Normal Topic CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thefts (Read 6110 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thefts
Feb 9th, 2006 at 5:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Dear Readers,

I am surprised that no one has mentioned a mid-level CIA employee who was cornered by two women and a child after he just was caught in the act of robbing her house during the day near Washington, D.C..

This employee is currently under suspicion for over fifteen house break-ins.

The heck with spies, they are having a hard time just trying to  prevent petty stealing in the CIA.  Guess the pay is not enough to keep a guy honest.

It is amazing how the newstories just "disappeared" from publicity after yesterday's broadcast on local Virginia TV stations.

I think the CIA is a little sensitive about this one.  I know I would be a red faced about this if I was a supervisor touting how good my employment screening is.

Regards.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2006 at 2:55pm by Fair Chance »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thiefts
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 7:47am
Just wanted to add the link for the story:

I saw it earlier in the day, and knew someone would post it. 

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=4472773&nav=23ii

Missed another bad apple did we boys ??? Another great example of the polygraphs accuracy.   

Regards

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box azman
Ex Member

Re: CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thiefts
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 7:57am
Cheer--Cheer---Cheer----America is falling?   NOT

IP Logged

God Member

Re: CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thefts
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 2:52pm
Azman,

This post was not about America falling.  This post was yet another example that every agency can have a bad apple and the use of polygraph pre-screening does not prevent such bad apples from happening.  

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 4:51pm
i went through the CIAs psych screening many years ago. All you can be sure about CIA folks from their screening is not that they are thieves or not but that they dont mastubate in front of farm animals and they havent smoked pot in years.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 4:48am
Quote:
Dear Readers,

I am surprised that no one has mentioned a mid-level CIA employee who was cornered by two women and a child after he just was caught in the act of robbing her house during the day near Washington, D.C..

This employee is currently under suspicion for over fifteen house break-ins.

The heck with spies, they are having a hard time just trying to  prevent petty stealing in the CIA.  Guess the pay is not enough to keep a guy honest.

It is amazing how the newstories just "disappeared" from publicity after yesterday's broadcast on local Virginia TV stations.

I think the CIA is a little sensitive about this one.  I know I would be a red faced about this if I was a supervisor touting how good my employment screening is.

Regards.

Fair Chance, 

Although, I didn't see a broadcast of this story, I did read about it in the newspaper either yesterday or Tuesday--can't quite recall? I remember a quote in it about how surprised Fairfax County police were that this employee was able to carry out all this crime while working full-time for the CIA. If my memory serves me correctly, I think police were able to zero in on the suspect, after the woman and her child ran outside flagged down a car and were able to get his tag number--I think that's how it went? Quite a story, indeed. I wish I could remember which paper wrote the story or if it was distributed through a wire service, so I could post it because it has a little more info. than the WAVY-TV post, but I read it way too fast. Another shining example of pre-employment polygraph screening at work. 

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 5:52am
EosJupiter,

Thank you for the exact link that I was searching for.  My intention for even mentioning this link is that even after polygraph examination and background checks, people can go bad or be bad and still slip through the cracks.

I will argue that the same amount of people go bad with or without the polygraph but the good applicants lost through false positives are costly in dollars and personal reputations.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 7:20am
Fair Chance,

My Pleasure ... 

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 5:00pm
A polygraph doesn't predict a person's future behavior.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 7:51pm
Retcopper,

You write:

Quote:

A polygraph doesn't predict a person's future behavior.   

You are quite correct.  Polygraphy (in the various forms/formats in which it is typically utilized)  and those who employ it can not be held accountable for its not being able to predict the future--only for using a technique which has no diagnostic validity for elucidating the past.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Persil_White
New User

Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 8:58pm
I'm sure the polygraph operator just failed to ask the right questions "Have you ever stolen 1000 pairs of women's underwear?", for instance.

He is said to be an Admin type -- The Office of Security is in the Directorate of Support.  Is HE a polygraph operator himself?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 9:55pm
Drew:

I have had much success using the polygraph to clear up discrepancies and lies in applicants and suspects. Polygraphy is certainly not 100% foolproof but it is very close and it  is a good tool for investigations and screening applicants.. Just as you present scientific studies debasing the accuracy of the polygrah, the polygrpah industry can present scientific studies  supporting polygraphy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 11:34pm
Retcopper,

If you feel that you have the educational background to discuss any scientific foundation that you believe exists for polygraph screening, I'd be happy to engage in such a discussion.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 2:57am
retcopper wrote on Feb 13th, 2006 at 9:55pm:
Drew:

I have had much success using the polygraph to clear up discrepancies and lies in applicants and suspects. Polygraphy is certainly not 100% foolproof but it is very close and it  is a good tool for investigations and screening applicants.. Just as you present scientific studies debasing the accuracy of the polygrah, the polygrpah industry can present scientific studies  supporting polygraphy.

If you are aware of any scientific studies supporting polygraphy perhaps you could cite them occasionally in your posts.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

CIA Employee in Washington D.C. Area Thefts

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X