Normal Topic when the polygraphist lies... (Read 1512 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gotcha
New User

when the polygraphist lies...
Feb 25th, 2006 at 1:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
sad but true. my fiance was cheating on me with my friends (i had this reliably confirmed). she denied any wrongdoing out of hand and i decided to end our engagement. SHE decided and insisted on sitting for a polygraph test. we selected a 'reputable' examiner, MR BRUCE BURGESS  in the UK. 

she passed but [two sentences redacted*].   

this examiner happens to be a member of the american polygraph association. what kind of recourse is available to those who have been deceived not only by their partners but by the examiner himself?

*The two sentences redacted here included unsubstantiated speculation and innuendo that seem to violate AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy against, among other things, false or defamatory statements.

On 3 May 2006, Bruce Burgess contacted AntiPolygraph.org stating that "[t]his message includes untrue and libellous comments against [him]" and demanding that the message be removed.  An attempt was made to contact the anonymous author of this post, but after four days, no response was received.

That portion of this post not in keeping with AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy has been redacted. We see no evidence that Mr. Burgess did anything improper.

--AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2006 at 7:50am by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Johnn
Very Senior User

Re: when the polygraphist lies...
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 7:35pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
First off, I"m very sorry for what happened to you.

But I'm unclear as to why you are surprised by the polygrapher lying - their job is to lie - that's the whole point of the test - to trick you.  So it's not surprising that most polygraphers are of the type who would cheat and lie - they must feel above the law.  They gain that self-confidence that propels them to lie without a conscience when they know their important work involves turning people's lives around based on their common perceptions, which is as good as the average joe's.

Frankly, I would seek legal advice - especially since you have proof.  I would also report Bruce to the authorities and write a letter to the association he belongs to.

IP Logged

when the polygraphist lies...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X