Normal Topic In the process, have one concern about past life (Read 7435 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wildblue
New User

In the process, have one concern about past life
Aug 4th, 2006 at 6:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm new to this site, stumbling upon it via a search engine earlier this week.  I'm glad I found it, great perspectives and great information! Here's my situation...

I am in deep into the process with several LE's, I've already taken one polygraph and have another coming up for a different local.  I'm pretty sure I passed the first one, having no post-interrogation and flat out asking the man how I did.  But that's the least of my worries right now.

About 5 years ago, I got myself into a very bad situation....confided in a friend...and was stabbed in the back.  I met a someone and we fell in love, problem was, this person was married.  Over the course of a year this married individual promissed a divorce and other such nonsense....but in between that, this person discussed killing the spouse and running off with the insurance money.  I was a college student working on a teaching degree with a spotless military record, I wasn't about to screw that up.  I never got into any kind of serious trouble my entire life, now I'm listening to this. 

So I'm at a bar with a friend I grew up with, known this person for 7 years or so.  This individual was in the same situation, they spoke of their sibling "doing in" their mate's spouse and then asked me "how would you do it?"  Now, being best friends for years, and over a few beers, we started throwing out stupid ideas, things that would never happen.  Well this person took what I said and made a complaint to a LE about it.  I had two detectives knock on my door asking me about it.  I exercised my right to council and gave them my lawyer's card, I was young and scared to death, I didn't want to say anything that would get me in trouble.  This was 5 years ago and SINCE then I have NEVER heard another word about it....EVER.

5 years later, we have separated from engagement, haven't spoken to the person who wanted to "do in" their spouse in almost a year.  I had a BI done by a LE who talked to this person, said that they had agreed to cooperate with detectives and asked me if I would do the same....they then informed me that I was a suspect in this "case", that they had a time, place, and manor...the whole thing.  VERY aggressive and VERY unprofessional. Now, if I were a suspect, I would imagine I would be approached in a slightly more aggressive manor than what I was.  And I would have been approached SINCE that BI if I were indeed a suspect.

This LE was my first application and my first interview, I was poorly prepared and had no idea what to expect.  After about an hour and a half of quite brutal interrogations, I finally buckled, told them what they wanted to hear and walked out.  I later requested copies of this aledged complaint and recieved a letter from the chief of police in that town that there was no evidence of a crime ever being comitted and therefore no reports to send me.  This complaint was based PURELY on third party heresay, there was never any time/place/manor discussed or involved.

They also told me that there was a complaint against me by my ex, reported to the state police that I had been basicly stalking my ex and their new mate.  I laughed at it and told them I had no clue where my ex lived.  I called the state police where they had said the complaint was made and the officer I spoke with had NO records what so ever with my name or my ex's name on it.

Now, if LE's share each other's background information, they're BOUND to get this info.  No matter what I said to these guys, as far as they were concerned I was suspect in a conspiracy to commit murder case, and a "risk" as they put it.  Needless to say, they didn't hire me.

During my poly interview, I told the tester every minute of this BI interview, about how I was bulldogged and how after it was all over I did some research and found out that all the things they put in front of me to try and get me to admit to was indeed false. I was trying to set the record straight.   Undecided How am I supposed to make these people believe my side and not that nasty LE's side?  Its frustrating to have to tell the next LE I apply to about this problem, because they share their info, and have them raise an eyebrow at me as if they don't believe me.  You KNOW they're going to go running to this department to get ahold of whatever it is they've got on my BI.

Any input?    ???  ???

Frustrated

IP Logged

New User

Re: In the process, have one concern about past li
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 8:38pm
This does really have me worried, somebody at least tell me not to worry about it...   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 9:04pm
wildblue wrote on Aug 8th, 2006 at 8:38pm:
This does really have me worried, somebody at least tell me not to worry about it...   Embarrassed

wildblue,

Having read the text provided its hard to come up with words of wisdom to help. But I will try. And worrying does nothing but get you stomach acid ... Smiley 

1st mistake was ever taking a polygraph. And by the description of your situation it has slid downhill from there.  Your applications to become a LEO should not be hampered by past hearsay and nonprovable complaints. If you haven't been arrested or detained then there really is no problem. If you have been 100% honest with your BI info, then let things fall where they may. You can't change the outcome. That being said, you can't make people believe anything, especially LEO's only the facts will be believed. Also statute of limitations runs out after 7 years ... And if nothing from this has happened, then nothing will. And to get the information then I am sure there is a way to request it through the department you applied too. Otherwise a lawyer can help you get the info, but this costs money.  I wish you much success.

Regards

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 9:29pm
EosJupiter wrote on Aug 8th, 2006 at 9:04pm:

wildblue,

Having read the text provided its hard to come up with words of wisdom to help. But I will try. And worrying does nothing but get you stomach acid ... Smiley 

1st mistake was ever taking a polygraph. And by the description of your situation it has slid downhill from there.  Your applications to become a LEO should not be hampered by past hearsay and nonprovable complaints. If you haven't been arrested or detained then there really is no problem. If you have been 100% honest with your BI info, then let things fall where they may. You can't change the outcome. That being said, you can't make people believe anything, especially LEO's only the facts will be believed. Also statute of limitations runs out after 7 years ... And if nothing from this has happened, then nothing will. And to get the information then I am sure there is a way to request it through the department you applied too. Otherwise a lawyer can help you get the info, but this costs money.  I wish you much success.

Regards

EOS,

I appreciate your response.   Well my polygraph examiner seemed only slightly interested in the issue until I mentioned that the first LEA told me I was a suspect back in February, and was amazed at the fact that with that being said and assumed to be true, I was not investigated/approached/questioned/detained what have you.  At that point, he agreed with me that the way that they had gone about that background interview was slightly unprofessional and not typical.  He said that if that was all based on heresay and no full scale investigation insued, and nobody has talked to me about it since then, then it's probably nothing.
It wasn't a "bad" or "uncomfortable" polygraph session, for being my first one, I was actually comfortable talking to this guy, he seemed to be pretty down to earth and somewhat human.  Although he found it slightly hard to believe that besides that my life has been pretty uneventful, he seemed to kind of laugh at the issue, as if he didn't think it was a big deal.
You said lawyer and got my mind working.  I now remember that my lawyer told me back then that there is no law against talking about killing someone, but, he said, if you talk about it with a time/place/manner then it could be a problem.  But since none of that existed in my case, then there was nothing to worry about.

I guess this falls then under some kind of "moral character" category rather than a criminal thing.

IP Logged

In the process, have one concern about past life

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X