Normal Topic Admit prior polygraph? (Read 3779 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mountainman
New User

Admit prior polygraph?
May 4th, 2006 at 4:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am scheduled for a polygraph on Monday for a LE position.  I have had one in the past at a regular non LE job as a pre employment poly.  I passed it even though I had lied about theft.  It was a security position so I thought they would reject me based on having stolen something from a mall before.  Should I admit to having had a polygraph before or will that make the examiner work harder on me knowing I have had experience with one before?  My opinion is that having had one beofre and passed maybe he will assume my truthfulness.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: Admit prior polygraph?
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2006 at 4:59pm
I believe that anyone applying for a position of public trust, such as a job in law enforcement, has an ethical obligation to tell the truth.

If you tell the truth and you are disqualified because of  your prior theft then apply elsewhere.

If you choose to lie on your application to be a police officer I hope you do not get the job.  You are not even out of the gate yet and already you believe that it is acceptable to lie in order to get what you want.  That does not bode well for you having an ethical career in law enforcement.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Mystery
Senior User

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2006 at 6:30pm
I've had plenty of polygraphs.  I've always told them.  It hasn't ever seemed to hurt.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mountainman
New User

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2006 at 8:30pm

Imagine that! It almost seems as if the polygraph won't be able to tell if I am lying, considering all of these guys spend endless hours on an ANTI polygraph website telling people such as my self not to lie. I am not looking for the opinion of a polygrapher so go find something useful to do with your time.  Polygraphy itself is not exactly and "honest" profession now is it?

Sergeant1107 wrote on May 4th, 2006 at 4:59pm:
I believe that anyone applying for a position of public trust, such as a job in law enforcement, has an ethical obligation to tell the truth.

If you tell the truth and you are disqualified because of  your prior theft then apply elsewhere.

If you choose to lie on your application to be a police officer I hope you do not get the job.  You are not even out of the gate yet and already you believe that it is acceptable to lie in order to get what you want.  That does not bode well for you having an ethical career in law enforcement.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2006 at 1:11am
mountainman wrote on May 4th, 2006 at 8:30pm:

Imagine that! It almost seems as if the polygraph won't be able to tell if I am lying, considering all of these guys spend endless hours on an ANTI polygraph website telling people such as my self not to lie. I am not looking for the opinion of a polygrapher so go find something useful to do with your time.  Polygraphy itself is not exactly and "honest" profession now is it?

You might wish to spend a few minutes perusing some or all of my previous posts.

If you had done so before posting you would have known I am not a polygraph examiner.

I am, however, in law enforcement and I believe it to be an honest profession.  If you are planning to lie in order to get what you want you will almost certainly get yourself and your co-workers jammed up as a police officer.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tarlain
Senior User

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:21pm
mountainman,

did you ever stop for 3 seconds, set aside your assumptions, and consider the fact that your lack of integrity is what appalled Sergeant1107?  I read 2 posts...one where you plan on lying on an LE application.  The second post, you berate someone on a false assumption because they gave you some damn good advice.  You might want to wait a while longer.  It certainly appears that you lack the maturity to be in LE.  And before you begin...check my posts...I am DEFINATELY not a polygrapher.  Grin

IP Logged

Admit prior polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X