Normal Topic FBI Unsuitable - "Employment History" (Read 5173 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rope_Tricks
New User

FBI Unsuitable - "Employment History"
Apr 14th, 2007 at 5:21pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Everything else checked out, got the COE, everything.  Poly fine, etc, etc.

Then the COE rescinding due to this -- what are the options here?

I was found unsuitable due to employment history.  I cannot possibly imagine other than getting fired because I argued with a supervisor, what this may be.

If that in fact, is the sole thing, then I would be very surprised.

Appeals, I fear, are not possible.  However, what can I expect to gain by requesting my investigation records ... or more specifically, can those even be requested.  Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box exssg
New User

Re: FBI Unsuitable - "Employment History"
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2007 at 11:43pm
Hello, Something similar happened to me years ago with the FBI. Try whatever appeals process you can guided by your SA background contact. I requested my file and it took nine months under FOIPA to get the file sent to me. It was heavily redacted but you can sort of put some of the pieces together. The best you could do would be to find out why or who. The bureau isn't very helpful in this matter. They like to send out form letters with very little info. A friend of mine was fired from an FBI job for bullshit and it took him 7 years to win his job back. He brought a civil suit and you could do the same but it would be expensive and the results are not guarateed. The bureau doesn't like to reverse decisions made by their Supervisors. It might be better to just move on. There are great LE jobs out their and the Bureau blows anyway. Any org that drops the ball on 9/11 is crappity smacked up. Good luck.......

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Re: FBI Unsuitable - "Employment History"
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2007 at 1:42am
Rope-tricks,

It's difficult for anyone to adequately respond to your post due to the lack of specific details and information surrounding your situation. It is not uncommon for the FBI to withdraw the conditional offer of employment based on adverse information found during your background investigation. Especially if you passed the pre-employment polygraph exam, and then the adverse information found during the BI.

If you were in fact terminated for cause with a previous employer, and the information not disclosed within your background questionnaire, would surely be grounds as well as justifiable for the FBI to withdraw the conditional offer letter.

Were you terminated for cause with a previous employer?

triple x

IP Logged

FBI Unsuitable - "Employment History"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X