Normal Topic Hoffa Source Passed "Lie Detector" (Read 2664 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Hoffa Source Passed "Lie Detector"
Jun 4th, 2006 at 9:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Sorry if this is a repeat and has already been posted. Having a little trouble keeping up with the site lately. 

Of course, you already know the outcome to this story-- Days of a costly search turns up NOTHING. When is the FBI ever going to learn its lesson not to rely on the polygraph?? How many times must the agency look foolish? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12841274/

Source of new Hoffa lead passed lie detector
FBI searches Michigan farm after ailing inmate recalls suspicious gathering

Paul Sancya / AP
FBI agents and Michigan State University researchers probe outside a horse farm in Milford Township, Mich., on Thursday for clues to the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body.

May 19: A tip from a federal inmate gives FBI agents what may be their best chance yet to crack the mystery of what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. NBC's Anne Thompson reports.

MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The informant who is spurring the search for Jimmy Hoffa’s remains is an ailing prison inmate who recently passed a polygraph exam in the probe, says a government investigator who is familiar with the FBI operation in Michigan.

The informant, Donovan Wells, 75, remembers “suspicious activity” on what is now called Hidden Dreams Farm in Milford Township, Mich., at the time Hoffa disappeared, the investigator said Friday.

The investigator spoke on condition of anonymity because some of the information he was relating comes from records that have been ordered sealed by a federal judge. Among them is an FBI affidavit detailing the basis for the search warrant used to dig up the ground on the horse farm.
A suspicious gathering recalled
On the day Hoffa vanished, the property was owned by Hoffa associate Rolland McMaster, according to Oakland County, Mich., property records. McMaster’s attorney says FBI agents visited the 93-year-old retired Teamster this week.

Hoffa was last seen on July 30, 1975, at the Machus Red Fox Restaurant about 20 miles from the farm, which McMaster owned throughout the 1970s.

As one example of the account Wells is telling the FBI, the investigator said Wells remembers seeing a number of cars on the property at the time Hoffa vanished, and then a short time later the cars were gone.

The information does not involve an eyewitness to the disappearance or a killing, said the investigator.

Regarding Wells and the recent lie detector test, authorities think he believes the story he’s telling, the investigator added.

The Detroit Free Press first reported Wells’ identity Thursday night.

Wells pleaded guilty in 2003 to one count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana, according to records in U.S. District Court in Detroit. He was accused of being part of a drug-trafficking ring and arranging for a truck to transport hundreds of pounds of marijuana from Texas to Michigan. On Jan. 15, 2004, he was sentenced to 120 months in prison.

According to a U.S. Bureau of Prisons Internet site, Wells has been housed at the Federal Medical Center in Lexington, Ky. The site says his projected release date is Dec. 27, 2012.

STORY CONTINUED ON ABOVE LINK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Re: Hoffa Source Passed "Lie Detector"
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 12:46am
polyfool wrote on Jun 4th, 2006 at 9:28pm:
  Of course, you already know the outcome to this story-- Days of a costly search turns up NOTHING. When is the FBI ever going to learn its lesson not to rely on the polygraph?? How many times must the agency look foolish?

And Mr. Polyfool, had the FBI been successful in digging up Hoffa's body, you would have been the first to say, "That doesn't prove anything..."

Does polygraph ever win on this site?  Oh yes, I must continually remind myself, this is the "ANTI-polygraph.org website.

Regards 8)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 1:29am
nonombre wrote on Jun 6th, 2006 at 12:46am:

Does polygraph ever win on this site?  Oh yes, I must continually remind myself, this is the "ANTI-polygraph.org website.

Like my mother always taught me... 
"In the end, cheaters NEVER win."

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 5:37am
nonombre wrote on Jun 6th, 2006 at 12:46am:

And Mr. Polyfool, had the FBI been successful in digging up Hoffa's body, you would have been the first to say, "That doesn't prove anything..."

Regards 8)

Nonombre,

There you go assuming things about me and not getting anything right--typical of polygraph examiners--no surprise there. 

I posed a simple question--how many times is the FBI going to go on a wild goose chase based on someone passing a polygraph? How many times does it have to get burned to learn a lesson? Pure nonsense.

The answer to your question--no, the polygraph will never 
win on this site. The site's creators and posters/visitors  know it's a worthless piece of trash and a total sham.   

I guess I'll hear from you again Nonombre when I post another example of the polygraph's ineptness. Until next time...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 5:30am
polyfool wrote on Jun 6th, 2006 at 5:37am:

The answer to your question--no, the polygraph will never win on this site. The site's creators and posters/visitors  know it's a worthless piece of trash and a total sham....

So therefore neither I, nor any other polygraph examiner should bother to ever offer our point of view on this website again?

So much for Mr. Maschke's "fair and open debate..." Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 3:39pm
nonombre wrote on Jun 7th, 2006 at 5:30am:

As compared to the open debate, say, on the PolygraphPlace.com web site?

I think if we count up the anti-polygraph posts on that site which weren't deleted immediately after being written and compare them to the pro-polygraph posts on this site you would see there is no comparison.

There is no "debate" on that site; there is often a lively one here.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2006 at 3:17am by Sergeant1107 »  

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 7:14pm

So therefore neither I, nor any other polygraph examiner should bother to ever offer our point of view on this website again?

I'd love to see the polygraph examiners that visit this site post a viable rebutle rather than just insults.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2006 at 3:34am

Nonombre,

I didn't say you and other polygraph examiners shouldn't bother to post your opinions and viewpoints on this site. Open, HONEST debate is one of the hallmarks in a free society. I simply said that the polygraph will never win here because the folks on this site are fully aware of its ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hoffa Source Passed "Lie Detector"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X