Normal Topic POLICE ACADEMY TAC. OFFICERS (Read 10429 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ref
New User

POLICE ACADEMY TAC. OFFICERS
Feb 7th, 2007 at 6:35am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
WHY ARE THE TAC OFFICERS SO MEAN? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE REASON BEHIND WHAT THEY ARE DOING.THEY MADE ME CRY ONE DAY.I HAVEN'T CRYED SINCE THAT DAY ,AT LEAST NOT IN FRONT OF THEM. BUT THEY KEEP GOING AFTER ME . WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ?ARE THEY EVER GOING TO LEAVE ME ALONE?  CAN SOME ONE EXPLAIN THE REASON BEHIND ALL THIS? WHEN THEY ARE GOING AFTER ME,THE GUY NEXT TO ME KEEPS TELLING ME ITS A GAME AND DONT BELIEVE THEM. BUT I DONT GET IT. AT LUNCH THE TAC OFFICERS SECRETLY TOOK MY BATON AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT.I FEEL LIKE QUITING PLEASE HELP!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Re: POLICE ACADEMY TAC. OFFICERS
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 4:37am
ref,

The cadre or TAC officers are doing exactly what they are supposed to do... the theory and philosophy which supports the cadre's mentality is to see how much stress the recruits can take under pressure and still be able to make logical decisions and function as expected.

If you feel like quitting at this point, the tac officers are doing their jobs effectively. With respect to them taking your baton during lunch, it was probably to teach you not to leave it lying around so it can be picked up. The US Army does the exact same thing... if they can steal your weapon without you knowing, then the message is clear… so can the enemy.

Don't take it so personal; they probably know that they are getting to you. Simply don't let them. Or better yet, if they are getting to you, don't let them know that they are succeeding.

Hang in there; it will be over soon.

triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 1:48pm
ref wrote on Feb 7th, 2007 at 6:35am:
WHY ARE THE TAC OFFICERS SO MEAN? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE REASON BEHIND WHAT THEY ARE DOING.THEY MADE ME CRY ONE DAY.I HAVEN'T CRYED SINCE THAT DAY ,AT LEAST NOT IN FRONT OF THEM. BUT THEY KEEP GOING AFTER ME . WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ?ARE THEY EVER GOING TO LEAVE ME ALONE?  CAN SOME ONE EXPLAIN THE REASON BEHIND ALL THIS? WHEN THEY ARE GOING AFTER ME,THE GUY NEXT TO ME KEEPS TELLING ME ITS A GAME AND DONT BELIEVE THEM. BUT I DONT GET IT. AT LUNCH THE TAC OFFICERS SECRETLY TOOK MY BATON AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT.I FEEL LIKE QUITING PLEASE HELP!

You should speak with one of the instructors about your issues.  Sometimes stress at the academy is less serious than it seems at the time.

If you truly can't handle being yelled at then law enforcement is certainly not the right career choice for you.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 5:12am
Sergeant1107,

I previously responded to ref and explained that the type of conduct demonstrated by the TAC officers are not uncommon. Taking weapons when left unattended is something any cadre member loves to find. The cadet to whom it belongs will long regret the error in question. I tend to believe that ref may be venturing into the wrong line of work...

