Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) employing countermeasures (Read 17703 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Re: employing countermeasures
Reply #30 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 6:46am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:

Don't you understand that being completely honest doesn't work?!  The times that I decided to be completely honest and spent lots of time with the polygrapher trying to justify my "lies" to the CQs were the times that I failed.  That's what tee'd me off!  The more honest I was, the more I failed!

In response to a question about this post:

Below is a possible example of how to fail a polygraph. (Truth or Fiction - you decide).

If the polygraph gives you the control question, "Have you ever done anything SO BAD in your life, that you would now lie about to keep someone from finding out?"   
If you were completely honest, you would have to answer yes. 
The polygrapher would then ask what it was you did.   
You most likely didn’t have anything specific in mind and would struggle to think of something non-incriminating or character debauching with which to answer.   
No matter what you say, he’s going to go back to the same question, “Have you… out?”
You, still being honest answer yes.
When pressed, you admit that you have nothing specific in mind, but admit that you would probably lie because it is the natural thing to do and you are trying to answer him honestly.
To which you would hear, "Oh, oh... that's no good.  This is a ‘character question’ and lying is not a demonstration of good moral characteristic or a very mature response.  Couldn’t you just refuse to answer such a question?  Wouldn’t that be more mature than lying?
You suppose; yes, I guess it would be.  Now, you’re posed with the same question again, “Have you… out” 
You answer; “No” and in your head continue “I could just refuse to answer.”   
Good, now you feel justified in your answer – even though you know that deep down inside, you’d still just lie to somebody that asked about ________ or embarrassing topic. 
(Lather, Rinse, and Repeat for the other CQs)

Now, if you are a person that is very good at convincing yourself of your own justifications (i.e. This guy is right. I will never lie again, I will just refuse to answer the question because that is the moral and mature response), then you have completely screwed yourself on the polygraph.   
Now, what was supposed to be a lie to the polygrapher, you now believe and think that it is appropriate to answer this way.  Your extreme honesty will cause you to fail.  Whatever your method, the more you are able to justify to yourself your lie to the CQs, the more likely you are to fail the polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Thomas_Delacy
User

Reply #31 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 8:20am
nicely writtin, underlying.. you right.. in lamen terms of what you wrote... When a polygrapher sets you up for a control question... ADMIT less as possible so you can build up a stronger lie... Now if you were moral and self decent you will admit to everything you done which could jeopordize the CM usage! CQ's has to be higer than RQ's THATS THE BEST THEY CAN THINKKK OFF!

He who control's the future, control's the past He who control's the past, control's the future.

IP Logged

User

Reply #32 - Jul 18th, 2006 at 8:23am
To avoid confusion to my last phrase /.. best they can think of is.. "goverment's , law offcials,///.. they do not know how to use thier own witt's on a subject rather they depend on a polygraph.

Do you think when someone passes the polygraph show to the public that this person is innocent ... NO!
Vice Versa
when one fails.. you are looked down upon wheter your innocent or not!!!
polygraphs sometimes dont save peopleee they doo more hurtt .

He who control's the future, control's the past He who control's the past, control's the future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Reply #33 - Jul 23rd, 2006 at 4:42pm
Thomas_Delacy wrote on Jul 18th, 2006 at 8:23am:
To avoid confusion to my last phrase /..

If you don't want people to be confused, try writing something coherent.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antitest
New User

Reply #34 - Jul 23rd, 2006 at 6:48pm
Ok I have read the book a couple times already and I am not sure if I understand it completly. I am having problems understanding the CQ's and RQ's.  I am just asking if someone can give me some expamples of these questions. Also if someone can maybe break down the steps to deply counter measures when a CQ comes up. I read about biting the tounge and anal contractions, as well as mental thoughts, and breathing however I am not sure how to use these or when exactly to use them. To me its just a little confusing and I dont want to mess up the polygraph I have to take this up comming week. If someone can break it down to a counter measures for dummies it would help so I can fully understand what is doing on. 
From what I understand is that when someone is asked a CQ's your objective is to make the chart raise as much as possable then when your asked RQ's and you have to lie the chart wont raise that high. So when your asked a CQ you need to bite your tounge and use sphinctor tension when you answer these quesitons so when and why do you have to use breathing to help raise the chart as well? 
Next if I understand correctly CQ's are used to make you lie right? 
Well these are just some questions I have hopefully someone can help me out before my test. Thanks for your help

