Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Polygraph analysis questions (Read 15513 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wonder_Woman
Senior User

The magic lasso of truth

Re: Polygraph analysis questions
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Wise up,  RU 2Block in disguise?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wiseup
New User

Reply #16 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 1:50pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 7:51pm:
Lovely, another member of the villiage people ----sans the talent. Soooooooo....wiseup, what be your analysis? Care to comment on the topic of polygraph, or are you just stopping by for the food?

No food here just BS folks are serving up. Your plate sounds full... Are you the butler?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wonder_Woman
Senior User

The magic lasso of truth

Reply #17 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:07pm
Hello  2block.  I knew it was you. Wink  So why the name change. ...deleted cheap shot at 2block...
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2007 at 9:01pm by Wonder_Woman »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Reply #18 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:09pm
Deleted ad hom attack on wiseup's manhood. Sorry administrator!

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #19 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:12pm
Further posts to this message thread should substantively address the topic(s) raised by the initial poster.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tbld
New User

"Homo praesumitur bonus
donec probetur malus"

Reply #20 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 12:44pm
Quote:
Sooo, now you're making it personal because your psychobabble BS isnt
getting you anywhere...

Whats with all the "Boss, Chief, Bucko, " BS. 
Its seriously not even slightly funny. Just because
your colleagues are wetting their pants doesnt make you comic of the year.
You're still just a deluded clown spewing out BS syllables.

If you're an example of the best & brightest in the APA circus,
then there is hope for everyone. 

Bi now Jerry. I'm done wit you. Dont forget yr reading homework.

Good point what is with all this chief bucko stuff i remember doin and saying things like that in 8th grade... you know polys rely solely on someone being naive about how they work...

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #21 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:16pm
tbld wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 12:44pm:
Quote:
Sooo, now you're making it personal because your psychobabble BS isnt
getting you anywhere...

Whats with all the "Boss, Chief, Bucko, " BS. 
Its seriously not even slightly funny. Just because
your colleagues are wetting their pants doesnt make you comic of the year.
You're still just a deluded clown spewing out BS syllables.

If you're an example of the best & brightest in the APA circus,
then there is hope for everyone. 

Bi now Jerry. I'm done wit you. Dont forget yr reading homework.

Good point what is with all this chief bucko stuff i remember doin and saying things like that in 8th grade... you know polys rely solely on someone being naive about how they work...

If that were true, than why are hundreds if not several thousand polygraph examiners required to be polygraphed every year? Despite the mustard-covered horse shit you read around here, no one knows more about polygraph than polygraph examiners----yet we are tested, with knowledge of every aspect of construct. Could someone please answer my point without ad hom or kick-standing the point with distortion?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #22 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:29pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:16pm:
If that were true, than why are hundreds if not several thousand polygraph examiners required to be polygraphed every year? Despite the mustard-covered horse shit you read around here, no one knows more about polygraph than polygraph examiners----yet we are tested, with knowledge of every aspect of construct. Could someone please answer my point without ad hom or kick-standing the point with distortion?

You mentioned this in another thread and I thought I addressed it.

It is completely irrelevant how many polygraph examiners are required to take polygraph tests.   

What would be relevant is how accurate those polygraph tests were on the examiners.   

The only people who could possibly give an answer on that would be the examiners themselves, and only if they lied (successfully) on their polygraph exam and then were willing to admit to that in order to provide proof that the polygraph is inaccurate.

It seems doubtful that such a scenario would ever occur.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #23 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:42pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:29pm:
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:16pm:

You mentioned this in another thread and I thought I addressed it.

It is completely irrelevant how many polygraph examiners are required to take polygraph tests.  

What would be relevant is how accurate those polygraph tests were on the examiners.  

The only people who could possibly give an answer on that would be the examiners themselves, and only if they lied (successfully) on their polygraph exam and then were willing to admit to that in order to provide proof that the polygraph is inaccurate.

It seems doubtful that such a scenario would ever occur.

Yes, I have mentioned it in an earlier thread and Unfortunately I will continue to mention it until someone answers the question without braking for kool aid. You have no more answered/addressed the point than you have merely asked a seperate question-----the kind of circular logic that I have come to master by this site's model. Soooooo, "Sarge", tell me-----why aren't polygraph examiners waived from being tested due to such "ease" of countermeasures and such "knowledge/awareness of construct detriment to accuracy(Lethe's dumb point)"? Can you even answer this one question, or are you going to private message George in a panic to ask for advice as the rest do.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #24 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:50pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:42pm:
Yes, I have mentioned it in an earlier thread and Unfortunately I will continue to mention it until someone answers the question without braking for kool aid. You have no more answered/addressed the point than you have merely asked a seperate question-----the kind of circular logic that I have come to master by this site's model. Soooooo, "Sarge", tell me-----why aren't polygraph examiners waived from being tested due to such "ease" of countermeasures? Can you even answer this one question, or are you going to private message George in a panic to ask for advice as the rest do.

