Normal Topic FBI poly appeal (Read 7199 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box zoneb
New User

FBI poly appeal
Dec 3rd, 2007 at 3:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi everyone,

I read a few posts on this forum by a user named Bill Crider.  He wrote a letter to the FBI which successfully netted him a 3rd polygraph.  He also offered to share this letter with a few members of this forum.

It looks as though Bill has not been online since October.  Does anyone have an alternate way to contact him, or does anyone have a copy of his letter and would be willing to share it with me?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: FBI poly appeal
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 5:57am
zoneb,

Please check your private messages.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 6:24am
i'll send it when my PC gets fixed. soon. and that's no lie.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Barry_C
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2007 at 11:14pm
Hello Bill!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 12:52am
Thanks guys, I replied to your PM's.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 6:38am
Hello, Barry C. what brings you to this rarified territory?

for those of you reading this thread, Barry is a polygrpah operator and big supporter. Our forum conversations have gotten me banned twice on polygrahplace.com. he seems a nice guy to me despite our differences in this area.

hey, I am about to celebrate my 4th or 5th anniversay of my very first false positive with Greg Ellison of the Cincinnati FBI field office.

Hola, Greg. SALUUUUUUTE!

Still haven't sold any drugs, Greg. Didn't lie on my form, Greg. (oh wait, i passed that one with you. i failed it on the re-take) and haven't used any drugs yet either, Greg.

oh wait. I am sorry. you aren't reading this Greg because you don't give a damn. as long as the poly is 51% accurate it's good policy. My stockbroker tells me the same thing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box WJ
User

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 2:57am
You should have used CMs, they work.  LOL...the polygrapher tried and tried to get me to make changes but I stuck to my guns, made no changes and passed.  They can't detect CMs, as long as you're smart, no matter what they say.  I used the pucker and they said nothing.  I used mental CMs and they still said nothing.  I controlled my breathing and they only told me to stop thinking about my breathing once.   Grin Grin Grin.  That is why you see all these polygraphers on this site.  They know CMs work, of course they don't admit it.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Counter-measures were easy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Davidson
New User

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:39pm
I am in a similar position - made it to Phase II and was told that I failed one section of the polygraph. I sent a letter in requesting a second polygraph, and was told I "did not meet the criteria required and will not be afforded further consideration..." Is there an appeals process? Can you offer some suggestions as to the content of the appropriate letter? Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Indiana73
User

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 1:27pm
Davidson wrote on Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:39pm:
I am in a similar position - made it to Phase II and was told that I failed one section of the polygraph. I sent a letter in requesting a second polygraph, and was told I "did not meet the criteria required and will not be afforded further consideration..." Is there an appeals process? Can you offer some suggestions as to the content of the appropriate letter? Thanks.

I was in a similar position as well, and while Executive Order 12968 (quoted later) does "permit" for a further appeal, it may not be "worth it" to continue.  I decided to give up at the denial of a retest.

"(6) provided an opportunity to appeal in writing to a high level panel, appointed by the agency head, which shall be comprised of at least three members, two of whom shall be selected from outside the security field. Decisions of the panel shall be in writing, and final except as provided in subsection (b) of this section; and 

(7) provided an opportunity to appear personally and to present relevant documents, materials, and information at some point in the process before an adjudicative or other authority, other than the investigating entity, as determined by the agency head. A written summary or recording of such appearance shall be made part of the applicant's or employee's security record, unless such appearance occurs in the presence of the appeals panel described in subsection (a)(6) of this section."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Davidson
New User

Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 3:06pm
Are you aware of the availability of a copy of the type of letter that would be appropriate in the event that a retest was denied, but you decided that you want to try for the appeal? That seems to be the challenge - really knowing what to say in the most effective manner in order to have the appeal granted. 

Thanks.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 5:48am
Davidson wrote on Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:39pm:

Without going into details, I can tell you that they do read every appeals letter that you send to them.  The problem is they won't reveal exactly what their criteria is for determining when to give a retest.  It's difficult to argue your case when you don't know what they consider to be important.

IP Logged

FBI poly appeal

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X