Normal Topic Got the job (Read 3164 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mos13fox
New User

Got the job
Mar 25th, 2006 at 2:56am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Earlier I posted the story of my poly and how that all went. I passed as was expected from what the examiner said. Then I took a physical this week and was informed this morning that I will meet with the chief of police on monday at which time I will be able to accept or reject his offer of employment.

Then training starts soon.

From my experience the polygraph was not a significant hurdle. However, I think alot of the pressure about it was taken off of me before the actual test by the way I had handled questions in the interviews before the polygraph.

Seems to me people get in trouble with these "lie detector test" because they make the mistake of admitting to being deceptive or admitting to things that they fear will be revealed during the interrogation.

My test went smoothly because I refused to give my examiner any of these little hooks to get into and pull anymore out of me then I wanted him to know. As far as I am concerned I was honest and my record and a polygraph back that up.   

If you have to take one for employement or whatever reason, keep in mind that your life experiences are your personal property. No machine can strip these things from your mind without you letting them out.

If you stick to your guns and refuse to waiver from your assertions, regardless of being nervous or holding back emabarrassing revelations about your personal choices or lifestyle, you're not lying so much as you are just telling the powers that be to mind their own damn business.

Let your record speak for itself, and if wavy lines keep you from what you want out of life, drive on till enough people become as fed up with nosy guessing games as most people in here already are.

Be well and God's speed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: Got the job
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 7:03am
mos13Fox,

Very insightful post, with alot of quality rational thought.
Its good to have another intellect of worth on this board.

Welcome and Regards

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antrella
User

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 9:14pm
mos13fox wrote on Mar 25th, 2006 at 2:56am:
Earlier I posted the story of my poly and how that all went. I passed as was expected from what the examiner said. Then I took a physical this week and was informed this morning that I will meet with the chief of police on monday at which time I will be able to accept or reject his offer of employment.

Then training starts soon.

From my experience the polygraph was not a significant hurdle. However, I think alot of the pressure about it was taken off of me before the actual test by the way I had handled questions in the interviews before the polygraph.

Seems to me people get in trouble with these "lie detector test" because they make the mistake of admitting to being deceptive or admitting to things that they fear will be revealed during the interrogation.

My test went smoothly because I refused to give my examiner any of these little hooks to get into and pull anymore out of me then I wanted him to know. As far as I am concerned I was honest and my record and a polygraph back that up.   

If you have to take one for employement or whatever reason, keep in mind that your life experiences are your personal property. No machine can strip these things from your mind without you letting them out.

If you stick to your guns and refuse to waiver from your assertions, regardless of being nervous or holding back emabarrassing revelations about your personal choices or lifestyle, you're not lying so much as you are just telling the powers that be to mind their own damn business.

Let your record speak for itself, and if wavy lines keep you from what you want out of life, drive on till enough people become as fed up with nosy guessing games as most people in here already are.

Be well and God's speed.

Awesome post, great points. Good luck and Godspeed to you as well mos.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box magnetar
New User

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 11:09am
Great and congrats...you will do very well...thumbs up!!! 8)

Magnetar - is a neutron star with an extremely strong magnetic field, the decay of which powers the emission of copious amounts of high-energy electromagnetic radiation, particularly X-rays and gamma-rays. Wikipedia.org (2006)

IP Logged

Got the job

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X