Normal Topic Programmed Innocence and Guilt (Read 1701 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Programmed Innocence and Guilt
Aug 12th, 2007 at 7:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Please find below a link to an interesting study prepared by the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute Research Division Staff in 1995.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/polygraph/tes.html

First, a group of volunteers was “programmed” to be innocent or guilty.  Polygraphs were then administered using several formats.  The results were statistically analyzed.

This seems to have been a great waste of taxpayer money.  Real innocent people were not falsely accused of real crimes and did not face real false imprisonment.  Real guilty people were not accused of actual crimes and did not face valid imprisonment.  Our government played ‘truth or dare’ with itself in the manner of war games and reached a stilted conclusion.

Again, I assert our government must perform an experiment in the real world:  Real rape victims need be accused in a polygraph exam of raping themselves for some bizarre motive and distributing DNA evidence from some vile source upon themselves to falsify the crime further.  This experiment will reveal the vast differences between pretend “programmed” human responses and real ones.

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Re: Programmed Innocence and Guilt
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 8:33pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I sincerely apologize for the content of this post.  I cannot and do not condone criminal behavior of any nature.  However, if our government seeks to really determine the validity of polygraph examinations for demonstration of real innocence, a comprehensive study using real circumstances must be made.

It is very unfortunate that such crimes occur and I do have compassion for the victims.  However, here we have a large pool of innocent humans who will physiologically react when falsely accused.  This reaction will be accompanied by fear and anxiety as the victims realize they might be denied law enforcement protection from a despicable criminal or criminals who remain at large.

Again, I apologize, particularly to any woman who reads this.  Can we identify any other populations who meet these criteria in our society?  Our citizens need to determine, once and for all, if the polygraph testing techniques our government is using are real, rational, valid and constitutional.

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

Programmed Innocence and Guilt

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X