Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What type of test am I being given? (Read 37147 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box palerider
Senior User

Re: What type of test am I being given?
Reply #30 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:08am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Lloyd, based on your theories as to how to replace the role of polygraph in the monitoring of sex offenders, it is clear that you know precisely 2 things about supervising sex offenders. Jack and Shit, and Jack left town. What the hell good does gps have when reoffense usually takes place at the offender's home or work----if you knew beans, you'd know this. GPS has distinct advantages and pluses, but it has great limitations. Chemical castration------equally limited, but popular with the ignorant as the most dangerous offenders don't need their dick to offend (there are plenty of paraplegics who offend without their plumbing.) The best ways to monitor sex offenders----and each have inherent weaknesses---are all of the above. Regular sheduled interrogations, GPS, chemical treatments (on high risk fellas), and regular drug tests and home visits with surreptitious drive bye's. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know dick about supervising sex offenders. You can argue the empirical data as to why we do what we do---i.e. the registry and the fact that the vast majority do not offend against schools or stranger's children----regardless, the crimes against children are so heinous, that many offenders will suffer to protect those children who are statistically certain to die from demonic types of abuse.My advise------steal, hurt, do drugs-------but if you molest a child or rape a woman-------you are crappity smacked. Sorry.

I have a feeling that if a sexual predator lived next door to you, you would prefer all of the above tools for supervision----including polygraph. About one third of my sex offender population struggle with sexual fantasies of nearby children---- your children. One therapist told me that even if polygraph were 50% accurate (he knows better), he loves it. The majority of polygraph tests ran in the US are on sex offenders-----like it or not.  The majority of sex offenders lie with a level of proficiency not seen in the general population. A web search and some snippets read here and there will not paint the picture----despite many on this site who claim to have knowledge of the field as they've read 20,000 words on the subject. Fight the applicant screening all you want----but leave the sex offender testing alone, as we aren't giving the keys to the nursery to Offenders who manage a passed polygraph. We don't put our children's safety at the hands of a test that is ANYTHING less than 100%.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:29am by palerider »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:30am
Fortunately I'm an engineer and don't willingly associate with creeps.  You can keep them Sir.  Just thought I'd mention a few things.  You seem to have all that covered though.  I'm glad you're on the case.

Please try not to be so offensive.  Your job must be very difficult.  I hope they are not rubbing off on you.   

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box palerider
Senior User

Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 12:53am
My job is especially difficult when people such as yourself have a really bad experience with some shlub, or maybe by virtue of you ignoring his likely questions about your former mental health----and then you go out on a crusade against something that may have been misused on you, but is perfectly suited for others (this is the part where the deaf parrots around here say that "it isn't real science" and yadayada)-----Poly is perfectly suited for others such as people who the criminal justice system has a real problem with----sex offenders. My problem on this site is with the projectors who want to believe that most people who take polygraphs are fawns such as yourself who are caught up in an evil trap, rather than evil people who are just plain caught. About 5% of my offenders reoffend---and they aren't caught by gps, cops, or any other boyscout or gizmo. They are caught by clinicians and interrogaters who have less than 3 hours to get to the truth with the aid of a really cool instrument that indicates in most cases, serious deceptions regarding whether they have been touching the sexual parts of children.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:58pm
Greetings PaleRider:

Respectfully Sir, I beg to agree and disagree at the same time.

Long ago during very dark days of my life there was a “prop con” artist named Clarence McCormick.  Clarence misapplied common psychological test procedures to convince parents their children needed to attend his unlicensed school/clinic.  When a Judge in IL terminated his public operations he reopened covertly in the basement of his home.  Clarence had this thing about suffocating and strangling innocent young children.  I’ve witnessed him beat children suffering from autism and Down’s syndrome into bloody pulps.  That basement on Forest Avenue in River Forest, IL, probably still reeks with the stench of the urine, feces and vomit voided by terrified children.  Clarence was well paid by deluded parents to ‘play school’ and thoroughly enjoyed his work.  Perhaps he experienced some sort of sexual thrill from this.