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antitest
New User

Reply #35 - Jul 23rd, 2006 at 7:07pm
Ok I read the chapters again and I seen that CQ's are questions like.

1 Have you ever lied to a love one?
2 Have you ever cheated in school?
3 Are you completly trustworthly?

Well I know these are CQ's but how should one answer. Do you answer yes to question one since everyone lies from time to time to a loved one about stupid stuff and deploy counter measuers or do you say no and deploy counter measures.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #36 - Jul 23rd, 2006 at 10:11pm
The polygrapher will coerce you to answer No to these questions.  If you answer yes, he will press you for specifics and then rephrase his question to "other than the things you told me..." until you are "comfortable" answering "No."
You can head off this line of questioning and save yourself some time simply by stating, "well, not about anything serious."  The polygrapher will use the response to CQs to determine your truthfulness regarding the RQs. 
If the response to the CQ > RQ = Pass
If the response to the CQ < RQ = Fail
If the response to the CQ = RQ = Inconclusive

Therefore, you want to artificially elevate your response to the CQs by employing CMs

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yardman43
New User

Reply #37 - Jul 26th, 2006 at 12:33am
I know not to show reaction to the 
>>RQs so when i show a reaction to the CQS its 
>>going to show being deceptive on the control questions. Will the 
>>polygrapher ever  fail you on the test for being deceptive or showing a 
>>reaction to the CQS

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #38 - Jul 26th, 2006 at 2:24am
From TLBTLD

Quote:
Probable-Lie “Control” Questions

In a probable-lie “Control” Question “Test,” the polygrapher will
tell you that you must answer all questions truthfully, but he actually
assumes that you will be deceptive when answering the “control”
questions. He will deceive you about that expectation.

This stuff is all in the FREE online book.

Quote:

If you face an upcoming polygraph “test” and need to learn what to
expect as quickly as possible, you may wish to proceed directly to
Chapters 3 and 4 (p. 86 ff.) and come back to Chapters 1, 2 and 5
later.

IP Logged

User

Reply #39 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 11:22pm
bump  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cesium_133
Senior User

Mendacium est dicere "Animum
tuum lego!"

Reply #40 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 1:49am
Excerpts from a question to me:

>>Now when i took my poly the first thing i did was lie about a number that wrote on paper when we asked if i wrote that number... I did and used breathing blocking and tounge biting method...<<

You don't CM such a question.  That's an irrelevant question, and they don't want or need to see huge spikes on those.  The polyboy will just think you're screwing around with him.

Now the major part of the poly which was right after this was unlike anything that iv read online and the book published on here.. He asked 10 questions 4 different times... There were no control or irrelevant question that i could tell.. All the questions were.   

>>"Are you now telling the truth about all the theft questions"   
Are you now telling the truth about  all the drug questions 
Are you now telling the truth about  all the criminal questions 
Are you now telling the truth about all the alcohol questions<<

This is a pure-relevant test (for lack of a better name), and it is a rare bird.  Polyboys and their handlers don't use it much; they don't like it, as they feel that they need some form of "comparison" to determine if a response trace is true or false.  Never mind they can't divine the truth, anyhow.

The irrelevant question about the number you wrote was not used for comparison.  Even the poly industry has conceded that irrelevants don't raise emotional/BFB levels or have the same psychological gravity as relevants, or even controls.

>>how should i have or could i have used cms more  Was the number lieing question the only control question that he compared my answers to?<<

You should never try to raise a response to an RQ.  Sometimes on straight R/I tests, there -may- be something to producing a slightly different tracing one out of the three times you're asked a question. However, on most R/I's (99%) and this pure RQ test...

