Normal Topic How Many Times? (Read 4649 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kumsum
New User

How Many Times?
Apr 12th, 2006 at 4:20am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Grin
How many times will a person be asked to take a polygraph? I have taken six polygraphs and have had one supplemental interview. Until recently, I was never told specifically what questions were causing problems. When they finally told me the failing questions I was very surprised. I have never been involved with any of the activities they are implying. During my first polygraph after the CI, section the operator said that there was a “problem” with the polygraph. The operator then placed his chair very close to me proceeded to question me and have me explain the problem. How do you “explain” a problem when you have NEVER had a problem with anything concerning CI matters? I have tried to remain calm during the subsequent polygraph session, but at some point, I become agitated and I am told it is not going well. I have not done anything improper or have I committed any crimes. My background is solid and my home life great. At each session, I feel they are trying to wear me down – I will not admit to something I have not done. What should I do? Write my Congressman? I don’t want to give up but I am quickly approaching the point of “ to hell with those people!”

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: How Many Times?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 7:07pm
When you say you have "taken six polygraphs," do you mean that you had polygraph sessions on six different days? Or do you mean that you sat for six series of polygraph questions? The former would be unusual with any federal agency. The latter might not be.

In any event, polygraphy is quackery, and you just might want to say "to hell" with any agency stupid, incompetent, and corrupt enough to rely on it to assess your honesty and integrity.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 10:17pm
Tongue
I have hooked up on six different times. This has been going on for over a year. Most of my fellow workers had to go three times

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2006 at 8:23pm
Would your polygraph sessions by any chance have been for the NSA? Their polygraph unit routinely requires examinees to sit for as many as three sessions. However, according to the NSA's polygraph regulation, "a fourth examination will be made only by the Director of Security.  Any examination beyond that must be approved by the Deputy Director for Administration."

I think writing to your congressman (and senators!) is an idea you might seriously want to consider.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 4:01am
Undecided
I cannot comment on which government entity is conducting the polygraph. Why does taking more than three polygraphs require higher authority at the NSA?
I don’t understand why they keep bringing me back. They have had ample time to investigate and confirm my background. I lead a very humdrum life and like it that way.

From the description of the various tests on your site, it appears that they have given me every form of test. For some reason they think I am hiding some deep dark secret in my life but I am not.

Again, I am confused as to why they keep bringing me back. Can’t they make a determination? 

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 11:10am
The NSA's polygraph regulation doesn't explain why special authorization is required to conduct more than three polygraph sessions. I suppose it's to manage the workload. It would seem that if an applicant hasn't been "cleared" by the third session, he/she can be rejected unless someone at a higher level allows for further "testing."

I don't know why they keep bringing you back for additional "testing." Unfortunately, undereducated security officials all too often genuinely believe in polygraphy, and it is possible (though I don't know how probable) that you have become the subject of an espionage investigation based on your polygraph results (as happened to former FBI Special Agent Mark Mallah).

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSAreject
Senior User

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 9:36pm
I had to take 5, for my CI poly update; they were
hoping that I had done some computer hacking.  Also,
it is a  ruse, to make you think the polys work - and
remember, you are dealing with a bunch of paranoid
and dysfunctional polygraphers at NSA (I guess they
want to keep the aura that working there is such a big
deal)...

IP Logged

How Many Times?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X