Normal Topic Need help George! - CIA (Read 4121 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr_X
New User

Need help George! - CIA
Jan 6th, 2006 at 2:38am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am currently going through the processing for the CIA. I was discharged some years back from the military. I received a "Personality Disorder" under Honorable conditions. Will the CIA disqualify me from this for further processing? I do not have a history for this, I did hold a security clearance while in. Should I openly tell them or have them find out later? I know that the DOD will probably disqualify me, but I am not sure. I could use the help George.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2006 at 2:44am by Mr_X »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Need help George! - CIA
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 9:27pm
Mr X,

I'm no expert on CIA hiring policies, and I don't know for sure whether an eight-year-old "personality disorder" discharge will preclude you from employment with the Agency. But I suspect it will be highly prejudicial.

If you have a low tolerance for lies and deceit, you may wish to consider whether you're willing to submit to CIA polygraph interrogations. The polygraph is based on lies, and you can expect to be treated to this fraudulent ritual every five years if you are ultimately offered and accept CIA employment. See the CIA-related statements on the Personal Statements page for examples of the sort of treatment you may encounter.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 12:47am
I'm afraid I'm unable to offer you any advice in this regard.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyrized
User

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2006 at 10:38am
A personality disorder diagnosis will be looked upon as a 'suitability issue' and will have a strong and negative impact upon potential hiring.

If they really want you they might have their psychologists review the case and interview you personally - or, since they have lots of other applicants/recruits, just decide it isn't worth the time.

Military discharges for personality disorder are typically administrative in nature and reflect the person had personality problems which kept them from meeting their military commitment/obligation.  Such personality traits are considered to be ingrained and not subject to appreciable change over time.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box opp
Senior User

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 12:47am
Mr X,

I don't know what the CIA policy is on personality disorder but it may hurt your chances. They may determine that if your personality was a problem in the military, it most certainly can be a problem for them. By the way, the DD214 was the first document the investigator asked me to present when I met with him. Try not to lie on the SF86 because the concequences can be severe. Good luck

Opp

IP Logged

Need help George! - CIA

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X