Normal Topic Denied Clearance....polygraph? (Read 10870 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box detectTHIS
New User

Denied Clearance....polygraph?
Oct 26th, 2005 at 4:48am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I got denied today for my interim security clearance. I am almost positive this is due to marijuana use in college. I still have a shot at my clearance, but this would entail the detailed background investigation, where they would almost positively find out about my extensive marijuana use. My question is, should I volunteer for a polygraph and try to beat it? Does anyone know the DoD’s policy on marijuana? If I do not get a clearance, consider my career over...

IP Logged

New User

Re: Denied Clearance....polygraph?
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 4:52am
Keep in mind; I have an ABSOLUTELY perfect background. No arrests, not even a speeding ticket. I have never been in trouble my whole life, only used a little marijuana.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 7:08am
First off, you have a responsibility to be honest on your BI (Background Investigation) Anything short of it, means there is a potential somewhere for it to come back and bite you. ANd you will always be wondering when it will. If your military and falsify your SF 86 then they can at a minimun give you an article 15 and remove you from a position of trust, to a maximum of a court martial plus brig time. If its a civilian job, then you don't stand a chance of being hired, should the BI dig up missing inflamatory information. It all depends on the level of information you are missing.  Its always prudent when dealing with security to be in a position of knowlege and knowing that you have given them everything.  Robust total honesty means they will look favorably on you, as then they will find nothing at all. Because you have told them about it. As far as the polygraph is concerned, just another pain in the butt hoop to get through. ANd if you read the downloads on this website, the polygraph is nothing.  good luck

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyrized
User

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 2:17pm
Eos

Does that include giving out information about kinky sex practices that would never be public knowledge when asked about this area during lifestyle questions on a polygraph??

Please reference my other posts about security vs suitability and how this type of information can be passed on to other agencies that would normally not have access to such information.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 4:43pm
Poly ... 

What ever happens behind closed doors between consenting adults is there business. Definately not the governments. Now if they find something on the BI that you didn't tell them about, like say a, run in with the law. It would  definately be a bad thing, and no adjudicator will sign off on that clearance. I always made it a point to make sure that the info for my BI was as accurate as possible. WIthin reason of course !! Now if someone coughs up the information on there sex life and kinky habits. Well then they have to live with that, and could potentially DQ that clearance.  Otherwise party on dude !! (-Bill & Ted-)  I believe in honesty not polygraphy .....  ciao

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 2:52am
detectTHIS,

You better come clean with your background investigator--you can't even keep your story straight in two back to back posts on this site. In your first post, you say that you used marijuana extensively, then you turn around literally less than five minutes later and say you only used a little marijuana. Which is it? Do yourself a favor and tell the truth because there's a good chance it will be uncovered during your background probe. If the investigator(s) find something you didn't admit to, you definitely won't get the clearance. Good luck.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:17am
polyfool wrote on Oct 27th, 2005 at 2:52am:
detectTHIS,

You better come clean with your background investigator--you can't even keep your story straight in two back to back posts on this site. In your first post, you say that you used marijuana extensively, then you turn around literally less than five minutes later and say you only used a little marijuana. Which is it? Do yourself a favor and tell the truth because there's a good chance it will be uncovered during your background probe. If the investigator(s) find something you didn't admit to, you definitely won't get the clearance. Good luck.

I said little as a figure of speech you idiot. Stupid dumbass.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:20am
I have been completely honest in everything I have ever done. I went to a liberal CA college and even smoked pot with a professor.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:25am
detectTHIS wrote on Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:17am:

Your above post is in clear violation of AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy, to which you agreed at the time you registered on this message board. Please review our posting policy and abide by it.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 2:46am
detectTHIS wrote on Oct 27th, 2005 at 7:17am:

detectTHIS,

Sensitive, are we? Don't get mad at me because you can't keep your story straight. On second thought, go ahead and volunteer to take the poly and lie your a** off to your background investigator. A good interrogator will eat you alive.Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 8:28am
You know, that's what I get tired of, liars looking for help.  The liars give those of us that got screwed a bad name.  Perhaps you can look to Doug Williams for help.

IP Logged

Denied Clearance....polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X