Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed? (Read 8398 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box candy
New User

Re: for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed?
Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 1:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dear All,
I have taken the time to read months worth of postings.

The same 'facts' and hyperbole are repeated ad nauseam
by examiners and the Pro people.

The same rebuttals are posted by the Anti crowd, and vice versa
and so on and so on.

It's pretty much like two groups of boys standing on either side of a fence taunting each other.

One group includes a comedian (EJohnson); a guy that learned to talk by reading from a book on trig (Raymond Nelson / Sancho Panza) and another who thinks he read the trig book but is really full of bluff, a generous dose of narcissism and a wallop of impolite bitterness 
( Barry_C). They are backed up by occasional shouting from their mentors, Messrs Webb and Rovner.

On the other side, a disillusioned Sgt;  a man cloaked in the stars n stripes - but failed a few polygraph tests trying to get into the fbi;
Next to them - a motley crue of LE rejects, dope heads and sex fiends.
Occasionally a renowned psych shouts encouragement from behind a bush. One of their star players went into exile after posting a phony
software program on how to beat the polygraph.

An odd competition for sure.

Can we not just agree that polygraph exams are based on psychological intimidation and get over it ?

These guys - the examiners - attend a ten week course on how to intimidate weak minded people and suddenly think that they are some
sort of demigods. Just how busy are they work-wise if they have so much disposable time to visit here and argue like kids ?

'Fess up boys. Your party is over.

As an aside, Mr Mashke - please advise us what questions you failed in your fbi tests, purely for interest sake.

Candy A
Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 2:42pm
Quote:
It's pretty much like two groups of boys standing on either side of a fence taunting each other.

I love the analogy, but you are forgetting we do have female posters. Welcome to the fray.

Quote:
a guy that learned to talk by reading from a book on trig (Raymond Nelson / Sancho Panza

Nah. Ray is a dedicated, smart, funny, and yes....highly mathmatical statician. Much to learn from Ray. Sancho is a 30yr vet of law enforcement, and is uncharacteristically warm (for retired fuzz), compassionate, and of course, wise.

Quote:
and another who thinks he read the trig book but is really full of bluff, a generous dose of narcissism and a wallop of impolite bitterness 
( Barry_C).

Ouch! Now that was kinda mean. Raaaaare hisssss, kitty likes to scratch. Barry is a highly level headed, respected, wise intellect that wouldn't touch pseudoscience with a ten foot pole. This rings true for the others as well.
Quote:
Can we not just agree that polygraph exams are based on psychological intimidation and get over it ?

Wrong. Such a codification seems below someone of your seeming native intelligence (although I have to remind you that trigonometry has nothing to do with statistics and probabilities.) But you are funny and curious----a good combination to start. Your characteristic of Sarge might be OK, but I believe you are missing the "chronic victim" addition to the call. My 2 cents.
Quote:
Just how busy are they work-wise if they have so much disposable time to visit here and argue like kids ?

Well, Sancho is retired. I am taking a year off to be a stay at home dad to my 3 awesome boys ages 1,4, and 6. My 1 year old turned 1 today, and I will be baking a strawberry cake with choc. frosting----and I have to wrap some teething rings (boy do I). Ray is busy and posts when he can----busy trying to help other professionals protect kids. What do you do? Any Kids? Hobbies?

Quote:
'Fess up boys. Your party is over.

A memetic statement---catchy. But what do you mean? Tens of thousands of tests a year, and tens of.....well, tens of activists encouraging people to engage in countermeasures that obstruct justice, but also victimize the innocent user with unproven, theoretic countermeasures written by a man who never passed a polygraph---failing a national security test, who distributes the instructions on how to resist classic interrogation and inquiry* from a foreign country to enemies, while he is married to a Chinese national. He could be of pure intentions to be sure. But jeez what a troublesome author on the surface. I have some issues with polygraph testing from a purely Human Resources standpoint,but George ignored my advice on how to better approach and focus his efforts on the modality of applicant screening.

*Classic interrogation and inquiry. The very method which George Maschke distributed the official Department of Defense Playbook/ Interrogation Manual. I ponder whether it a coincidence that since George has streamlined the release of that DOD document, torture has replaced the legal and ethical interrogation methods with barbaric torture----methods George than criticises, despite his efforts to write a "survivors guide" to the classic interrogation. To sum----George is a distributer of interrogation resistance tips, and on the same website criticizes the technique of torture----all the while waving the Stars and Stripes. 

On an aside, I think torture is an abomination (as any good liberal should.)

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2008 at 3:43pm by EJohnson »  

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 3:15pm
candy wrote on Jan 9th, 2008 at 1:54pm:
As an aside, Mr Mashke - please advise us what questions you failed in your fbi tests, purely for interest sake.

Although my FBI polygrapher accused me of deception only with regard to the national security questions, my FBI file indicates that I failed all of the relevant questions. For more about my FBI polygraph experience, see my public statement, "Too Hot of a Potato: A Citizen-Soldier's Encounter With the Polygraph."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X