Normal Topic Always Assumed to be a liar? (Read 1682 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rogets
New User

Always Assumed to be a liar?
Dec 10th, 2005 at 3:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
LVMPD POLYGRAPH TEST First Round 
I am already involved in Public Service.  I am a Fire Fighter.  I have decided to switch to law enforcement and this was my first experience with this type of test.  I ranked in the top 5% of my test group for the oral board,written,and video exams.  There were 400 in my test block.

I have never researched this subject before undergoing my first poly.  Now I find that the experience I had was not unique and is actually eerily similiar to others I have read about recently.  I was accused of not following instructions.  Apparently my disobedience involved the manner in which I was breathing.  First--I was breathing too slow. Second--I was breathing too fast.  From what I have read this is a clasic scenario.  Another similarity involved the question of illegal drug use within the last 3 years.  I was told that I was being intentionally deceptive.  I swear on my dead Father's grave that I have not used any illegal substance since 1995.  I smoked weed a few times in college between 1993 and 1995.  The tester told me that I was being untruthful and questioned me about what I was thinking when the question was asked.  I was actually singing 'hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle' in my head. But, I did not want to tell the tester that!  I was told I had failed and was untestable due to my unwillingness to follow instructions to breath in a normal manner.  I also was told that I moved to much. So anyway---breathing effects your test and you most likely will be accussed of lying about either your sexual history or your drug usage.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smokey
Ex Member

Re: Always Assumed to be a liar?
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2005 at 9:58pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

rogets wrote on Dec 10th, 2005 at 3:03pm:
LVMPD POLYGRAPH TEST First Round 
I am already involved in Public Service.  I am a Fire Fighter.  I have decided to switch to law enforcement and this was my first experience with this type of test.  I ranked in the top 5% of my test group for the oral board,written,and video exams.  There were 400 in my test block.

I have never researched this subject before undergoing my first poly.  Now I find that the experience I had was not unique and is actually eerily similiar to others I have read about recently.  I was accused of not following instructions.  Apparently my disobedience involved the manner in which I was breathing.  First--I was breathing too slow. Second--I was breathing too fast.  From what I have read this is a clasic scenario.  Another similarity involved the question of illegal drug use within the last 3 years.  I was told that I was being intentionally deceptive.  I swear on my dead Father's grave that I have not used any illegal substance since 1995.  I smoked weed a few times in college between 1993 and 1995.  The tester told me that I was being untruthful and questioned me about what I was thinking when the question was asked.  I was actually singing 'hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle' in my head. But, I did not want to tell the tester that!  I was told I had failed and was untestable due to my unwillingness to follow instructions to breath in a normal manner.  I also was told that I moved to much. So anyway---breathing effects your test and you most likely will be accussed of lying about either your sexual history or your drug usage.  Good luck.

Wow, that polygrapher must hve been sharp to detect those"breathing countermeasures"  and to be certain enough to fail you.  Sounds like someone needs to call that examiner and see if they may be up to the countermeasure challange if he or she thinks they are sharp enough at it to screw up someone's potential offer of employment...............

IP Logged

Always Assumed to be a liar?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X