Normal Topic Update on my situation (Read 7526 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box railroaded
New User

Update on my situation
Nov 8th, 2005 at 3:38pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Before I give the update let me state MY polygraph policy...DON'T TAKE A POLYGRAPH!

As I said in my previous posts, I was falsely accused of something terrible..."touching" a child inappropriately.

The investigators on the case asked me to take a polygraph...which I agreed to do.  Then I found this site and read about false positives and biased examiners and "coin-flip chance" and decided NOT to take the polygraph.

The investigation went on for many months...a search warrant was served and my computers and cameras and CDs and computer games and printers and scanners were all removed from my home (and I still have not recovered them).

Fliers were posted in my neighborhood on several occasions with MY FULL NAME and ADDRESS on them...identifying me as an "accused child molester".

My children were interviewed by DCFS and State's Attorney investigators.  During the interviews the investigators said to my children "we just want to stop whoever is hurting you...tell me about your father".

I was marked as a pariah in the town I live in...except for my immediate neighbors who have known me for years and stood by me throughout this ordeal.

My wife's friends ostracized her after their children were interviewed.  I was fired from my job when the investigators showed up to copy the harddrive of my computer.  I couldn't sleep for 6 months...lost 30 pounds...had to MOVE my family out of the town we lived in.

Thank God my wife stood by me through the entire investigation.  Thoughts of suicide were never far from my mind, but were quickly chased away by the image of my children growing up without a father.

Finally the investigation concluded.  It was determined that my children lived in a loving and secure home, free of any deviant behavior.

It was determined that the accusations by the "victim" (or "victims" as I heard from random people in the streets) were unfounded.

Never once did any investigator tell me specifically what I was accused of or who was accusing me!  I lost my life savings to an attorney and to a move that I did not want.

My attorney...after assessing my demeanor in our meetings (I was a nervous wreck...often very emotional)...was adamant that had I taken the polygraph I would have failed and would have been arrested and thrown in prison.  He put my chances of passing at 0% regardless of my veracity during the "test".

So now I have moved my wife and family away from our hometown.  I get a fresh start so-to-speak.  But I am scarred...emotionally and psychologically.  But I am educated.  Educated about polygraphy...the legal system...false accusations....etc.

And I will never stop telling the people I meet about the lie behind the lie detector.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2005 at 3:54pm by railroaded »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Update on my situation
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2005 at 12:26am
railroaded

Are you now planning a damage lawsuit or are you just going to forget what happened and HOPE everyone else does?

You have an excellent case and you need to recover your good name and monetary losses. If you don't send a message, by legal action, This thing will probably follow you the rest of your life.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2005 at 4:56am
Railroaded,

Best of luck in yours and your family's future.  Hopefully time will help to lessen the pain which has been incurred.  I echo the statements above as written by Twoblock.

Good luck and best wishes.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 8:58pm
Railroaded,

I can empathize with you in your anger and your feeling of helplessness.  Prosecutors have and seemingly will twist what they feel is their truth to make things work in their favor.  Sadly, our legal system is based not solely on truth or justice but who is willing to pay whatever it takes to clear falsified information and accusations without thought of cost.   Government has more money than the average person has to fight in court, so the prosecutors can lie and cheat at your expense.   The accused always seems to lose even if they are found not guilty.   
   I hope that you can find a way to "get back" at those who have pointed their finger at you and your family.  Time and distance can slowly help you diffuse your anger.  I truly wish you well and know that there are those who really wish you well.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hoopmump
New User

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 11:24pm
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Railroaded lies - he knows that he won't proceed w/ a suit because he doesn't want the attention on him a third time. Wonder if he'll tell the whole story and share the truth - polygraphs suck but liars suck harder!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:17am
hoopmump wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 11:24pm:
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Railroaded lies - he knows that he won't proceed w/ a suit because he doesn't want the attention on him a third time. Wonder if he'll tell the whole story and share the truth - polygraphs suck but liars suck harder!

