Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed? (Read 8395 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KOM
New User

for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed?
Dec 22nd, 2007 at 1:35am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
when you apply the countermeasures do you apply the tongue biting technique as he asks you the questions or do you wait til he asks the questions?  same with the controlled breathing?  also has anybody used the tongue biting method only and passed even tho they lied?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box WJ
User

Re: for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed?
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 12:06am
Don't do that technique.  They watch your face.  Just breath natural during relevant questions and use mental CMs and the pucker factor during control questions.

Counter-measures were easy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 2:55pm
To my knowledge, seat cushion countermeasure detectors are standard issue for ALL federal examiners. WJ claims to have used sphincter countermeasures on a Secret Service exam. Bullshit.

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

User

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:19pm
I did but you don't use your butt muscles.  Pucker using about 20% to 30%.  On the last round of questioning I did not use them just the mental counter-measures.  Also it was not the SS, that is the test I failed.  I took the test for another agency and passed after using CMs.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:55pm
EJohnson wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 2:55pm:
To my knowledge, seat cushion countermeasure detectors are standard issue for ALL federal examiners.

In spite of the claim that countermeasures don't work!!!   

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 4:49pm
WJ wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:19pm:
I did but you don't use your butt muscles.  Pucker using about 20% to 30%.  On the last round of questioning I did not use them just the mental counter-measures.  Also it was not the SS, that is the test I failed.  I took the test for another agency and passed after using CMs.  
 Roll Eyes

Exactly how much is 20% to 30% of your rectum. I mean, did your head still fit?

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Hunter
User

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 4:53pm
nopolycop wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:55pm:
To my knowledge, seat cushion countermeasure detectors are standard issue for ALL federal examiners.

Have you ever considered that examiner's do advance as you advance in countermeasures?  You do a pucker, we have a pucker pad.  Each and every tactic developed has a counter and we do study and use the counter tactics on those that use counter measures.  We are not perfect, we do make mistakes.   

WJ, 

You are a total idiot and your advice is so out of touch with the real world, I won't even respond with reasoning, it would be wasted on you.

IP Logged

User

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 4:55pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 4:49pm:
WJ wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:19pm:
I did but you don't use your butt muscles.  Pucker using about 20% to 30%.  On the last round of questioning I did not use them just the mental counter-measures.  Also it was not the SS, that is the test I failed.  I took the test for another agency and passed after using CMs.  
 Roll Eyes

Exactly how much is 20% to 30% of your rectum. I mean, did your head still fit?

Sancho Panza

Not 100% preasure but 20-30%. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 7:57pm
Hunter wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 4:53pm:
nopolycop wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 3:55pm:

Have you ever considered that examiner's do advance as you advance in countermeasures?  You do a pucker, we have a pucker pad.  Each and every tactic developed has a counter and we do study and use the counter tactics on those that use counter measures.   

This appears to be an implied admission that countermeasures actually do work, thus the need to develop anti-countermeasure devices and tactics.  Would this be correct?

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

User

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:36am
This appears to be an implied admission that countermeasures actually do work, thus the need to develop anti-countermeasure devices and tactics.  Would this be correct?

Read again please.  There are counters to counters, does that sound like they work?  Not to me at all.  My statement is clear and to the point, you develop a countermeasure and we will develop a counter-counter measure.  Including but not limited to physical and mental counter countermeasures.

IP Logged

User

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 2:20pm
Hunter wrote on Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:36am:
This appears to be an implied admission that countermeasures actually do work, thus the need to develop anti-countermeasure devices and tactics.  Would this be correct?

Read again please.  There are counters to counters, does that sound like they work?  Not to me at all.  My statement is clear and to the point, you develop a countermeasure and we will develop a counter-counter measure.  Including but not limited to physical and mental counter countermeasures.  

You might want to read this sites policy with regards to personal attacks.  However, you say that pad works but it does not, at least not at the level I used it. I went through that whole test and she did not say one word to me about counter-measures.  If she suspected it than she did not say a word.  The only time she mentioned anything was when she said for me to stop thinking about my breathing and concentrate on the questions.  That's it and I PASSED.  Oh and what is your CM to the mental CM?  DO you have a pad for that?  I showed a normal breathing through out the whole process with the exception of when I was asked control questions.  What a joke.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 3:11pm
WJ

The only CM to mental CMs is mind reading and only our Creator can do that. However, with the power polygraphers have, all they have to do is say that the applicant used CMs and he is through.

I hope you make an outstanding LEO.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 3:28pm
Hunter wrote on Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:36am:
This appears to be an implied admission that countermeasures actually do work, thus the need to develop anti-countermeasure devices and tactics.  Would this be correct?

Read again please.  There are counters to counters, does that sound like they work?  Not to me at all.  My statement is clear and to the point, you develop a countermeasure and we will develop a counter-counter measure.  Including but not limited to physical and mental counter countermeasures.  

The point that I am trying to make is that there would be no need to develop a counter to a counter measure, if that counter measure didn't work, as the polygraphers here state with so much passion.  The mere fact that the poly industry have developed the butt pad indicates that it is possible to alter the outcome of the physiological recordings of the polygraph machine, by using counter measures.

Recently, someone indicated that an examiner asked them to do a math question, with an apparent attempt to show the examinee that the poly could detect this counter measure.  The recent studies trying to prove that countermeasures hurt, and not help the examinee also inidicates that the poly industry is VERY ocncerned that once the use of counter measured become common place, their tenious position in the industry will become even more tenious.

Sorry Hunter, as they say in my neck of the woods, "That dog don't hunt."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #13 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 9:05pm
Quote:
The point that I am trying to make is that there would be no need to develop a counter to a counter measure, if that counter measure didn't work, as the polygraphers here state with so much passion

Oh countermeasures work alright, they work as well as say, spitting tobacco in a urine sample for a UA. Such countermeasures do not fool people in the intrepid sense. They merely obstruct in the most optimistic sense, but ruin the credibility in most situations. If I puke on my SAT answer sheet, will I have "beaten the test.?" The testor will not have known my aptitude range for college admissions---so in that sense I won a booby prize. But the test monitor who watches exams  might suspect that the person cheated on an official college entrance exam, thereby tainting the student forever as an academic crook or an obstructionist. So if the SAT's cannot "be beat"---then why have a monitor to watch testers? answer; just in case a witness is needed later. Same with the butt pad. The pad component is only a "witness component" that serves to indicate where a countermeasure is coming from----as the charts will have the "artificial look" without the pad. Plus, the instrument companies get to charge more money for the extra sensor.

Quote:
I hope you make an outstanding LEO.

I suppose I too hope you make an outstanding lawman. But you have gotten off to a rocky start by attempting to manipulate your investigaters. Sometimes young men believe that because something seems counterintuitive (doesn't make sense to ya) it must be wrong. This is called "inductive reasoning"---meaning, if it doesn't make sense to you or contradicts your beliefs, then it must be wrong. WJ, you need to take a more thoughtful approach to matters of protocol.

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

User

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 4:09am
[highlight]WJ,

You are a total idiot and your advice is so out of touch with the real world, I won't even respond with reasoning, it would be wasted on you.
[/highlight]

I have been warned by the administrator of this site that my statement was not civil and I must cease using such language.  My apologizes for the above posted language in reference to you.  I will cease posting in this thread.   

Good luck in your endeavors with a LEO career.

IP Logged

for anyone who has used countermeasures and passed?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X