Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) i take a polygraph tommorrow in 8 hours! help (Read 8005 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box audirob19
New User

i take a polygraph tommorrow in 8 hours! help
Sep 2nd, 2005 at 1:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
What r the main things i have to do on the control questions? and what shouldnt i do on them? and what key things should i remember?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: i take a polygraph tommorrow in 8 hours! help
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 1:41pm
Read Chapters 3 & 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector:

http://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-the-lie-detector.pdf

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box retcopper
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 3:06pm
Just remember to tell the truth.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 5:54pm
retcopper wrote on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 3:06pm:

Except on the control questions, which you are supposed to lie (and more importantly, show a reaction on).  Your polygrapher won't tell you to lie on these.  You better read the book; and not rely on RETarded advice.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Johnn
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 6:50pm
retcopper wrote on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 3:06pm:

THis advice doesn't work - I tested it myself.  Any other suggestions?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:11pm
george im taking a polygraph test that my dad wants me to take to find out things like have i ever been involved in drugs. im super confused. if a " control" question is asked is that when i clinch my butt and bite my lip? and on the relevant questions r those the ones that i pick a spot on the wall and concentrate on it. while on the irrelevent questions i dont worry about those at all? if u can plz just write a little on what i should physically and mentally do for the " control questions" the " irrelevant" questions and " " relevant" questions. plz. i would really appreciate mean while i am reading the chapters u told me to read over and over. the reason i am confused is the only advice i really seem to have found is on control questions if my mental resonses is greater than those to the relevant questions i will pass.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:17pm
like for instance on the ones that he asks u " think of a specific time that u have done something and dont tell me about it but lie " since he is asking me to think of a specific time and lie is this when i should try not to think of anything at all? like whatever he asks i do the opposite?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:32pm
audirob19 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:11pm:
if a " control" question is asked is that when i clinch my butt and bite my lip?...

Yes, you want to show a reaction to the "control" questions, but clinching your butt and biting your lip are not recommended as countermeasures.

Quote:
and on the relevant questions r those the ones that i pick a spot on the wall and concentrate on it.

You don't want to augment any reaction to the relevant questions. But it's not clear to me what advantage there might be to concentrating on a spot on the wall...

Quote:
while on the irrelevent questions i dont worry about those at all?

Correct.

Quote:
if u can plz just write a little on what i should physically and mentally do for the " control questions" the " irrelevant" questions and " " relevant" questions.

This is all described in Chapter 4. I don't have the time or patience to recap it here.

Quote:
like for instance on the ones that he asks u " think of a specific time that u have done something and dont tell me about it but lie " since he is asking me to think of a specific time and lie is this when i should try not to think of anything at all? like whatever he asks i do the opposite?

That's a directed lie control question. It doesn't matter what you think about when answering it, but you would want to show a reaction to it.

On a final note, I think your father's wish that you submit to a polygraph "test" about drug use is misguided. Polygraphs are junk science, and even if you use countermeasures, it is not a guarantee that you will pass. You might be better off refusing the polygraph (you can refer your father to the information you've learned here). If you need to prove that you haven't used illegal drugs, you can take a drug test.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:02pm
thanks a lot george. i understand that u dont have much time but u have helped at all. i have had once before and the examiner had asked me " have u ever stolen from anyone" he had actually told me that on those questions i should think of a specific time and to try and feel bad about it. then i thought i was doing that and he would be angry and say " come on ur not even trying" is this cuz i was actually doing well for myself? or what? hahaha. and also if u could recommend me ur best counter measure trick. arithmitic in head, sexual thoughts etc. i would really appreciate it thank u so much

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:08pm
When the polygrapher got on your case about "not even trying," he was sensitizing you to the directed lie control question, which would actually have the effect of helping you to pass.

If I were to use countermeasures myself, I would personally opt for mental countermeasures, probably solving math problems.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:15pm
wow i cant believe that he was trying to help. i had sensed him trying to like he would tell me " on these questions comming up u have a better chance for urself if u try and think of specific times when u did things or just think a lot" and i actually believed him and tried this. But i have depression and take medicine and on top of which i dont have a very mental or thinking mind. Im very calm and cool. It was hard for me to think of specific times and to try and do a lot of mental work. BUt i have been testing the arithmitic and with that i can actually visualise the number and the answers which is 10x more than what i usually have visualized in my head. Im actually feeling confident about this.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 5:04am
audirob19 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:15pm:
wow i cant believe that he was trying to help. i had sensed him trying to like he would tell me " on these questions comming up u have a better chance for urself if u try and think of specific times when u did things or just think a lot" and i actually believed him and tried this. But i have depression and take medicine and on top of which i dont have a very mental or thinking mind. Im very calm and cool. It was hard for me to think of specific times and to try and do a lot of mental work. BUt i have been testing the arithmitic and with that i can actually visualise the number and the answers which is 10x more than what i usually have visualized in my head. Im actually feeling confident about this.

Let us know how it goes.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 5:45am
audirob19 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:11pm:
george im taking a polygraph test that my dad wants me to take to find out things like have i ever been involved in drugs.

Soooo,

Have you ever been involved in drugs?

Just wondering Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 7:54pm
nonombre wrote on Sep 3rd, 2005 at 5:45am:

Soooo,

Have you ever been involved in drugs?

Just wondering Roll Eyes

Nonombre,
have you?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 9:22pm
Johnn wrote on Sep 3rd, 2005 at 7:54pm:

Nonombre,
have you?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I have been actively buying illegal drugs for nearly 20 years.   Marhuana, Cocaine, Ecstasy, LSD, Meth, mushrooms.  You name it, I have bought it...

Of course...I typically got the pleasure of locking up the person who sold it to me...  Grin

IP Logged

i take a polygraph tommorrow in 8 hours! help

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X