Please enlighten the readers with regard to your basis for this post.  Are you personally involved with Railroaded's case or are you simply making an ass-umption?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box srhiter
New User

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 10:57pm
I'm not an attorney, but I really think that you should have tape recorded everything that you possibly could have audio recorded.  If your allegations are true, as I'm sure that they are, then you definitely would have had a big lawsuit.  Your due process rights were violated with no regard to the Constitution.  It is important to mention that you had to have been accused of something, at a specific time(s), date(s) or location(s).  The time for providing a defense to such charges are not at a polygraph examination.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dlr4Lyfe
New User

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 9:31am
railroaded wrote on Nov 8th, 2005 at 3:38pm:
Before I give the update let me state MY polygraph policy...DON'T TAKE A POLYGRAPH!

As I said in my previous posts, I was falsely accused of something terrible..."touching" a child inappropriately.

The investigators on the case asked me to take a polygraph...which I agreed to do.  Then I found this site and read about false positives and biased examiners and "coin-flip chance" and decided NOT to take the polygraph.

The investigation went on for many months...a search warrant was served and my computers and cameras and CDs and computer games and printers and scanners were all removed from my home (and I still have not recovered them).

Fliers were posted in my neighborhood on several occasions with MY FULL NAME and ADDRESS on them...identifying me as an "accused child molester".

My children were interviewed by DCFS and State's Attorney investigators.  During the interviews the investigators said to my children "we just want to stop whoever is hurting you...tell me about your father".

I was marked as a pariah in the town I live in...except for my immediate neighbors who have known me for years and stood by me throughout this ordeal.

My wife's friends ostracized her after their children were interviewed.  I was fired from my job when the investigators showed up to copy the harddrive of my computer.  I couldn't sleep for 6 months...lost 30 pounds...had to MOVE my family out of the town we lived in.

Thank God my wife stood by me through the entire investigation.  Thoughts of suicide were never far from my mind, but were quickly chased away by the image of my children growing up without a father.

Finally the investigation concluded.  It was determined that my children lived in a loving and secure home, free of any deviant behavior.

It was determined that the accusations by the "victim" (or "victims" as I heard from random people in the streets) were unfounded.

Never once did any investigator tell me specifically what I was accused of or who was accusing me!  I lost my life savings to an attorney and to a move that I did not want.

My attorney...after assessing my demeanor in our meetings (I was a nervous wreck...often very emotional)...was adamant that had I taken the polygraph I would have failed and would have been arrested and thrown in prison.  He put my chances of passing at 0% regardless of my veracity during the "test".

So now I have moved my wife and family away from our hometown.  I get a fresh start so-to-speak.  But I am scarred...emotionally and psychologically.  But I am educated.  Educated about polygraphy...the legal system...false accusations....etc.

And I will never stop telling the people I meet about the lie behind the lie detector.

I understand exactly what you're going through, i'm actually going through the same thing right now, and my life has been a living hell for the past year.  If you could e-mail me, i'd really like to pick your brain, and see if i could get any suggestions from you.  My email is Dlr4Lyfe@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box railroaded
New User

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 12:47pm
ALL...I edited this message because I said a few things that maybe I shouldn't have.  The admin pointed out to me that maybe I was being a little paranoid and I apologize to Dlr4lyfe for anything I might have said or implied that was less than considerate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No offense but I don't care to email anyone regarding my situation...

I would be more than happy to share my thoughts and ideas with you, but certainly not via email.

If you are going through what I have experienced then I am sorry...no innocent man deserves this treatment.  My suggestion to you would be to retain a GOOD lawyer and move away from the mess.  But do not flee...that is a strong indicator of guilt.  In my case I moved my family and stayed in my house alone for months until the prosecutor specifically stated that there would be no charges.  Then I got the hell out of there.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005 at 7:00pm by railroaded »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 6:12pm
railroaded wrote on Dec 29th, 2005 at 12:47pm:
I would be more than happy to share my thoughts and ideas with you, but certainly not via email...

Users of this message board can communicate without disclosing their e-mail addresses by using the private message feature.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Update on my situation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X