Normal Topic Trying to be a Cop but did drugs, need advise! (Read 4344 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Axe
New User

Trying to be a Cop but did drugs, need advise!
Aug 4th, 2006 at 7:14am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi, I am currently past the first oral interview in a few towns and the day of admittance of my past is coming. I have done Extacy 10 times 3 years ago and smoked weed for 2 years, 2 years ago. I have 0 desire to do drugs and actually want to help people who do them clean themselves up. I have been drug-free for two years. Here is the question. With my past drug use, will ANY department hire me if I am honest about it (I haven't had to admit anything on any applications yet), or should I just admit a small amount of weed and 'block out' the X on the interview and polygraph? I dont want to lie, but I also do not want to be a toilet bowl cleaner or work some pensionless, slave job till the end of days. PLEASE HELP!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Re: Trying to be a Cop but did drugs, need advise!
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 3:30pm
Axe:

Do yourself  a favor and look for another line of work.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 1:33pm
Axe wrote on Aug 4th, 2006 at 7:14am:
Hi, I am currently past the first oral interview in a few towns and the day of admittance of my past is coming. I have done Extacy 10 times 3 years ago and smoked weed for 2 years, 2 years ago. I have 0 desire to do drugs and actually want to help people who do them clean themselves up. I have been drug-free for two years. Here is the question. With my past drug use, will ANY department hire me if I am honest about it (I haven't had to admit anything on any applications yet), or should I just admit a small amount of weed and 'block out' the X on the interview and polygraph? I dont want to lie, but I also do not want to be a toilet bowl cleaner or work some pensionless, slave job till the end of days. PLEASE HELP!

Your use of MDMA will disqualify you from most, if not all departments.

You should tell the truth on your applications and if you are DQ'd for the actions you chose to take then take responsibility for those actions and move on.   

If you have to lie to get into law enforcement you don't belong there and will not do well.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Axe
New User

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 7:59am
Thank you for your Straight up answer Sergent. Yes, to lie is not a good way to start a career, but what other options do I have? I WILL make a good Police Officer if I get in, for it is the ONLY thing I wish to do with the rest of my life.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 9:49am
Axe wrote on Aug 7th, 2006 at 7:59am:
Thank you for your Straight up answer Sergent. Yes, to lie is not a good way to start a career, but what other options do I have? I WILL make a good Police Officer if I get in, for it is the ONLY thing I wish to do with the rest of my life.

Other than lying, your option is to tell the truth and deal with the consequences like a mature, responsible adult.  If you can't do that then you don't belong in law enforcement.  We don't need or want irresponsible, immature people who think it's okay to lie to get out of trouble but try to convince themselves that they wouldn't lie about anything else.

Either you are ethical or you're not.  If you are willing to lie to avoid responsibility for a mistake or series of mistakes you made, you are not behaving in an ethical manner.

Tell the truth and if there are negative consequences you must deal with them.  That goes for everything in your life, not just police applications.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Trying to be a Cop but did drugs, need advise!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X