Normal Topic which test format,,PLEASE HELP (Read 1297 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box infinite
New User

which test format,,PLEASE HELP
Aug 28th, 2005 at 6:49am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i am going in for a polygraph on a criminal investigation. This is a private test requested by my attorney and I to clear my name... if i pass. The prosecutor wont know about the test.

1. What test format will it be?
2. What will be the order of CQ, IQ and RQ's?
3. The relevant questions should be obvious...i assumed..it has to do with the case...is this correct? 
4. This would make finding the control questions easier...it would not relate to the case...am i right?
5. I find that doing both ...biting my tongue and holding my breath is very hard to do when you are nervous. Will it work just w biting my tongue?
6. Do you recomend breathing with the nose or mouth during the RQ's and base line?. It seem like nose is easier and not very noticiable.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: which test format,,PLEASE HELP
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2005 at 9:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
infinite wrote on Aug 28th, 2005 at 6:49am:
1. What test format will it be?

It will almost certainly be a probable-lie CQT.

Quote:
2. What will be the order of CQ, IQ and RQ's?

One cannot be certain. If you plan on using countermeasures, you need to be able to identify questions as relevant, irrelevant, or "control" on-the-fly. That said, the order may be similar to (but not necessarily the same as) that of any of the Zone Comparison "Tests" provided in Appendix C of the 4th edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

Quote:
3. The relevant questions should be obvious...i assumed..it has to do with the case...is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:
4. This would make finding the control questions easier...it would not relate to the case...am i right?

The polygrapher will attempt to make the "control" questions appear to be connected to the case. For example, a "control" question may be introduced as being intended to help determine whether you are the kind of person who would commit the crime of which you are accused. But they are not directly incriminating.

Quote:
5. I find that doing both ...biting my tongue and holding my breath is very hard to do when you are nervous. Will it work just w biting my tongue?

It might. But if you (involuntarily) react strongly when asked the relevant questions, it might not. You may find that biting your tongue produces a change in breathing without your having to think about it.

Quote:
6. Do you recomend breathing with the nose or mouth during the RQ's and base line?. It seem like nose is easier and not very noticiable.

People mostly breathe through their nose while at rest. If I were using countermeasures, that's what I would do throughout the entire procedure. I understand that some people do breathe predominantly through their mouths, however. But in either case, I don't see how it makes much of a difference in connection with polygraphy.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

which test format,,PLEASE HELP

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X