Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Do I have any rights at all? (Read 3137 times)
Batman74
New User

Do I have any rights at all?
Mar 10th, 2007 at 5:39am
Print Post  
I was given two cvsa tests today.Before the first one the tester stated to me that my accuser had passed there test. After the first test the tester said he had made a mistake and,deleted the results of my first test.I then took the test again and,failed.
I'm a Corrections Officer,do I have any rights under the EPPA?
I was given verbal notice over the phone 26 hrs. before I was to take the test and told "you can bring a witness as long as they are not involved with the investigation."

IP Logged

George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Do I have any rights at all?
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Unfortunately, the EPPA offers no protection to employees of federal, state, and local government agencies. Be aware, however, that CVSA is junk science, and the manufacturer of the device has admitted in court that it is not capable of lie detection. See also this ABC News expos of Charles Humble, the charlatan who is behind CVSA:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/?p=101

I think it would be best to get a lawyer and seek the help of a union representative, if you have one.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
PGP Public Key: 316A947C
PGP Public Key (offline): 2BF4374B
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Batman74
New User

Re: Do I have any rights at all?
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply George,I had guessed that the eppa didn't apply.
I contacted the union as soon as the test was over and,the rep. said it was a simple case of the investegator not getting the results he wanted the first time.That is to say for me to "fail".
Not related to the test but,an example of what some people will do to try to get a false confession.
I stated to the investegator that I had been offered a higher paying position in the private sector and,after the investigation was resolved I planned to resign.
He said"well I can help (resolve the investigation) just admit to anything it dosen't matter if your leaving anyway."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint