Normal Topic My first Poly...what do you think? (Read 2333 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CAdude
New User

My first Poly...what do you think?
Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:05pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took my first Poly...I didnt get nervous or figity...I have been in the Military for 14 years, on my way out to start a different career. The Poly said I was good on all my questions except for drug usage. I told him that I was bieng perfectly honest, I have nothing to lie about, and I would gladly come back for a retest. The Poly guy told me that I might have a follow up poly regarding drugs, I said that would be fine. He then had me make write a statement on when, where and how much I had smoked, I wrote it, signed and dated it! So am I a FAIL??? He told me that he just recommends what he thinks to the personell department, he also said that if I did not hear anything in a month, to give them a call to find out what was going on??? Now...if I failed, why would he tell me to find out about my status??? I mean if I failed...It wouldnt matter...right? He also tried to get me to admit to more drugs, I wouldnt, because I didnt. I told him that, looked him straight in the eye and said "No Sir"! Well....tell me what you all think....Thanks  ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: My first Poly...what do you think?
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:54pm
Without getting into the coin-toss of whether you passed or failed the polygraph exam, what you admitted to about your history with drugs may play a large part in moving forward with the hiring process.

Certain drugs are disqualifying, regardless of how many or how few times you used them.  Other drugs are disqualifying if the usage was heavy enough or recent enough.  Any sale of any drug is disqualifying.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

New User

Re: My first Poly...what do you think?
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 2:26pm
I told him what was exactly in my background package....But he kinda turned it around on me, I told him I experimented with Marijuana once, The poly dude asked me how many times did I take a hit that one time...I said three times....then he said "Well technically you smoked weed three times". I really dont know what to think now.....

IP Logged

New User

Something else to add....
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 2:30pm
So do agencies actually retest you...or is it B.S.??? Do you know of anyone who got questioned about one particular question and still passed the Poly???

IP Logged

My first Poly...what do you think?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X