Normal Topic Past drug usage? (Read 5059 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fly_boy
New User

Past drug usage?
Oct 11th, 2007 at 7:01pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello to all.  I am new here.  I have been selected as a DOD Police Officer after four years of trying to get in.  Trust me, it is not easy to get on with the DOD Police as I have read here.  If you are a civilian, then you can forget it.   Prior military without 30% compensable disability, you are hard pressed as well.  Just to clear up a few things.   

Anyhow, thanks for having on board here.  I am 37 years old.  I've been drug free for 9 years, with one year in 98 of doing MJ once, and coccaine 6 times.  I had just got out of the Navy at the end of 97 and got right into the wrong crowd.  Needless to say, I dropped that like a brick in water.  Anyhow, prior to that, I have done Acid one time after the age of 18 for which I am not certain of the year but it was deffinetely before 1994.  I also smoked MJ one time in like 1991.  Prior to that everything done, which was only MJ was done prior to age 18 and it was quite frequent use.  Call me stupid, but I grew up in an environment that was just about impossible to escape teenage years without smoking MJ.  Anyhow, how do I fair with the police?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: Past drug usage?
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 5:01am
Fly_boy wrote on Oct 11th, 2007 at 7:01pm:
Hello to all.  I am new here.  I have been selected as a DOD Police Officer after four years of trying to get in.  Trust me, it is not easy to get on with the DOD Police as I have read here.  If you are a civilian, then you can forget it.   Prior military without 30% compensable disability, you are hard pressed as well.  Just to clear up a few things.  

Anyhow, thanks for having on board here.  I am 37 years old.  I've been drug free for 9 years, with one year in 98 of doing MJ once, and coccaine 6 times.  I had just got out of the Navy at the end of 97 and got right into the wrong crowd.  Needless to say, I dropped that like a brick in water.  Anyhow, prior to that, I have done Acid one time after the age of 18 for which I am not certain of the year but it was deffinetely before 1994.  I also smoked MJ one time in like 1991.  Prior to that everything done, which was only MJ was done prior to age 18 and it was quite frequent use.  Call me stupid, but I grew up in an environment that was just about impossible to escape teenage years without smoking MJ.  Anyhow, how do I fair with the police?  

It seems from reading your post that you have already been hired by the DoD.  Why does it seem like you are asking what your chances are of being hired by the police?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:21pm
Fly_boy wrote on Oct 11th, 2007 at 7:01pm:

I am 37 years old.  In 98 I did MJ once.
I did coccaine 6 times.  
I did acid once, sometime prior to 1994
I got out of the Navy end of 97 and got right into the wrong crowd.  
I also smoked MJ one time in like 1991.  
Prior to that everything done.
Prior to age 18 I used MJ frequently.  
Call me stupid, but I grew up in an environment that was just about impossible to escape teenage years without smoking MJ.  
Anyhow, how do I fair with the police?  

Offhand I'd say that a celluloid dog has more chance of catching an asbestos cat, running through hell.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fly_boy
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 5:55pm
Yes, I have been selected for the DOD, but you and both know that the DOD is not exactly a civilian Police Dept.  Yes, they are real Police, but their jurisdiction is limited to Federal Installations.  I will say that I have heard some say that they are just Security Gaurds more or less, but I have one thing to add to that before proceding to my previous post.  The DOD may be interpreted as Security Gaurds, but keep in mind, depending on location, for instance Coronado or North Island San Diego, when someone is detained, there is a good chance that that person is a Trained Killer.  Spec War guys like to drink, and we all know that those in a state of drunkeness, do not act how they would sober in relation to Law Enforcement Officers.  I am prior Spec War (SWCC) however, so I am not to concerned, but just thought I'd throw that out there, just to justify my own self worth of course. Smiley   

Ok, yes, I have been selected, but I may want to convert to a Deportation Officer or U.S. Marshall or something of the like.  That is the reason for my previous post.  The SF86, which is used by the Federal Govererment which is for National Security Positions, has a statute of limitation for Seven years.  However, I don't know if each department goes beyond that or not.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kidcali
New User

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 6:22pm
I wouldn't worry about it they seem now to be focused on the last five years.I think is reasonable.I would go in confident if I was you and good luck with your career.

IP Logged

Past drug usage?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X