Normal Topic Breathing... (Read 1612 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box El_Gringo_Pao
New User

Me carga a la polygraph...Exa
miners live a lie!!!

Breathing...
Dec 8th, 2005 at 1:39am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
   Perhaps you all know me from the last post I made while I was in South America. After returning to the States, my mother talked me into retaking the polygraph without anyone knowing(other than my stepfather, my mother, the polygrapher and I). The plan is that if I pass this Poly we will have something to show my uncle in contrast to the first test I submited to.
   I began the process of my first Poly just today. However, before my return to the States I had an accident in which my nose had been fractured and the nasal cavity had filled up with blood. It's been 13 days now since the incident, and still there is blood running down the back of my throat. During the second Poly; I sniffed only once in between questioning, but prior to preparing for the questions I had to clear my nose and throat in order that this would not interfere with the testing. After the first set of questions, I asked the polygrapher if sniffing would effect the results because I had done so once during the test. He respnded that he had noticed that I had done so a few times, but he did not think it would be a problem. He then told me to prepare once again for the second set of question. After clearing my throat one more time, he stopped the testing and explained that this was obviously a problem. He also stated that he noticed this was probably the cause of my controlled breathing and that he had to follow a code of ethics. Due to this conflict with my nose and breathing, the polygrapher did not administer the test. On top of that, he is charging even more money for his time once I atempt to take the test another day.
    Anyway, breathing seemed to be something I had a problem with during my last test and even now. I think maybe I am too focused on my breathing to the point that it seems that it is controlled. Man. I hate this whole ordeal, but it seems like the only thing to do. My uncle has a test that shows that I failed 98 percent, and I need a passing test just so that I can even make a dent in my family's mind that these test are not credible enough as proof of a crime. I did not take that money from my great grandparents, and I don't want to have to wait until they have passed away and the money is found in order to prove my innocence. 
    I am definitely more lost as to what to do. The only reason I even considered to retake the exam is because this whole event has not only effected my life, but the lifes of the ones around me that I care for. Nonetheless, this test is costing my mother a lot of money(400 bucks), and if I fail it again...what then? And if I refuse to take the test it will cost a cancelation fee, and time that has already been spent on this will have been lost.
    Can someone please offer me some advice?

J.W._El_Gringo@hotmail.com
AIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rogets
New User

Re: Breathing...
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 11:32am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Just so you know I recently took my first poly and was stopped for 'controlled breathing '.  I was Breathing slowly in a relaxed manner.  The test was restarted. I was then stopped again after a few questions for 'controlled breathing'. This time I was breathing to quikly and the tester asked why I was trying to hyperventilate.  I was failed on the poly because of being untestable at the time because I would not 'follow instructions'.  I t is pretty difficult to just relax---but not to much----or not totally freak out because it should not be a stressful event---but it is.  Apparently your normal resperation rate is approx. 20 cycles per mintute.  Mine went from 9 cycles to 30 cycles.

IP Logged

Breathing...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X