Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NSA Polygraphers Named (Read 37220 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

NSA Polygraphers Named
Dec 3rd, 2005 at 8:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
An organizational directory of the National Security Agency's Office of Personnel Security posted on-line by independent journalist Wayne Madsen names, among others, the NSA's polygraph staff. Although the directory dates to January 2005, Mr. Madsen reports in December 2005 that according to informed sources, the information in the directory "remains relatively up-to-date":

For ease of reading, the text associated with Section Q21 is reproduced here. CH=Chief, D/Ch=Deputy Chief, TD=Technical Director:

Q21
Investigations and Polygraph

CH: James G. Hopkins
D/Ch, Investigations: Anne C. Herzich
D/Ch, Polygraph: Joseph W. Pugh
TD, Polygraph: Daniel H. Baxter
Spec Assist, Polygraph: Lorry Ginovsky

Background Investigations/RIPs

Q211- Patricia H. Brown
Q213- Kemper W. Moog
Q21A- Elizabeth A. Mangano
Q21B- A. Gregory Bover
Q21C- Robert J. Amrhein
Q21D- Anita Johnson
Q21E (TBD)

Special Investigations

Q212- Thomas B. McClay

Polygraph

Q214- Daniel R. Hiltz
Q215- Jacqueline R. Clark
Q216- Bradley S. Day
Q217- William R. Stevenson
Q218- Christopher E. Powell
Q219- William D. King
Q210- [sic] Andrew Pecoraro
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2020 at 4:46pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Re: NSA Polygraphers Named
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 10:57pm
Quote:
An organizational directory of the National Security Agency's Office of Personnel Security posted on-line by independent journalist Wayne Madsen names, among others, the NSA's polygraph staff. Although the directory dates to January 2005, Mr. Madsen reports in December 2005 that according to informed sources, the information in the directory "remains relatively up-to-date":

Mr. Maschke,

I'm curious as to Wayne Madsen's and your motivation in identifying NSA security officers by name (polygraph examiners and others).  I don't know about you, but I am uncomfortable revealing what many would consider very sensitive information.

Nonombre Shocked

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 11:43pm
well, you could give them code names like Liar #1, Liar #2, Liar#3 etc.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 12:18am
nonombre wrote on Dec 4th, 2005 at 10:57pm:

Mr. Maschke,

I'm curious as to Wayne Madsen's and your motivation in identifying NSA security officers by name (polygraph examiners and others).  I don't know about you, but I am uncomfortable revealing what many would consider very sensitive information.

Nonombre Shocked

Nonombre,

The members of the NSA's polygraph unit routinely make false accusations of deception -- using a technique (R&I) that has been discredited for decades even if polygraph circles -- and face no consequences for so doing. They have been heretofore had the added luxury of operating from behind a veil of anonymity. My purpose here is to name and shame them.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 2:20am
Quote:

Nonombre,

The members of the NSA's polygraph unit routinely make false accusations of deception -- using a technique (R&I) that has been discredited for decades even if polygraph circles -- and face no consequences for so doing. They have been heretofore had the added luxury of operating from behind a veil of anonymity. My purpose here is to name and shame them.

Mr. Maschke,

I do not know if I would buy the arguement that these intelligence personnel wake up each morning contemplating the "false accusations" they plan to make that particular day.  However, I believe the more important question right now is:

Aren't these people intelligence officers of the United States government?  As such, I would suspect they travel and operate if not always covertly, at least "low profile?"

I fear that by this reporter and now you publicly identifying them, you may have in fact endangered these agents ability to operate, their very lives, and perhaps national security as well.

What about the security officers you identified who are not even polygraph examiners?  Are they to suffer by association?

Seems to me to be to steep a price to pay.   

Regards,

Nonombre

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lookingforajob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:32am
Oh please. Polygraphers are not covert employees. We could all find out the names of our polygraphers through FOIA anyway. George is just cutting through some red tape. More power to him.

And as for endangering their lives, give me a break. If anyone wanted to target NSA employees, all they'd have to do is sit outside the entrance and wait, like that shooter did with the CIA a while back. Otherwise, their lives aren't any more endangered that the rest of the world's.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 3:54am
Quote:
Oh please. Polygraphers are not covert employees. ...their lives aren't any more endangered that the rest of the world's.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.  First of all, I understand that some of the polygraph examiners in the U.S. government are indeed in a covert status.  Secondly, how would you like to be in a group of tourists taken hostage and the hostage takers figure out that you are an NSA employee?

