Normal Topic Failed Fed Sex History (Read 7539 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fedpoly
New User

Failed Fed Sex History
May 18th, 2006 at 6:54am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just failed my 1st sex history polygraph.  I wasn't expecting to pass but the examiner says I got a "-4" on one question regarding past victims (I've never had any victims.) so I failed the whole test.  That doesn't make alot of sense to me.  But that aside.  What kind of consequences can I expect from this?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Re: Failed Fed Sex History
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2006 at 3:19am
What do you mean you "didn't have any victims"? Of course you did. Every sex offender has at least 475 in their lifetime.

That was sarcasm of course.

Fact is, I don't know a single person who 'passed' a history poly. Everybody always has that 'you had some trouble with Question X" report. It makes the polygrapher feel better and gives the PO a chance to hound you about it and to tell you to be forthcoming in treatment about it. So go ahead. Admit that you peeked at your big sister's boobs when you were 10 and she was changing clothes. You know you did it Roll Eyes

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box underlyingtruth
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2006 at 5:39pm
I wouldn't worry too much about a failed SH polygraph.  They'll just make you retake it until you do pass or say you're not making progress.  Throw 'em a bone and they'll be happy.  By random chance, you'll eventually pass.  Or, you could use CMs to make sure you pass.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Just Curious

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:34am
my husband has taken this test 3 times and still not passed it, we dont know what's going on, he's disclosed everything, but only would like to know what CMs are?  I want him to get passed this, way too much money is going on to keep on paying for it.  Thanks for your help

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chuckles
User

Polygraph Survivor

Telling the truth is not enough to pass the history test
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 2:25am
If you go into the exam thinking that all you have to do is tell the truth and you will be okay, you are in trouble. If you want to pass you need to think like a liar. Read "The lie behind the lie detector" and BE READY! Augment your responses to control questions and control your breathing from the moment he hooks you up until the moment he unhooks you. 

Augmenting your responses to control questions and controlling your breathing does not make you dishonest or a liar. It just means that you have studied the science behind the polygraph and know how to pass it.

I like the reply above about admitting that you looked at your sister's boobs one time when she was getting out of the shower. Some kind of admission will appease them and stroke their ego. But be exactly sure what you are and are not going to admit to before you go in there and do not deviate from the plan.

Chuckles

IP Logged

Failed Fed Sex History

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X