triple x

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 7:53am
I WAS JUST VENTING .I HAVE NO PLANS OF QUITING ,WE ARE JUST IN WEEK 6 AND STARTED WITH A CLASS OF 71,WE HAVE LOST 9 SO FAR,  NONE OF THEM HAVE HAD THE TAC STAFF ON THEIR ASS LIKE I HAVE. THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS I DID NOT HAVE MY SAM BROWN BELT PUT TOGETHER THE RIGHT WAY AND BECAUSE OF THAT THAT MADE ME STAND OUT. IM ALREADY USED TO THE YELLING,BELLRUNS,PUSHUPS,GIG PAPERS. IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE THEY SEE ,SO ITS NOT SO BAD.ALSO ,THE TAC STAFF DID NOT FIND MY BATON 'HANGING AROUND ' HE ACTUALLY TOOK IT FROM MY SAM BROWN WHEN I WAS SITTING HAVING LUNCH. I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE THAT IT WAS GONE UNTIL HE GAVE IT BACK TO ME AND TOLD ME TO WRITE A ONE PAGE GIG  PAPER ABOUT KEEPING MY STUFF. AT LUNCH IT IS STRESSFUL YOU HAVE TO LOOK STRAIGTH AHEAD ,NO TALKING ,YOU CANT EVEN EAT WITH YOUR GUN HAND . THEY EVEN SAY SOMETHING IF YOU BRING WHITE BREAD OR CHIPS .THEY HAVE DONE THIS TWICE TO ME .WHEN IM AWAY FROM THERE I JUST LAUGH BECAUSE ITS FUNNY WHAT THEY HAVE  BEEN DOING TO ME. YOU GUYS SHOULD EASE UP ,THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE AND I WAS JUST BEING HONEST WITH THE WAY I WAS FEELING THAT DAY. I KNOW ALOT OF CADETS FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES. YOU SHOULDN'T SAY FIND ANOTHER JOB THATS NOT RIGHT, I'M HUMAN I AM  FAR FROM PERFECT .I WOULD BE CONCERNED IF SOMEONE DID NOT HAVE THESE FEELINGS.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 10:17am
ref wrote on Feb 14th, 2007 at 7:53am:
I WAS JUST VENTING .I HAVE NO PLANS OF QUITING ,WE ARE JUST IN WEEK 6 AND STARTED WITH A CLASS OF 71,WE HAVE LOST 9 SO FAR,  NONE OF THEM HAVE HAD THE TAC STAFF ON THEIR ASS LIKE I HAVE. THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS I DID NOT HAVE MY SAM BROWN BELT PUT TOGETHER THE RIGHT WAY AND BECAUSE OF THAT THAT MADE ME STAND OUT. IM ALREADY USED TO THE YELLING,BELLRUNS,PUSHUPS,GIG PAPERS. IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE THEY SEE ,SO ITS NOT SO BAD.ALSO ,THE TAC STAFF DID NOT FIND MY BATON 'HANGING AROUND ' HE ACTUALLY TOOK IT FROM MY SAM BROWN WHEN I WAS SITTING HAVING LUNCH. I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE THAT IT WAS GONE UNTIL HE GAVE IT BACK TO ME AND TOLD ME TO WRITE A ONE PAGE GIG  PAPER ABOUT KEEPING MY STUFF. AT LUNCH IT IS STRESSFUL YOU HAVE TO LOOK STRAIGTH AHEAD ,NO TALKING ,YOU CANT EVEN EAT WITH YOUR GUN HAND . THEY EVEN SAY SOMETHING IF YOU BRING WHITE BREAD OR CHIPS .THEY HAVE DONE THIS TWICE TO ME .WHEN IM AWAY FROM THERE I JUST LAUGH BECAUSE ITS FUNNY WHAT THEY HAVE  BEEN DOING TO ME. YOU GUYS SHOULD EASE UP ,THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE AND I WAS JUST BEING HONEST WITH THE WAY I WAS FEELING THAT DAY. I KNOW ALOT OF CADETS FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES. YOU SHOULDN'T SAY FIND ANOTHER JOB THATS NOT RIGHT, I'M HUMAN I AM  FAR FROM PERFECT .I WOULD BE CONCERNED IF SOMEONE DID NOT HAVE THESE FEELINGS.

Turn off your Caps Lock unless you intend to shout your entire message.

After you do that read my earlier message.  I didn't tell you to find another job, I just wrote that if you truly couldn't handle being yelled at then law enforcement is not the right career for you.  

If being yelled at makes you cry that could be nothing more than a manifestation of the stress at the academy.  Or it could mean you can't handle conflict or tension and if that is the case then you should pursue a different career.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2007 at 11:40am by Sergeant1107 »  

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous ętes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 7:45am
Sergeant1107, 

If ref only takes one piece of your advice... I certainly hope it will be to stop typing in all uppercase. Perhaps ref is yelling the entire message. After being yelled at by the tac officers, ref wants to yell at all of us. 

triple x

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 4:21am
TRIPLE X ,MY CAP LOCK WILL NOT TURN OFF THAT IS  HOW MY KEY BOARD IS "SORRY"! FROM YOUR POST YOU SEEM LIKE A JERK,AND I DON'T LIKE YOUR TONE.                     REF

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 12:24pm
ref wrote on Feb 16th, 2007 at 4:21am:
FROM YOUR POST YOU SEEM LIKE A JERK,AND I DON'T LIKE YOUR TONE.                     REF

It is better to seem like a jerk than to make an unintelligent comment and remove all doubt.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Onesimus
Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 9:02pm
I don't understand why reading something in caps gets some people so upset.  It's not that bad.  Maybe you should download the Firefox extension that fixes text that is in all caps?

There is nothing offensive about what ref has written, if you can ignore the capitalization.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 10:29pm
Onesimus,

Reading text that is in all caps is harder on the eyes than text using both upper and lowercase letters. We actually recognize words in large measure by their shape, and with capital letters, there is less differentiation. It is for this reason that modern road signs include lowercase letters. It really is poor (n)etiquette to compose messages in all caps.

I wasn't aware of the Firefox extension you mentioned, and have encountered difficulty finding it. What is it called?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 12:47am
ref

Re: The yelling by your training officer.

Look at it as a means to prepare you for any eventuality that you may encounter on the streets. LEO's are lashed with some very abusive language as they are arresting some people.

In basic training I thought that I was the brunt of my Company Commander"s frustration untill I complained to an officer of higher rank who knew the man. He explained that the CC thought I had the makings of a good military man and that was his way of training me to be such. I listened and observed and never complained again. Your training officer just might think you will make a good LEO. Listen to him and I'll bet you will be glad you did.

IP Logged

POLICE ACADEMY TAC. OFFICERS

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X