Another very convincing “prop con” artist from IL was "Pogo the Clown."  Pogo wore a very proper visage and was even photographed with future-First Lady Rosalynn Carter.  Later we came to know Pogo as John Wayne Gacy.

PaleRider, you are correct pal.  You’re preaching to the choir.  There are some very sick people out there that must be identified, caught and stopped.  The inevitable question now is:
Once we have accomplished this, why do we release them?

Personally, I’d like to see all the verified sex offenders gathered on a large ship and sent to the Bikini Atoll.  Once there, they might be assigned a Geiger counter and a pair of tweezers to remove radioactive contaminated particles mote by mote…

That will never occur while “treatment” options are available.  Our mental health professionals needs collect their fine salary as they “rehabilitate” these mentally ill criminals and return them to our neighborhoods.  I see your difficulty PaleRider.

Still though Sir, I am opposed to polygraph testing.  I personally know for a fact that the false positive percentage for detection of deception technologies is unacceptably high.  There is an uninvestigated positive interference when a good and honest citizen is falsely accused of heinous crimes against those he or she loves.  This is particularly acute when the falsely accused human is actually the victim who reported the crime in the first place.

I agree Sir that you must use all legal methods to identify and constrain sex offenders.  These include an array of interrogation techniques that may be tailored to a person’s belief systems:
1)      If a person believes in god, you may claim god revealed in a vision to you exactly what he or she did;
2)      If a person believes in the horoscope, you may tell him/her that their offensive behavior was forecast in the Sunday paper;
3)      If a person believes in spirits, you may claim that a medium has communicated their guilt;
4)      Etc…

Polygraph testing though presents quite a conundrum PaleRider.  It is a two edged sword that is very inaccurate on the backstroke.  Innocent people can be easily decapitated.  For this reason I can never conscience polygraph testing.  That I consider similar to the use of bis 2-chloroethyl sulfide as a weapon of war.  Mustard gas presents too much collateral damage and poisons the land for a long time.  All civilized nations have outlawed chemical weapons for this reason among others.

While polygraph examinations remain legal in the US, I beg you Sir to check your backstroke conscientiously.

Sincerely,
Lloyd Levander Ploense
PS: Long ago a woman I dated spoke an old adage to me: “If wishes were horses all beggars would ride.”  Ride on PaleRider but I beg of you again, check your backstroke!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stan_Smith
User

Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 8:44pm
With everyone throwing around percentages and statistics, I once again ask the question yet to be answered....Can anyone site a single person who was wrongfully jailed due SOLEY to a polygraph test.   

If not, and as I've said before, if it is used a useful tool, I see nothing wrong with it.  Nobody will be wrongfully incarcerated soley on polygraph testimony.  There will always have to be back up evidence.   While I agree that using it as a tool for job applications is a bit sketchy, as a law enforcement tool, it seems useful if used as only one piece of evidence to point police in the right direction.

I've read many posts here and I am still not convinced that polygraphs are not a useful tool.  I'd even give odds that many of those posting here against it as a criminal detection tool are guilty of the crime they are being charged with and using their postings here to attempt to make themselves look innoncent.

Just my opinion.

Stan

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #35 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 8:55pm
Well Stan,

I have not been charged with a crime because I did not commit one.  I was the victim of a crime.  Despite that, during a polygraph interrogation I was accused of commiting the crime I am the victim of.  How bizzare!  That is why I'm upset.

Considering what I wrote on another thread, I think polygraph operators do not care if innocent people are harmed with false accusations that produce false positives.  'Hey Man, you hold the nail while I swing the hammer!'

When a false positive occurs in polygraphy, is the only consequence to an innocent person false imprisonment?  Can you show evidence of that?  Can you show it with the family consequenses inherent to this threads subjects?

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

User

Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:15pm
lloyd,

You assume all that post here bashing polygraphy are innocent.  I tend to think otherwise.

Stan

IP Logged

User

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:17pm
[quote author=Lloyd Ploense link=1185490801/30#35 date=1187297757]Well Stan,

I have not been charged with a crime because I did not commit one.  I was the victim of a crime.  Despite that, during a polygraph interrogation I was accused of commiting the crime I am the victim of.  How bizzare!  That is why I'm upset.