You don't want to do mental CMs.  Use behavioral ones... relaxed, at peace in your own mind, positive body language, not ingratiating or defensive.  Since polygraphy is an art under the guise of science, influencing the artist can get you a more desirable portrait.  He might get a feeling that you're a legit person, which could affect his judgment of his lines and blips...

Again, do not mentally CM on this type of test, and never mentally CM relevants or irrelevants (like # questions).  You only CM control questions, the "have you ever lied to your mother" types... Smiley

Polygraphers escaped from among the evils of Pandora's box, which might have been an old analog polygraph... only God can tell whether you're lying or not, and He will judge you in His own time...
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #41 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 7:42am
cesium_133 wrote on Sep 1st, 2006 at 1:49am:
Excerpts from a question to me:

>>Now when i took my poly the first thing i did was lie about a number that wrote on paper when we asked if i wrote that number... I did and used breathing blocking and tounge biting method...<<

You don't CM such a question.  That's an irrelevant question, and they don't want or need to see huge spikes on those.  The polyboy will just think you're screwing around with him.

Actually, that question is not an irrelevant question. It's part of the so-called stim test, also called an acquaintance test. As noted in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, it may be beneficial to create a reaction when "lying" about the number one actually wrote in order to make the polygrapher believe that one is a good candidate for polygraph "testing" and will show a strong response when lying.

That Thomas Delacy supposed this question on the stim test to be a "control" question indicates that he's very confused about polygraph procedure.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cesium_133
Senior User

Mendacium est dicere "Animum
tuum lego!"

Reply #42 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 9:44pm
You're right, George Smiley Thanks.  That's what I get for writing while sleepy |-)

Yes, to those who read this: the number deal, where polyboy writes 1-9 on a piece of paper and has you "lie" about the one you picked, is part of the stim test.  This is a trick the polyboy plays to assure you that you can respond to a lie.  No matter how your trace comes out to the directed misrepresentation (which it really is), he'll very likely tell you that you peaked highly, that you can't tell a lie without your body betraying you.  This is a big screwjob, nothing more, and is part of his bag of tricks.

I agree with George that you might wish to augment your reaction to the number (or card trick, or whatever) stim.  Doing so will produce a larger spike, which the polyman may well take as a good lie tracing.  If so, then your other responses (lie or truth) will have less amplitude and thus will appear less damning.

I would say that if a variation of the question, as "Did you pick 3 earlier?", (assuming you did), were presented again in the meat of the in-test, -that- would be an irrelevant (on a CQT)...

Nice catch of my slip, George... Grin

Polygraphers escaped from among the evils of Pandora's box, which might have been an old analog polygraph... only God can tell whether you're lying or not, and He will judge you in His own time...
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Onesimus
Very Senior User

Reply #43 - Sep 2nd, 2006 at 2:00am
Quote:

That Thomas Delacy supposed this question on the stim test to be a "control" question indicates that he's very confused about polygraph procedure.

Are we sure Thomas Delacy wrote that message?  It's not on his history list and his earlier posts imply that all of the questions he was asked were done three times.  A stim test would not be administered three times.

Below is the relevant quote:

Thomas_Delacy wrote on Jul 16th, 2006 at 8:10am:

key points.. stim wasnt administered and two control questions givin.  test administered 3 times.. was told before taking the test

I admit the writing style is similar to Delacy's posts...  If in fact Delacy wrote that and the question was asked to him three times, it seems like it was being used as a directed lie question.

IP Logged

User

Reply #44 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 5:49pm
Onesimus, as i said in my post of having the test administered. The STIM test was never givin; so this could be in result cause i have told him i was givin a polygraph test before.  The actual polygraph test was givin to me THREE times in random order. About ten questions.
Same control questions was givin in a different order as well; i just dont remember if it was givin after the same question,.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
employing countermeasures

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X