Normal Topic CVSA CONCER AND QUESTION (Read 5934 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ALIENEYED
New User

CVSA CONCER AND QUESTION
Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,  in a few days i will take a cvsa for a police dispatcer job.  I am an honest person and really look forward to the opportunity.  I have some concerns,  i have used some drugs in the past (nothing serious) but other than that i have nothing to worry about.  I need to pass this test, it will be grea for me and my family.   does anyone have any idea of what type of questions will be asked?  also, i have read in other posts that to fool the test you can answer all control questions by modulating your breathing and answer all relevant questions in the same breathing pattern (like on an exhale).  but, if asked a question like "is elvis presley your father"  is this considered a control question, the answer of "no" would be the same answer i would give if asked if iv ever done any illegal drugs.  So should a question like this be consided a control question?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: CVSA CONCER AND QUESTION
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:38pm
There is no evidence that altering one's breathing effects the outcome of a CVSA "test" in any way.  While polygraph chart readings are easily manipulated in the examinees favor through the use of simple countermeasures, this does not seem to be the case with regard to CVSA. Trying to countermeasure the CVSA is more akin to trying to countermeasure a coin toss.

If I were in your shoes, I would breathe normally and not worry about which questions are relevant, irrelevant, or "control." Remember, CVSA has no validity whatsoever. It's merely an interrogational prop intended to get admissions from you. If you'd like, I could e-mail you Chapter 7 of the CVSA operator's manual, which covers pre-employment "testing." If you'd like to receive it, please send me your e-mail address by private message through this board.

One thing that might help is to avoid behavior that could tend to make you "look" deceptive in the interrogator's mind. To that extent, the behavioral (and only the behavioral) countermeasures outlined in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector may be helpful.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dchozn1
New User

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 9:43am
I'd like acopy of chapter 7. you still available to send it?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 9:50am
dchozn1 wrote on Jun 1st, 2006 at 9:43am:
I'd like acopy of chapter 7. you still available to send it?

If you send me a private message with your e-mail address, I'll be happy to pass it along.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

CVSA CONCER AND QUESTION

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X