I don't know that it is true that "thousands" of polygraph examiners are required to be polygraphed, but if it is I have no direct knowledge of why polygraph examiners are not waived from being tested.  If you have such knowledge feel free to share it.

I did not mention countermeasures, so I am curious as to why you brought them up.

I was working on the belief that knowledge of the polygraph and its procedures (something an examiner should certainly have) makes it virtually impossible to "scare" them into believing the polygraph will detect deception.  It is that knowledge, not the use of countermeasures, that makes them unsuitable test subjects.

I am certain you can see that the number of polygraph examiners that take the test is utterly irrelevant.  Without knowing the percentage of test-takers that lied and the percentage of liars that were detected by the polygraph the mere number of people taking the test is useless.

If I said five thousand people were polygraphed last week, what possible legitimate conclusion could you draw regarding the accuracy or lack of accuracy of the polygraph?  

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #25 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:56pm
...Soooooo, "Sarge", tell me-----why aren't polygraph examiners waived from being tested due to such "ease" of countermeasures and such "knowledge/awareness of construct detriment to accuracy(Lethe's dumb point)"?...

Polygraphers who work for agencies that require polygraph screening are themselves required to submit to polygraph screening for the sake of keeping up appearances. How would it look to the rank-and-file if the polygraphers were themselves exempted?

But it is unheard of for a polygrapher to flunk a fellow polygrapher. Please forgive the vulgar analogy, but it is one that I have made before, and it is apt: polygraphers polygraphing polygraphers is an exercise in mutual masturbation.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:07pm
[quote author=George W. Maschke link=1190929437/15#25 date=1191506197

But it is unheard of for a polygrapher to flunk a fellow polygrapher. Please forgive the vulgar analogy, but it is one that I have made before, and it is apt: polygraphers polygraphing polygraphers is an exercise in mutual masturbation. [/quote]

Oh Migod,
That breaks me up.
4 musketeers. 1x IP address. Same room.
Wooo hooo, you go boys.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #27 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:08pm
Quote:
...Soooooo, "Sarge", tell me-----why aren't polygraph examiners waived from being tested due to such "ease" of countermeasures and such "knowledge/awareness of construct detriment to accuracy(Lethe's dumb point)"?...

Polygraphers who work for agencies that require polygraph screening are themselves required to submit to polygraph screening for the sake of keeping up appearances. How would it look to the rank-and-file if the polygraphers were themselves exempted?

But it is unheard of for a polygrapher to flunk a fellow polygrapher. Please forgive the vulgar analogy, but it is one that I have made before, and it is apt: polygraphers polygraphing polygraphers is an exercise in mutual masturbation.

Please site your source for such an accusation. You are essentially accusing the US government polygraph programs and all of its polygraph examiners of high treason, and I suggest you back up such a statement with facts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #28 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:26pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:08pm:
Please site your source for such an accusation. You are essentially accusing the US government polygraph programs and all of its polygraph examiners of high treason, and I suggest you back up such a statement with facts.

Paradiddle,

Perhaps you have a point. It is not entirely unheard of for a polygrapher to flunk a fellow polygrapher: in 2004, the CIA's polygraph division retaliated against retired CIA polygrapher John Sullivan by "flunking" him after he wrote a book that some in the unit found unflattering. But by this time, Sullivan was no longer "part of the team."

If you or anyone else can cite any instance of a polygrapher failing to pass a polygraph screening examination, please enlighten us.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #29 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 2:38pm
1st and foremost, you assume Mr. Sullivan was truthful on his test, despite the fact that you and all who've read the book know he revealed some things in that book that the agency disliked becoming revealed. I am not calling Mr. Sullivan a liar, but in classic anti-polygraph form, you assume the best of all "flunkee's" as it suits your needs. As an examiner, I do not make such assumptions truthful or deceptive. It would appear that you and minions are quit quick to coddle those that merely state that they were truthful and failed, based on your (and all human) ability to detect sincerety from a few paragraphs. You hear music in farts George.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Polygraph analysis questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X