Normal Topic My CVSA...Done for good now?? (Read 2200 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GeraldoGibbons
New User

My CVSA...Done for good now??
Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:06am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well all I can say is that I wish that I found this site BEFORE I took my "test".  My VSA went so horrible that 5 days later, I can still here the operator's 
(interrogator's) word's, questions, and false allegations ringing in my head.  I'll try to make a long story short.  The first time through the test, I failed 2 questions... 1) Have you engaged in any illegal sexual acts?  -and- 2) Have you stole more than $50 from an employer in the past year?  So with the sexual acts one...while I've never, never done anything remotely illegal, there were a couple things that happened in my preteen years that I've never told a single human about.  So he starts grilling me, coming at me from every angle.  Well, since I was uneducated then in my "pre-antipolygraph.org" days I caved and told him.  Well first he acted all upset that I was decietful with him and actually had me believing that I lied to him...even though I did answer truthfully because nothing illegal happened.  Then he acted all buddy buddy saying it really isn't that bad, now what else haven't you told me.  "nothing" I said to which he said you're lying, I can tell.  Well at the time, I was pretty shook up from him manipulating this unneeded info from me so I was both stuttering and failing to make consistent eye contact.  So yah, I was branded a liar over and over and over.
So now onto the theft question.  I had a run with a bad boss doing fence work.  He started to screw me over on wages, drive time to far away jobs, and worst of all , my medical benefits.  Well I did a side job and had to order material through his account ( he ok'd this ) .  So when I finished and got paid,  I ended up keeping the money because of back wages that he owed me added up roughly to what I got paid.  Then there was a wheelbarrow ( a stupid wheelbarrow)  that I just left at my house after I quit working for the guy.  Just literally forgot after a month or so.   
So back to the test.  I told him about the wheelbarrow in the pre-test...but not the money because I convinced myself it wasn't really theft.  (by the way the old boss never contacted me either for the money cause he knew to that was really mine)  So sure enough in the post-test he weasled it out of me and went through to same rigamarole as the first question.
3 days later I got a DQ letter.  I'm planning on calling today find out the exact reason.  I want to appeal it.  Is it worth it?  Also, does this DQ me from any other agencies??   
I tried to make this quick,  if something wasn't very clear let me know.  Any opinions would be helpful. THanks!
-Bummed in Ohio

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Re: My CVSA...Done for good now??
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 12:09pm
Dear Gibby,

They got you good boy. The smoke and mirrors prop convinced you to 'fess
up your naughty deeds. Now, for being totally honest about trivia, you got screwed.

When you're faced with voodoo, you need something a bit stronger than good old
fashioned honesty. Read the TLBTLD. Be prepared for the buggers next time.

Good Luck,

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 4:10pm
And:

If you had been accused of b**gering underage Martians while on the job you would likely have been found guilty of that as well.  Why and how?  The structure of the polygraph prop con is such that anyone can be “determined” to be deceptive about anything.

You would have been better off with a good old-fashioned dunking.

Lloyd
Hi 1904.  Seems like we’re looking at 1984…

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 4:20pm
Quote:

Hi 1904.  Seems like we’re looking at 1984…

Winston Smith at the chestnut tree, drinking gin, drinking gin....

IP Logged

My CVSA...Done for good now??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X