Normal Topic Incorrect Results of test by police-what now? (Read 3681 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box woodeyelie
New User

Incorrect Results of test by police-what now?
Dec 18th, 2006 at 7:38pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Could someone please explain this to me?  My husband took a stress test and it showed stress where he was not at all lying.  After looking up some info, I found this... 

Subject to restrictions, the Act also permits polygraph testing of certain employees of private firms who are reasonably suspected of involvement in a workplace incident (theft, embezzlement, etc.) that resulted in specific economic loss or injury to the employer  

Does this mean he can be fired by his employer for the results? What are the laws protecting him? Can he re-take it? He was interogated for 2 hours after this because they "saw stress", which I don't understand at all--scrutiny is stressful!  I can't find any rights or laws regarding this anywhere at all, and would be grateful to anyone who can fill me in. 

I should note here, We had no idea this was such a dangerously innacurate means of law enforcement, it was him who suggested that the police be called about the situation (money stolen from his work) and said he would be happy to do a lie detector test if they offered one, he's an honest man and would never steal--he thought there would be no reason to worry, just wanted to prove his lack of involvement and help his company.  Now we're so scared he will lose his job two weeks before Christmas because of results that are, well, blatantly a lie. 

We are in Fort Wayne IN.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Re: Incorrect Results of test by police-what now?
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 8:42pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Please do not cross-post the same message to multiple forums. Once is enough. Replies to this post should be directed here:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?board=Policy;action=display;num...

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Incorrect Results of test by police-what now?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X