms. Taylor the questions I ask which you and others refuse to answer are precisely the type of questions that, if left unanswered, exposes the polygraph for the sham that it is.  The fact that you do not know how many people you "pass" were using countermeasures, exposes the truth.  You don't know, and can't tell.

BTW, I have a lot of respect for polygraphers who choose to work with SO's on a daily basis, as the mere association leaves a stain that is difficult to wash out.  I also have no problem or issue using the poly for SO's, because they should be in prison anyway, IMO.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chrismcphee33
User

Reply #66 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 7:47pm
Quote:
It amazes me that other supposed LEOs posting on this site can’t see through the BS you spout.  You came to this site to find out how to avoid a sexual area on an upcoming polygraph.  Now you state you are going to tell the truth but still employ CM’s to assure you pass the Polygraph.

Surprise surprsie, a polygrapher making sweeping statements and trying to bait. For anyone who is interested in the post where my sexual activity is discussed in a little bit more detail, go here:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1197468793

Quote:
You act as if you now ‘know it all’ because you practiced with a BP cuff

I have an opinion after doing some research...so that makes me a know it all? If you and other polygrapher woudl answer direct questions, maybe I would get some actual information which opposes most of the views on this site....but time and time again polygraphers choose to avoid actually answering the tough questions. 

Quote:
please return here after your polygraph and tell us all how you did

I will be happy to. I might pass, I might fail, I might use cm's, I might be falsy accused of lying, I might be falsy accused of using cm's...who knows....but I will come back an let you know how I did. This is about the fifth time you said this over the past two weeks to me...I appreciate your genuine concern.  Wink

Ms. Taylor, do you find any part of the statement below as wild or unsubstantiated?

If a polygraph was actually capable of detecting lies, then a one question test would be valid, such as:  "Did you kill John Doe?"

A yes or no answer, and the poly is over, and spits out the results.  Instead, the examiner first attempts to convince the examinee that the machine is a "lie detector" then falsely "tests" the examinee in a stim test, then presumes that the examinee is telling little white lies during the test on the control questions, but those are not relevant, and then on the relevant questions, the whole truth (or deception) is revealed.  All of  which can be altered if the examinee squeezes his butt muscles, does math in his head, bites his tongue or steps on a tack.

All this is done under the justification that "Well, no test is perfect".  I submit a polygraph examination is not even a test, because there is no objective way to pass.  One must receive a favorable "opinion" that he or she is being truthful or deceptive.  One cannot "pass" an opinion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Calling all polygraphers

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X