So Lloyd, are you are you not being accused of a crime?  Double speak does not help your case.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 11:47pm
Stan:

A Clarification Sir:
1) I am the victim of a crime, the poisoning of our wedding cake;
2) LE asked me to take a polygraph exam;
3) During the examination, I was asked if I committed the crime myself;
4) I truthfully responded no;
5) The LE interrogator told me the polygraph exam indicated I was not telling the truth;
6) I have not been charged with a crime I did not commit.

It is quite simple Stan.  Polygraph testing is not accurate and perhaps will always yield a false positive under these circumstances.  Particularly if the victim suffers from PTSD.  LE in NJ seems to realize that.

When I have more time I will discuss in writing and in detail the most effective use of polygraph testing: Harassment and manipulation through false accusations.  I was wrong Stan.  Some persons can really use that tool EFFECTIVELY!  I don't fault LE for that though.  They were just doing their job.

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

User

Reply #39 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 4:06am
lloyd,

If you are truly innocent of what they are accusing you of, then there is no way they can convict you of it using ONLY a polygraph.  I don't know how many different ways I can say this.

If you are truly innocent of this, I would assume your family would obviously believe that you are, and it should be nothing more than a nusciance.  As I said before, methinks you doth protest too much.  If LE has no other evidence to back up their claims that you poisoned your own wedding cake (even typing that seems ludicrous), then it will be dropped, period.  If you are innocent as you claim, don't worry about it, let it run it's course, let the police make their false accusations and when their investigations come up with nothing, move on and live your life.

Stan

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #40 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 1:52pm
Yep Stan:

You are correct in some respects.  But WHAT A NUISANCE!  I'm not one to be kicked in the back and pretend I like it Dude.

I’ve also had to contend with numerous bizarre false accusations made to the department of youth and family services.  Fortunately, the forensic examiners of DYFS used their eyes, ears AND minds rather than the "prop con" mechanisms of polygraph testing to reach the conclusion that all allegations were unfounded.

Guess that’s just life in America, the land of specious accusations and the home of ?

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

User

Reply #41 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 9:37pm
Lloyd,

Just curious, who's making allegations and what is it exactly that they are alleging?

Stan

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #42 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 12:24am
Stan

Your posts are remarkably like Nonombre. You ask questions but seldon ever answer questions. If you do answer they are nonsubstantive. Me thinks...???? I don't think Nonombre wants to engage Lloyd as Nonombre.

IP Logged

User

Reply #43 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 6:54am
lol, talk about false acusations.  What questions have I been asked that I have not answered?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #44 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 2:34pm
Well TwoBlock:

The nameless one has been rather silent of late.  Perhaps you are correct.  However, it was I who first engaged new member Stan_Smith after reading a few of his postings.

What do you think Lethe, 1904 and EosJupiter?  I'd hoped Stan_Smith was NJ LE.  Could TwoBlock be correct?  Has anyone ping traced nonombre? Can someone ping Stan_Smith?  I don't have McAfee trace on any of my computers anymore, just this Symantec stuff.  Yet, a ping trace won't necessarily reveal true location but just that of the proxy server (if used) and that can be disguised by rotation.

The actual identity of Stan_Smith is not important though.  He is just another anonymous irritant as we strive towards our mutual goal.  

Speaking of goals, lets all lay off palerider.  He uses all legal means, no matter how faulty they might be, to accomplish a necessary end to the best of his ability.  I think palerider might be one of the very few users who really understand the limitations of polygraph testing.

Sisyphus never rolled a boulder as treacherous as a polygraph.  Polygraphy could have never satisfied Tantalus if he hungered for truth and would have comprised a tormentors’ jest crueler than that devised by the Gods.  As Graves, Ovid and Wordsworth accounted, the Danaides were eternally tormented with the task of drawing water from a well using a leaky bucket.  A sieve cannot contain concepts such as the truth.  I really wish we had a functional truth/falsehood detector for palerider to use.  Methinks we could all appreciate that as the palerider strives to accomplish his worthy goal.

Lloyd Ploense
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2007 at 3:44pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
What type of test am I being given?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X