Please understand, these people don't know the difference between CIA and NSA, they don't know and don't care who may or may not be "covert," or exactly what your job may be.  As an employee of any U.S. government intelligence agency, you are an immediate and highly desirable target.  You are an "American spy," pure and simple. 

Can you spell dead? 

And that is why I am highly troubled by the public posting of these intelligence officer's names.  Just because you can get something through FOIA does not mean you should post it all over the internet.  That is just plain stupid.

Nonombre

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mustbaliar
Senior User

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 7:46am
There are no visible markings on this document to identify it as sensitive or classified.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smokey
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 11:55am
Quote:
I am willing to bet have never done anything to hurt you or risk the lives of you or your family. 

That is because George has probably never had to go through any of those individuals for a ploygraph.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I am uncomfortable revealing what many would consider very sensitive information.

If it was that sensitive it, more than likely, wouldn't be accessible from the public internet.   

Let me just clear myself by saying that I am not totally against polygraphing for suspected criminals, as the interrigation may get the truth out if he'she is guilty, but pre employment interrogation in LE jobs?  COME ON.  Regular applicants trying to get a job to perform a good deed service to one's community should have to go through that humiliation and disrespect.  NO ONE IS PERFECT!.  I know that this paragraph don't have nothing to do with this topic, but in came to mind and I needed to get that off my chest.   

-Smokey

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSAreject
Senior User

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:58pm
The NSA sells hats, sweatshirts, etc., with NSA logos,
to its employees/contractors.  The whole NSA aura is
way overblown, anyway;  I worked there for many
years, and it was pretty humdrum.  If you want
interesting work, at least from an IT perspective, get
a CIA clearance, at some level (not all work is
TS/SCI/Poly; a DoD Secret will transfer over, if
everyone is a U.S. citizen).  The only ones that I would
consider as "agents", are those in CIA/DDO positions.
Cleared NSA personnel just have access to NSAnet,
(unless briefed onto something particularily sensitive)
which doesn't contain anything of real interest...
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2005 at 7:43pm by NSAreject »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 5:40pm
Nonombre thinks they are endangered because he puts all these examiners on a high pedestal.  I can understand his feelings of wanting to protect his "own kind", that is birds of a feather flock together.  But, in this case, birds of a feather lie together.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 1:36am
mustbaliar wrote on Dec 5th, 2005 at 7:46am:
There are no visible markings on this document to identify it as sensitive or classified.

Mustbaliar,

I am sure you are correct and there are no such markings.  However, that is still no excuse for posting those names on this or any other website.

After all, how about we get our hands on all the unclassified NSA personnel rosters we can find and publish all those thousands of names on the front page of the Kabul Times....??

Sound ridiculous?  That is exactly what that reporter did when he published the names of the NSA Intelligence officers.  Any by the way, I am not "Putting polygraph examiners on a pedestal. "  If you remember, this idiot from the media published the names of a number of non-polygraph intelligence officers as well.  I still cannot believe that George Maschke as a former member of the U.S. intelligence community made a bad situation worse by publishing those names on his website.

Nonombre

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:21am
Madsen points out that the directory is marked "For Official Use Only." Which means it's unclassified. None of the personnel on the roster are undercover agents.

Indeed, two of the NSA polygraphers named (Lorry Ginovsky and Daniel Baxter) are officers of the Maryland Polygraph Association and have publicly listed not only their names, but also their home and personal e-mail addresses as well as their office phone number: (410) 854-6363.

While I appreciate the security concerns expressed by NoNombre, I believe they are greatly overstated.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:54pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jtsmit
New User

Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:34am
George,

I'm no fan of the polygraph, and eagerly await the day that it is abolished for employee screening purposes.  In that regard, I think that you and this site have done good work.  I have to tell you, though, that I think that your posting the names of NSA personnel on your site can serve no other purpose than to endanger these individuals.  To be honest, I also question your motives for doing this.  Shame on you!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Smokey
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:49am
jtsmit wrote on Dec 6th, 2005 at 10:34am:
George,

I have to tell you, though, that I think that your posting the names of NSA personnel on your site can serve no other purpose than to endanger these individuals.  To be honest, I also question your motives for doing this.  Shame on you!

Yeah, that was probably pushing the envalope a little bit.   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
NSA Polygraphers Named

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X